The everything Bills QB thread - during Steelers at Bills

Tyrod as starter. Cassel as emergency backup. EJ as 3.

I said it weeks ago. My preference is to start EJ or TT and have Cassel as the #2 on game days. However, if the starter is hurt the #3 should jump into the starter role.

I'm still on board with this.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it weeks ago. My preference is to start EJ or TT and have Cassel as the #2 on game days. However, if the starter is hurt the #3 should jump into the starter role.

I'm still on board with this.

Why? I would feel more confident with EJ or TT coming into a game and taking up where the other left off than I would be with Cassel. The gameplan would be more suited for them over Cassel also.

Edited by Dibs

Why? I would feel more confident with EJ or TT coming into a game and taking up where the other left off than I would be with Cassel. The gameplan would be more suited for them over Cassel also.

I guess I just trust Cassel to be the prepared vet coming off the bench more than the other two. With an entire week of preparation I trust both TT and EJ much more than Cassel though.

It's really not as bad as it's being made out to be. They're doing just fine with the depleted weapons they have to work with. I think the Bills can get to the playoffs with either of the 3. They don't have to be superstars, just be consistent, efficient, and mistake free. So far, EJ is the only one with a TD pass in each game he's played in the preseason, Taylor brings excitement, and Cassel brings the needed veteran experience.

Best case scenario is still EJ winning the week 1 starting job as the long term answer at the position for years to come. 2nd best case is Taylor. Cassel is not the long term answer. He should be the veteran backup and insurance if EJ or TT falters, but from a win now standpoint, he'll serve the purpose.

Biggest problem I see (pessimist speaking) - I think Tyrod or EJ gets the starting nod. Either one has a bad game, hell a bad half... the whispers start. That is the real problem of not just picking one of them and moving forward.

I officially don't trust the coaching staff if Cassel is chosen as the starter.

I am happy to share now that the decision was made that Taylor was the starter before this game. I think Rex makes the announcement sooner than later because I think the whole league knows right about now and there's no point in trying to deceive anyone anymore.

I am happy to share now that the decision was made that Taylor was the starter before this game. I think Rex makes the announcement sooner than later because I think the whole league knows right about now and there's no point in trying to deceive anyone anymore.

I can roll with Taylor. I've maintained the following the entire time.

#ABC