how high do you draft Shady? Watkins? Bills D?

Pete

Karlos Williams and Tyrod Taylor (if he starts) could vulture TD's from Shady. I wonder what the plan is for using Shady as a receiver, he could really be a weapon in PPR leagues.

based on some of the reports from camp and how Roman used Gore, I expect him to be very involved.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

curious as to why... He's ranked 11 overall on ESPN

Just saw your list - so he's behind those 7 guys, yes... But how is 12 the worst fantasy pick of all time? Most of the top 15 are RBs.

Edit: are you taking about Shady or AB?

Because the poster is planning on drafting Antonio Bryant at 8 when he should be drafting Antonio brown

I try my hardest to not draft Bills players, usually because I over-value them, and in the past they have had very drastic up and down weeks. The exception to that is that I allow myself to pick them off waivers if they become available and look like they might go on a hot streak for a few weeks. If the Buffalo D is going so high, I probably wont touch them either. Its just too easy to pick up defense every week and nab average points. I do not dedicate a bench slot for defense on bye week - so that is most likely my biggest reason.

A good reason I wont touch Sammy early this year, is because I feel there are other weapons that will pickup short and intermediate routes while Sammy gets the extra coverage, not to mention the TE and RB outlets available - and because we don't have Aaron Rodgers sitting in the pocket. Round 6 would be very tempting though. With that said, at this juncture, its pretty tough to predict the value of Buffalo passing game - with uncertainty of the TE contributions and guarantee of pounding the rock quite a bit. If our defense is very good, the offense wont be looking to make up huge margins of points in the air.

I like Karlos for a last round bench stash, hypothetically. But I swear, I won't draft him. ;-)

I have a keeper league draft Saturday. Able to retain three players by forfeiting the pick the next year in the round that they were initially selected. It definitely changes how I look at this draft. Shady has a much lower value for me in this case, where at Watkins is much more valuable. I'm excited to see how it plays out, but I have a 3rd round grade on Watkins. If he turns into the player we all know he can be, I have no problem forfeiting a 3rd rounder each year for a real play maker

I have drafted in 3 leagues this year... I took Sammy twice once in the 5th and once in the 6th McCoy once (last pick of the 1st) and the Bills D twice (once in the 7th and once in a really late round). I also have Clay twice both times because I had missed the top 3 or 4 tight ends and so left the position until late and Clay was sitting there for me.

Drafting McCoy anywhere before 15 is a mistake. In my 3 leagues he's lasted until 18 at his highest. There's better RBs that are not going to split carries. WR in the first is your best bet considering a lot of good ones have gone down w injury or been suspended. the drop off after Cobb and say Mike Evans is steep. The drop off after your second tier RBs isn't so bad and Shady is now a second teir RB. I'd select Pterson, Charles, lynch, Lacy, Anderson and Bell in the first, after that you have about 10 RBs that are either sharing too many reps(Murray, Lamar Miller etc) or play behind a questionable line(McCoy, Morris) holding off at RB till the second gets you one of those and you can Pickup Spiller(who will be a ppr steal later on), Martin(who looks like a beast this year) and stash Foster.

If it's a local league you won't get McCoy at a discount but if not McCoy is dropping too far. People have no idea how much better the Bills offensive line will be from last year. I plan on grabbing McCoy in the second this week and laughing my way to the bank.

I'm not going to buy into anyone on the offense unless it's well below where they're supposed to go - too many question marks between the qb, the pile of rb's and the new offense. I'm in Pittsburgh so I may get Clay since he will probably get overlooked. Might take a chance on Karlos Williams in my 14 team league assuming he is healthy. I will reach for Buffalo's D and carpenter. I expect him to be doing a lot of kicking again this year.

Shady is a for sure second round back. I have pick 3 I am going with Eddie Lacey and then hoping against hope a top back is there again at pick 21. But if I had an early to mid second rounder that's where I would pick McCoy esp in PPR. Watkins is a upper mid round pick late round 4 to early round 6. Bills D should be one of the top 3 defenses drafted.

Shady will be vultured by Fred enough to limit his value. Honestly, Fred may be a better value pick late over McCoy early.

I disagree. Shady will get plenty of touches to justify an early 2nd round pick...especially in PPR formats. The only "elite" RB's will surely be gone by pick 6 or 7. Shady, and a few others, will go quickly after Gronk, Dez, Brown, Luck and Rodgers. I like Latavius Murray a lot. I think he would be a steal in the 3rd.

I disagree. Shady will get plenty of touches to justify an early 2nd round pick...especially in PPR formats. The only "elite" RB's will surely be gone by pick 6 or 7. Shady, and a few others, will go quickly after Gronk, Dez, Brown, Luck and Rodgers. I like Latavius Murray a lot. I think he would be a steal in the 3rd.

At 12, there may still be a better WR or QB there in terms of value. Depends on the draft ofc. Shady isn't a bad pick by any means, I just don't see him being a top 12 in points guy.

I don't know about steal. Matthew Berry wrote that Adams' ESPN ADP went up like 3 rounds after Nelson went down. He's on everyone's radar.

Yeah. Maybe not. I just think if you can get him in the late 4th/early 5th, it's great value. I think he's going to blow up.