Peyton available?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile Tom Brady is the same age, played just as long, and plays like a 26 year old. Curious.

well, minus manning being a year and a half older, and having 2,000 more attempts and like 2.5 seasons worth of extra games. plus a neck injury.

but yea, manning on an injured leg last year didnt look as good as normal.

Edited by NoSaint

He may need to hang them up. Bad fit for a young team,that needs to draft their QB. not a guy closing in on SS. This year is pivotal if he shows his age he is done. In the league. Not like he needs any money. Historically He sucks in the playoffs too. one ring? he knows the game though.

But, The number one reason he would never come too the Bills ( like they want him) is the crap pizza he sells Papa John's. it

Will never grab any sizeable market share in Buffalo. I think he needs to do one or two more SNL's with Eli and sail away to homerville.

No. I want a team that's sustainable over the longer term. Would the Patriots gladly trade one deep run at the playoffs for the success that they've experienced over the last decade? Of course not. Remember when Kansas City tried this with Joe Montana in the 1990's? It didn't work. Most of the time, the teams that stay great have a good starting roster and a quarterback that gels with the team. A one and done solves nothing except possibly having to rebuild the team all over again.

We all want a team that is sustainable in the long term. If you did get Manning for a year, that's not to say we couldn't draft a young QB. It would be a temporary solution, but as far as im concerned it's a good one. BTW Joe Montana got KC to an AFC title game. Get back to me when one of our three QBS take us there this year.

Maybe it's just me, but I want to see the next franchise guy on this team. I'm sick and tired of the retreads. Would Peyton Manning give the Bills a chance at a deep run in the playoffs? Sure he would. Is there a guarantee that it gets us to the Superbowl? Of course not. Manning has had extremely talented teams in the past with Denver and Indy and wasn't a lock for the Superbowl. Give me the next Jim Kelly instead. If that's Tyrod, then so be it. If it's EJ, so be it. If it's someone else, then I hope the Bills get out there and draft them.

yes Peyton is a retread ... :doh:

Oh come on, now Tommie is on HGH or some other performance enhancing drug?? Please, he has been fortunate while Peyton has taken a few bad hits and it has hurt him.

another reason for players to have peds

Peyton on a 1 year deal for the Bills clearly means you wold have to dismantle some of the DLto pay him.

There would have to be some serious contract reworks to make it work with minimal negative impact

I imagine you trade Dareus for a 1st rd pick, rework Williams contract, and use both our 1st rd picks we would have to move up and draft a QB. Play Peyton for a year and mentor a new QB .. But someone on our defense line would have to be moved IMO. That is if this fantasy was to ever come to fruition, but that is the only scenario I see where this would have even the slightest of chances.

But the fact is I doubt Peyton would ever come to Buffalo..

Peyton on a 1 year deal for the Bills clearly means you wold have to dismantle some of the DLto pay him.

There would have to be some serious contract reworks to make it work with minimal negative impact

I imagine you trade Dareus for a 1st rd pick, rework Williams contract, and use both our 1st rd picks we would have to move up and draft a QB. Play Peyton for a year and mentor a new QB .. But someone on our defense line would have to be moved IMO. That is if this fantasy was to ever come to fruition, but that is the only scenario I see where this would have even the slightest of chances.

But the fact is I doubt Peyton would ever come to Buffalo..

pay him 18m, but put it into a structure like harvin where its a 1 year deal and the hits spread across 2. keep dareus, maybe extend mario, but not drastic changes. with some tweaks, you could make it work.

not that its happening.

Edited by NoSaint

It seems like the talk is the Broncos are going with Osweiler next year (who I wanted in the 2nd rd) who has looked sharp to descent this preseason.

If Peyton is still trying to get another superbowl I would bring him in and squeeze one more yr out of him and draft his replacement who would gain valuable QBing knowledge under Manning.

You don't "bring Peyton Manning" in. You enquire of his people whether he would be interested in entering discussions about playing with your team.

I am not in favor of expending major resources to "squeeze one more year" out of a guy at the end of his career at the cost of gutting our team elsewhere because of not being albe to re-sign guys.

I want the Bills to focus on developing our guy.

pay him 18m, but put it into a structure like harvin where its a 1 year deal and the hits spread across 2. keep dareus, maybe extend mario, but not drastic changes. with some tweaks, you could make it work.

not that its happening.

still do not see how you couds spread the huge hit across 2 years without disrupting some top DL players. I still don't think its possible even in your scenario. There would be pain

still do not see how you couds spread the huge hit across 2 years without disrupting some top DL players. I still don't think its possible even in your scenario. There would be pain

are you accounting for the massive jump in cap next year? there is a lot we can do structurally with deals, coupled with extra money to play with.

Lol at people saying no to Peyton f'n manning. Blindfold him and make him throw using his left hand and he's still better than the pile of dog feces we have at qb.

I'll take that wager. Tyrod vs. lefty blindfolded Manning. Edited by PromoTheRobot