The pressure is on LeSean McCoy now

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was on the practice field today doing some stretching work. So he must be getting close.

:thumbsup: Thanks.

I think he might have a really big game against Indy. Being a rookie without a ton of preseason action, he might be taken for granted by the Colts as another dime a dozen running back.

I usually agree with your takes but I don't understand your position here. The reality is that the beloved and respected Fred simply had little left in the tank. If you factor in the business side of the business FJ's cut should not come as a surprise. McCoy's performance has little to do with Fred. There is no additional pressure on McCoy related to Jackson's departure..

The pressure on the newly acquired back comes from being acquired in a high profile trade, being highly paid and being a top tier back in the league. I simply don't see how FJ's departure raises the pressure for McCoy.

I want to note that I always respect your views on the team. But to be candid on this issue you have me very perplexed.??? Sometimes it is mistake to over think an issue. Maybe it happened here????

I think if you re-read my take you will see the point of this thread has absolutely nothing to do with what Fred has left in the tank.

This is about fans now focusing directly on the players deemed to have made Fred completely expendable.

I mean, look how the sentiment toward Whaley has changed already.

Now I am hearing that Whaley was pushing for EJ to win the starting job because he was his chosen QB.

A couple weeks ago you couldn't find enough supporters to fill phone booth if you said that EJ was Whaley's hand picked QB.........It was all Buddy Nix!!

This EVEN THOUGH Whaley had gushed about how he went to scout EJ and EJ had "it" and all that.

Fans perspectives change when they realize that the people in charge don't see things the way they do.

Like I said.......McCoy will get no slack and no excuses will be accepted now.

The insulator has left the building.

This coming from the author of the rabbit chasing thread. :lol::doh:

I just thought it was an interesting thing for people to read and nothing more

Not sure how that has to do with McCoy being worried just thiought itt was interestsing especially seeing Deonte Thompsonnis from there.

Edited by billsfan_34

I think if you re-read my take you will see the point of this thread has absolutely nothing to do with what Fred has left in the tank.

This is about fans now focusing directly on the players deemed to have made Fred completely expendable.

Now I am hearing that Whaley was pushing for EJ to win the starting job because he was his chosen QB.

A couple weeks ago you couldn't find enough supporters to fill phone booth if you said that EJ was Whaley's hand picked QB.........It was all Buddy Nix!!

This EVEN THOUGH Whaley had gushed about how he went to scout EJ and EJ had "it" and all that.

Fans perspectives change when they realize that the people in charge don't see things the way they do.

With respect to the Fred and the EJ perspectives I think you are over-thinking and analyzing the roster moves. TT simply beat out the competition regardless who was involved in the drafting of EJ.

I think that Whaley is smart enough to realize that the best selection at qb or any other position is in his own self-interest. The GM has stated on a number of occasions that he is the one who brings in players and it is the HC and his staff who make the decisions to start and play.

As I said in a prior post I most often agree with your take and if not I still give a lot of weight to your thoughts. With respect to your take on FJ and how it relates to LM I not only respectfully disagree with you but also am perplexed by it. But don't be bothered by my confusion because I am very easy to befuddle. :thumbsup:

With respect to the Fred and the EJ perspectives I think you are over-thinking and analyzing the roster moves. TT simply beat out the competition regardless who was involved in the drafting of EJ.

I think that Whaley is smart enough to realize that the best selection at qb or any other position is in his own self-interest. The GM has stated on a number of occasions that he is the one who brings in players and it is the HC and his staff who make the decisions to start and play.

As I said in a prior post I most often agree with your take and if not I still give a lot of weight to your thoughts. With respect to your take on FJ and how it relates to LM I not only respectfully disagree with you but also am perplexed by it. But don't be bothered by my confusion because I am very easy to befuddle. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I really don't think you get my point.

This is about perspective.

I'm realistic........I knew EJ was very much a Whaley pick all along........he SAID SO.

But because people were down on EJ......most others have insisted to place "blame" for his selection on Nix.

NOW.......after a very controversial move by Whaley........suddenly the popular take is that EJ was a Whaley pick and that he was lobbying against fan favorite Tyrod. :lol:

This plays into McCoy because fans and media are now scrutinizing the moves Whaley has made because of the Fred decision......hell they are even backdating his wrongs!

If McCoy doesn't produce early and often he will be booed.

Prior to this the same people who were blaming Buddy Nix for the "failed" EJ selection were already waiting with excuses for McCoy if he failed (O-line, new system, injury etc..).

No longer the case.

If you don't get it, you don't get it. Maybe Dave can be more succinct.

It's not overthought.......this is a point I have been making for YEARS. Sports fans have a terrible time being objective about their team.

It's either all good or all bad.

Right now Whaley is all bad in the eyes of MANY Fred supporters who had also been Whaley apologists.

I think by cutting Jackson, Whaley could be putting the pressure on Roman and the RB coaches to make sure the young backups on this team (Karlos and Brown) and Boobie get some playing time. It would have been a bit easier for the coaches to rely on Fred too often and not give these guys the experience they need to develop. Obviously, Whaley thinks these guys have talent and potential. But it's tough to grow on the bench (especially for the RB, IMO). Even had Jackson taken a big cut in pay, that situation would still be present on the team.

Now, I'm not saying it was the right decision, but I have a feeling that played a big part (aside from clearing cap $$ for the upcoming big contracts).

Good post.