Bills #1 Overhyped Team For 2015? Nick Kostos Thinks So

H2o

I don't think he was a dead man walking last season---he shot himself. Admittedly the GM did him no favors. But if really was the GM, why did Rex try so hard to keep that job? He was THE hottest HC prospect in the offseason. Why would someone want to keep a job if they feel they are being undermined by their boss, when they have many other options? I'm sorry, I just can't believe their fate was all on the GM.

As hard as we are on Marrone and Hackett (with reason) I think they did a better job of coaching than Rex did to get that team to 8-8. Basically the same circumstances, no?

No doubt. I'm not going to go crazy with optimism based on a couple preseason games. But the Bills QBs are a total train wreck as many have proclaimed--and continue to, it seems.

Deano, you need to read up on the Jets situation a bit more last year. He was definately a dead man walking. Wasn't consulted on any of the roster moves & Tannebaum underminded his authority in depleting the secondary(which in Rex's scheme he needs good DB's). He took the Jets to 2 straight AFC Championship games winning several playoff games on the road both year including beating NE in Gillette in the divisional round. Yet some experts point to that 2013 season as his best job coaching. To get that team anywhere near the .500 mark with the roster he had to work with was nothing short of miracle. Rex is a good head coach & I think he will prove that to everybody this year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the $%^# is Nick Kostos?

Nobody....

http://bleacherreport.com/users/1561109-nick-kostos

Nick is an NFL featured columnist for Bleacher Report. He's a native New Yorker and graduated from Fordham University where he was an award-winning broadcaster for WFUV, 90.7 FM. Nick started working at SiriusXM NFL Radio in September, 2005, and served as an executive producer for the channel until March, 2013. From there, he started as an executive producer on Mad Dog Sports Radio, SiriusXM's all-sports channel. Nick has developed relationships with every NFL team and has covered every major event in the sport, and is a member of the Pro Football Writers of America. He resides in Queens, New York, and loves nothing more than a cold beer.

Edited by Lurker

You may or may not agree with his points, but man did he put them together sloppily. The way he presents his ideas without any solid data, doesn't reference any scheme information or matchup and seems to deal with any concept he doesn't like (Rex being a capable coach, Shady being an effective rusher, Graham helping an already mostly intact Seattle team make another SB run) as saying "you must be currently drunk" really undercuts his work.

I share some of these concerns. 15 years of dashed hopes will jade you. A quick scan of perennial playoff teams reads like a who's who of the Leagues best QBs. THEE position that has to win you 3 games on his own merit.

Cautiously optimistic, but 3 QB reasons for wins? Haven't seen it since -well, that little guy in '99..

And thanks to a gr8 defense we made the playoffs inspite of the little guy struggling. Can we get the same encore with rex's defense and our 3-headed QBs

Difficult to argue with his three conclusions about the Bills, Seahawks and Iggles. FWIW I see the Bills sniffing the playoffs (my prediction was them getting the 6th playoff spot and losing in the first round), but without a legit NFL caliber QB they are no threat of winning it all. Notably, without that elusive quality QB it could go really, really wrong too. Here's hoping they catch lightning in a bottle with Tyrod, but that's just wishing right now.