Whaley is an idiot for cutting Fred

The struggle I think we are seeing is merely those that aren't convinced he wasn't still good enough to contribute. Nobody should believe this wasn't hard for the front office and ownership. He was the heart and soul of the team for nearly a decade. Of course that team was a perennial loser, which makes one wonder what that really means.

ignoring the last line, im not sure why fans would think rex and whaley have it out to screw fred at their own expense. clearly they felt it was the right move and they are way more familiar with the moving pieces, and way more motivated to see success than anyone here. if folks want to question it, so be it, guys make mistakes - but im sure this is not a move they took lightly knowing not just what fans, but his teammates think of him.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In a move that shocks some, doesn't surprise others and ultimately reflects rather poorly on coach Rex Ryan and GM Doug Whaley, the Bills cut Jackson...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2015/08/31/rex-ryan-fumbled-letting-fred-jackson-go/71460372/

Yes it reflects poorly that the GM and head coach are picking the best 53 man roster instead of smartly picking the players fans want for sentimental reasons.

Who`s the Idiot now ? Thanks for all the past remarks. The truth be told.

frankly, ive agreed with your take on the move but your presentation, and eagerness still makes it look like you are. theres a big difference between trying to rationally discuss the merits of a move, and being eager to dance on the guys grave. i like to think you and i have been on opposite sides of that line, despite our agreement that freddy was likely at his end.

frankly, ive agreed with your take on the move but your presentation, and eagerness still makes it look like you are. theres a big difference between trying to rationally discuss the merits of a move, and being eager to dance on the guys grave. i like to think you and i have been on opposite sides of that line, despite our agreement that freddy was likely at his end.

Not when I was attacked for the mention of Fred being done. I can give it,as well as take it on here.

Not when I was attacked for the mention of Fred being done. I can give it,as well as take it on here.

ever wonder why you get it a lot worse than i do in these discussions? i frequently take unpopular stances, including here.... yet for some reason, you get attacked....

just throwing it out there: maybe if you chilled on trying to give it to people, youd have enjoyable and civil conversations.

Because how you are perceived on a mostly anonymous message board is important? And precisely how did this attack occur -- with barbs of wit and bullets of sarcasm?

ever wonder why you get it a lot worse than i do in these discussions? i frequently take unpopular stances, including here.... yet for some reason, you get attacked....

just throwing it out there: maybe if you chilled on trying to give it to people, youd have enjoyable and civil conversations.

No I see all kinds of spats on here.I just know when I`m right . Anyway it`s done. Time for a fresh start.

Because he's 34 , slowing down and gets injured often. I'm disappointed he's gone but we move on.

Yep. Is what it is. Shame he had to spend his time during the team's suck period. He can get in there with Peerless Price, Travis Henry, and all the others who toiled for absolutely nothing for a screwed up mis managed franchise the past 15 years. Go Bills. Turn the page. Thanks for the memories Fred. You got way more out of your career than most do... walk away healthy wealthy and happy. Enjoy the family. Be a coach.