Rex is torn TT or Cassel

Reed83HOF

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 4m4 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

Seems like Rex is torn. Cassel or Tyrod.

John Wawrow ‏@john_wawrow 3m3 minutes ago Buffalo, NY

John Wawrow retweeted Nick May

whispers.

John Wawrow added,

Nick May @NMay11
@john_wawrow what makes you say that?

When Matt Cassell is cut, I want every local Bills reporter like this guy, the guys on WGR and all of these idiot local media types to publicly apologize for being so gullible in believing their "inside sources".

Matt Cassel literally has no chance to start and will probably be cut because this team will have a very hard time to get to that 53 number. Why would you keep and pay a mediocre #3 QB 5 million dollars and cut a promising young player in the process? The answer is you wouldn't. These guys are such idiots it boggles the mind.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People need to get off the Darby was a wasted pick train. Give the f--ing guy some time. He's playing one of the toughest positions to assimilate to.

Absolutely. Also funny how excited everyone got last week after two picks that were relatively easy. His overall coverage vs the browns was not good. He needs time.

Gilmore looks great, however. We need Leo.

EJ still makes a left handed throw on third down too often.

Lot's of talent, but not ready.

Tyrod didn't miss a short to intermediate throw all preseason. Not sure we've ever seen a Bills QB do that in a preseason.

Sue he did.

Metz you've been spot on with your calls so far related to this issue and your sources. Thanks. Drop me a line if you hear anything other than we discussed. I've shown my ability to be discreet.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. Although Wawrow's tweet makes me a little nervous. My source a few weeks back about Cassel being Roman's guy was probably a bit stronger than what I have on Taylor being the starter. I'd imagine if there really is a discussion right now (which I don't, I still believe it's Taylor, done deal) that it's Roman advocating for Cassel. That would be in line with the B/R report as well.

I understand why they would pick Tyrod over EJ, but I just feel like that drive we saw from Taylor yesterday is his ceiling. He's pretty much maxed out. And I can't get over his height.

EJ showed us a glimpse of his ceiling and it blows Tyrod out of the water. EJ can be Cam Newton with good intangibles minus some running skills.

Pretty awesome post. Lol. God I love this board

Edited by NewEra

Oh would you stop. Are you serious right now? That drive was his ceiling? What does that even mean? That drive was Joe Montana in his prime's ceiling. It was literally a perfect drive. I don't know if you're serious or not.

I'm serious. You're not the only guy here who's watched a lot of football. You can get a feel for what kind of player a QB is, his floor, and his ceiling by watching him.

I have a pretty good feel for what kind of QB Tyrod Taylor is and could be. And I think EJ's potential blows him out of the water long-term. Deal with it.

I'm serious. You're not the only guy here who's watched a lot of football. You can get a feel for what kind of player a QB is, his floor, and his ceiling by watching him.

I have a pretty good feel for what kind of QB Tyrod Taylor is and could be. And I think EJ's potential blows him out of the water long-term. Deal with it.

Except the BILLS aren't in the "long term" business. If a TD drive is TT's "ceiling", then the 4th down throw is EJ's "standard".

Can you repost in this thread after the starter is announced please?

Lol, you, like most of the media, are desperate to make up some sort of excuse for why EJ started in the 3rd preseason game other than he is going to be the game 1 starter. Its hilarious what I have read by paid media members this week. As Ockham would say, let's pick the solution that doesn't involve applying layer after layer of assumption to arrive at it, shall we?

If the Bills start Cassel, which I do not believe they will. They will have blown it BIG TIME! Wait until they lose to the Colts and have to deal with the media . Cassel puts up a 17 for 28 and 101 yards with no TDs and and 2 picks. Oh and get dont forget getting sacked a few times with no rushing yards.

I understand why they would pick Tyrod over EJ, but I just feel like that drive we saw from Taylor yesterday is his ceiling. He's pretty much maxed out. And I can't get over his height.

EJ showed us a glimpse of his ceiling and it blows Tyrod out of the water. EJ can be Cam Newton with good intangibles minus some running skills.

LOL is the ceiling vaulted?

Lol, you, like most of the media, are desperate to make up some sort of excuse for why EJ started in the 3rd preseason game other than he is going to be the game 1 starter. Its hilarious what I have read by paid media members this week. As Ockham would say, let's pick the solution that doesn't involve applying layer after layer of assumption to arrive at it, shall we?

I bet Occam would be pretty mad that some dude named Ockham was stealing his most famous line.

OK saying that Manuel has a higher ceiling than Taylor is one thing. I disagree with you and I think you only believe that because of where they were drafted, which is entirely misleading with respect to both of them, but it's a rational thought. But you said that drive yesterday was Taylor's ceiling. That would be like if Mike Trout hit three home runs in a game, stole two bases and made the sickest catch ever, saying "I don't know guys, I think we just saw his ceiling." You literally couldn't have had two better drives than he had.

Oh would you stop. Are you serious right now? That drive was his ceiling? What does that even mean? That drive was Joe Montana in his prime's ceiling. It was literally a perfect drive. I don't know if you're serious or not.

It was a great drive but far from perfect. The Steelers were leaving guys open all across the field. Taylor had guys wide open farther down the field but he threw to guys for 5-10 yard gains instead.

When Matt Cassell is cut, I want every local Bills reporter like this guy, the guys on WGR and all of these idiot local media types to publicly apologize for being so gullible in believing their "inside sources".

Matt Cassel literally has no chance to start and will probably be cut because this team will have a very hard time to get to that 53 number. Why would you keep and pay a mediocre #3 QB 5 million dollars and cut a promising young player in the process? The answer is you wouldn't. These guys are such idiots it boggles the mind.

Um, because you need a QB, the QB needs to run the offense, and you can't pick a guy up off the street and teach him the offense in a week if the injury bug strikes?

Like it or don't, it's easier to pick up a promising young player off the street for almost any other position (center or long snapper probably being the exception)

When Cassel isn't cut, you should apologize to Matt Cassel.

Other than "blowing out of the water" comment, I agree with you. Manuel is the very definition of the prototypical QB you are looking for life in the AFC East. While it's fun watching a small QB like Taylor running around making eye popping plays. In the back of everyone's mind is that he will be busted up one day. It will probably be on a cold and blustery day.

I think that Bills fans are scared to believe in EJ right now. They've been programmed to believe the "EJ sucks and will never be good" crap coming from the local media types who seem to be casual fans with very little brain cells.

I like Tyrod, but I think now is the time for the Bills to be fearless and start EJ Manuel because he earned it with his play in the scrimmage and four preseason games. He's got the size, build, arm, confidence and ability...AND he's throwing crazy good long TD passes that will no doubt lead to opening up gaping holes for McCoy to skip through. Don't be afraid Rex, start EJ Manuel!

Edited by 1billsfan

It was a great drive but far from perfect. The Steelers were leaving guys open all across the field. Taylor had guys wide open farther down the field but he threw to guys for 5-10 yard gains instead.

10 yds moves the chains. Short throws are high percentage throws, or should be. And hasn't the knock on Taylor been, he's got legs, he's got a long ball, but he doesn't have those short-intermediate throws? So....