QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, TT been in the league since 2011. Played 13 game compared to EJ's 15 games. Both are project players IMO. They haven't started or played in enough games to know what they are. At this point, I would take EJ over TT. EJ's size and arm is more suited for the NFL.

That is kind of the point. The Bills have 2 project players and are handing the keys to one of them. They are going to give him every chance to succeed.

OK Tyrod

Now the real work begins

Rex wanted to keep this under wraps but it looks like its out

You can expect

- Run blitz to try to keep you in the pocket.....stop the run....and force you to throw to the intermediate field

- When you do run...you gotta learn to take what the D gives you and not try to get all those extra yards....in the regular season safeties are going to see just how sideways they can turn your helmet with a hit

I know you can do it......but now that you have the job you gotta do something with it

EJ's getting dissed by this organization at every turn. What I saw on Saturday was a starting NFL QB. Putting him at 3rd shows no confidence in him and if I was him I'd be pissed asf. Rex is a players coach and he made his decision, EJ's getting no playing time barring catastrophe. What's that say to EJ? Oh, man, you're OK, well keep you, if my boy goes down maybe we can throw you in there but here, you sit here and watch and if I need you I'll let you know.

Eff that, send him somewhere where his coach wants him. He's gonna be a distraction, to me, here anyways. As a fan, I want to focus on our team now, not a guy I think, coulda woulda shoulda

It's obvious you are EJs campaign manager, but with all due respect, EJ dissed himself by virtue of his own play in his first two seasons. The worst QB in the league for stretches of both years.

He's showing signs of improvement, and I definitely hope we keep him around to develop in case he can be a starter in the NFL. But your desperation to paint him as if he's been a 5 year vet who's taken a team to the playoffs or something like that is laughable. You're literally citing his year 3 preseason QBR as evidence of his greatness? Dude has played in regular season NFL games... you do realize that? In them, he helmed one of the most ineffective offenses in the game.

Are you serious with this hot take? It's really not that complicated.

For many reasons, beyond 3 pre-season games, Taylor won the job. For many reasons, beyond 3 pre-season games, the coaches feel comfortable with Matt Cassell as the primary backup. Probably because they feel he can come in the game in a pinch without any preparation and handle that better than EJ. For many reasons, FAR beyond 3 pre-season games, EJ is going to be third string.

Look, I like EJ too, but he's not getting screwed. Believe it or not Rex, Whaley, and the rest of the staff have a much larger vested interest in the success of the team that you do. They wouldn't stash a star QB because they didn't like him.

Do you not know Rex's history? Has he not displayed his ego enough for you. Rex picks his guy and doesn't look back. Rex makes his choice. He chose Tyrod, he chose to make my guy, Manuel sit. I think Rex made the wrong decision.

I like Tyrods energy but I see him being exposed quickly. I see the WR's wanting to catch those big balls EJ throws, I see it becoming a distraction. I am not all, Oh, Rex is so perfect, since he says it it must be right. I think he is wrong and it could hurt the team. His leash just got very short with me.

All I want to see is the Bills win, my gut tells me, through this season Manuel wins us more games than Tyrod. I wanted Manuel last year, and I want him this year. If all we do is win with Tyrod, then I'll become a blind follower, I just, I'm so so skeptical.

The voidable part is what gets me after 2 seasons.

It was Tyrod banking on himself. Basically he and the organization agreed that if he proved to be starting quality in the first two years they would work out a new deal that pays starting QB money.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

EJ's getting dissed by this organization at every turn. What I saw on Saturday was a starting NFL QB. Putting him at 3rd shows no confidence in him and if I was him I'd be pissed asf. Rex is a players coach and he made his decision, EJ's getting no playing time barring catastrophe. What's that say to EJ? Oh, man, you're OK, well keep you, if my boy goes down maybe we can throw you in there but here, you sit here and watch and if I need you I'll let you know.

Eff that, send him somewhere where his coach wants him. He's gonna be a distraction, to me, here anyways. As a fan, I want to focus on our team now, not a guy I think, coulda woulda shoulda

You are making this WAY too personal, IMO. Not starting a player isn't dissing him. If anything Rex went out of his way to say it was a very close competition and all three played well.

I also don't think EJ will be a distraction in any way. The guy has always been professional and a team guy all the way. Hopefully, if he gets his opportunity this year, he will make the most of it.

It's obvious you are EJs campaign manager, but with all due respect, EJ dissed himself by virtue of his own play in his first two seasons. The worst QB in the league for stretches of both years.

He's showing signs of improvement, and I definitely hope we keep him around to develop in case he can be a starter in the NFL. But your desperation to paint him as if he's been a 5 year vet who's taken a team to the playoffs or something like that is laughable. You're literally citing his year 3 preseason QBR as evidence of his greatness? Dude has played in regular season NFL games... you do realize that? In them, he helmed one of the most ineffective offenses in the game.

He wasn't the "worst" QB in the league. He had an 80 QBR and was 2-2 when replaced. Maybe the putrid offensive scheme made him look bad.

The voidable part is what gets me after 2 seasons.

TT had/has tremendous confidence in himself and wanted to be able to sign for big money if/when he dominates for the first two years. Bills agree to it because it means we have a franchise QB. Win-win contract.

It was Tyrod banking on himself. Basically he and the organization agreed that if he proved to be starting quality in the first two years they would work out a new deal that pays starting QB money.

:thumbsup:

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Try your sad excuse for an act somewhere else, today is not your day Grag

He wasn't the "worst" QB in the league. He had an 80 QBR and was 2-2 when replaced. Maybe the putrid offensive scheme made him look bad.

He was nowhere near the worst QB in the league.

Do you not know Rex's history? Has he not displayed his ego enough for you. Rex picks his guy and doesn't look back. Rex makes his choice. He chose Tyrod, he chose to make my guy, Manuel sit. I think Rex made the wrong decision.

I like Tyrods energy but I see him being exposed quickly. I see the WR's wanting to catch those big balls EJ throws, I see it becoming a distraction. I am not all, Oh, Rex is so perfect, since he says it it must be right. I think he is wrong and it could hurt the team. His leash just got very short with me.

All I want to see is the Bills win, my gut tells me, through this season Manuel wins us more games than Tyrod. I wanted Manuel last year, and I want him this year. If all we do is win with Tyrod, then I'll become a blind follower, I just, I'm so so skeptical.

Oh OK. So now our head coach is on blast? The coach picked this guy and you wanted the other guy, so you're throwing a fit. Thats all that's happening here. Try not to torch the team too much in the process.