ESPN: Some doubt LeSean McCoy will be ready for opener

johnwalter

Bryce yes, but what exactly did Karlos do vs Carolina that was "great"? Was it the 14 carries for 40 yards? Was it all the tackles he broke? All the guys he made miss? All the tacklers he bounced off of? Effective use of the hit and spin? Seriously, what was it??

he looked great - fast power back who can hit the hole quickly. He is one big dude. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 beat me to it, but McCoy is a very good up the gut runner. Far better than Spiller. His greatest talent, that's really unmatched by any other back in today's NFL and what makes him special, is his ability to cut in the hole. When he was in Andy Reid's offense he was asked to run up the middle far more than in Kelly's. Bills fans who really haven't watched much of McCoy before are going to be very happy with him -- especially in a Greg Roman offensive scheme.

Niiice. Thx

Bryce yes, but what exactly did Karlos do vs Carolina that was "great"? Was it the 14 carries for 40 yards? Was it all the tackles he broke? All the guys he made miss? All the tacklers he bounced off of? Effective use of the hit and spin? Seriously, what was it??

Dude, you clearly didn't watch the game. The guy never went down at the first hit. Pushed the pile. Showed a burst. He appears to be the real deal.

I liked Karlos' power. Keeps his legs churning.

A guy who keeps his legs churning is great. Gotcha. Reminds me of a famous Coach Marrone quote in regards to effort and results. He did score a TD on a dive over, but as we saw Saturday, even the old man can do that.

In my mind, a RB is great if he, you know, gains a lot of yards.

Edited by reddogblitz

A guy who keeps his legs churning is great. Gotcha. Reminds me of a famous Coach Marrone quote in regards to effort and results. He did score a TD on a dive over, but as we saw Saturday, even the old man can do that.

In my mind, a RB is great if he, you know, gains a lot of yards.

So basically only will be happy if have an older Vet with a lot of mileage on his legs as backup. Personally like the pontential of our current stable of backs. Yes I really liked Fred, and hope he does well with whoever he winds up with, but think they are thinking more long term, and didn't want cut one of the younger backs to keep him. My only real concern is who is going to fill Fred's pass blocking role.

So basically only will be happy if have an older Vet with a lot of mileage on his legs as backup. Personally like the pontential of our current stable of backs. Yes I really liked Fred, and hope he does well with whoever he winds up with, but think they are thinking more long term, and didn't want cut one of the younger backs to keep him. My only real concern is who is going to fill Fred's pass blocking role.

No. My contention on this has been the statement that Karlos aWilliams played "Great" against Carolina. My opinion is he was not horrible, but he was far from "Great".

As far as Fred goes, I am of the opinion he could have played and been productive and help get us to the playoffs THIS YEAR. So I wish we had not cut him. We can worry about next years RB next year. They're not that hard to find. But, we are where we are.

Go BILLS !!

Edited by reddogblitz

sure glad we cut Fred :wallbash:

just from a talent standpoint he is better than Boobie and Bryce so cutting him was foolish. If it was for money then it's even dumber because "supposedly" money isn't a problem and we will do what ever it takes to win, Well you screwed up this time FO.

He's not Fred. That makes him great.

I actually am not too worried - I think he will play but maybe not as much as he normally would and will share carries with Dixon, Williams. Think any of the three can run on the Colts D if our OL plays halfway decent. UDFA Jonas Gray ran for hundreds of yards and 4 TDs on them last year. I know that they were worried about the Pats passing game and that helped them run but they truly can't tackle.

Smoke and/or mirrors.

He intended on keeping the QB choice secret until the opener, and that got out. I'm guessing this is his plan B.

That "got out" on purpose since it was a popular move and they were hoping it cancel out at least some of the hate they knew would come from cutting #22.

As Sal explained this a.m., Rex has consistently said that he is on track to be ready for week 1. What they can't predict is whether he experiences a setback between now and then so he isn't going to give any guarantees.

Josina seemed to be more concerned about him being in "football shape" after having not practiced for a few weeks. I am not sure if that is a big deal or not? Could be but veteran players do this often in TC (sit out practice).

Edited by YoloinOhio