Starting CB Opposite Gilmore While McKelvin Out

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're going with Darby with Safety help although I admit if it were Graham at CB2 and Rambo at Safety, I'd feel more comfortable based on the production we've seen from all involved so far on field.

But I'm not a coach! I dunno! Maybe it will work out just fine. We'll know soon enough.

The OP's questions is would "I" move Graham back to CB for game 1 vs Suck for Luck? My answer is not yes, but HELL YEAH!!!

Suck for Luck will have a field day with this kid, safety help or not. Darby wasn't burned once or twice, he was burned repeatedly. I would start Brooks over Darby as well.

ABD - Anyone But Darby.

Edited by reddogblitz

The O's questions is would "I" move Graham bck to CB for game 1 vs Suck for Luck? My answer is not yes, but HELL YEAH!!!

Suck for Luck will have a field day with this kid, safety help or not. Darby wasn't burned once or twice, he was burned repeatedly. I would start Brooks over Darby as well.

ABD - Anyone But Darby.

I agree, "safety help over the top" isn't going to going to do it.

Luck et al have been watching what we have seen. The Bills will be putting butter and jelly on Darby in the locker room by halftime.

darby will be fine. not great, but fine.

Andre Johnson is not that fast anymore but he's 4" taller then Darby. He has impressive range. That could be an issue but easily fixed by extra help from a safety. Montcrief gets #'s but he's nothing fancy.

The Colts will pass for 250 yards, but so what? I don't think that'll have much to do with the outcome.

Plus TY was the #1 last year and he saw some good corners and still dominated. Now he's gonna see a rookie, with Andre Johnson drawing coverage on the other side?

Yeah. I'd definitely use Darby's athleticism combined with Graham's awareness to cover Hilton.

Otherwise, you'll have Graham getting burned and a more-likely misstep from Duke or Rambo.

Gilmore's gonna have to be in mid-season form by game 1.

Yeah. I'd definitely use Darby's athleticism combined with Graham's awareness to cover Hilton.

Otherwise, you'll have Graham getting burned and a more-likely misstep from Duke or Rambo.

Gilmore's gonna have to be in mid-season form by game 1.

Silver lining is Gilmore will get to show if he can be Gilmore Island and be worth the big pay day he wants.

darby will be fine. not great, but fine.

Andre Johnson is not that fast anymore but he's 4" taller then Darby. He has impressive range. That could be an issue but easily fixed by extra help from a safety. Montcrief gets #'s but he's nothing fancy.

The Colts will pass for 250 yards, but so what? I don't think that'll have much to do with the outcome.

250? More like 350.