Fear the Walking Dead.

Nervous Guy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Susan......Susan......Susan

I am enjoying how they are all trying to figure out what is going on with the walkers. Seems like only Nick and the owner of the barbershop get it. It also seems that the Army personnel may have figured out that heads shots are all that take these things down, unless they did not have a clear shot of Susan because her husband was in the way and had to go for the head.

Susan......Susan......Susan

I am enjoying how they are all trying to figure out what is going on with the walkers. Seems like only Nick and the owner of the barbershop get it. .

I wouldn't count on the barber understanding it. Maybe...but he was also shooting someone with a load of bird shot, so his up-close head shot may simply represent that.

One thing he does get is survival...he has a "I don't know what's going down, but ****'s going down again" survival attitude borne of El Salvador, apparently.

It also seems that the Army personnel may have figured out that heads shots are all that take these things down, unless they did not have a clear shot of Susan because her husband was in the way and had to go for the head

Likely the latter, I'd say. Given how often people are taking ineffective body shots (e.g. the hospital scene.)

Nice touch, too, implying (if not stating) the hospitals are unsafe and virtually epicenters of the dead. In any real sort of severe pandemic, that's what they end up being.

I hate to admit this, but I've gotten a little bored with this. Maybe I'm just really spoiled by TWD. But I'll keep watching for sure.

Yeah, the action is very limited. I have to admit this last episode did nothing for me except hate the stupid Dad. Wonder if he'll turn into Rick Jr., that would be quite the turn. I'll be patient with this for a few more episodes.

Yeah, the action is very limited. I have to admit this last episode did nothing for me except hate the stupid Dad. Wonder if he'll turn into Rick Jr., that would be quite the turn. I'll be patient with this for a few more episodes.

I hope he grows a pair. I agree. Although there are only 3 episodes left in this season. So hopefully now that the panic has started it'll get more action too.

I hate to admit this, but I've gotten a little bored with this. Maybe I'm just really spoiled by TWD. But I'll keep watching for sure.

TWD took diverse characters, threw them together, and developed the characters and their relationships organically.

FTWD is trying to convince you that these characters have pre-existing relationships and conflicts, which is always a harder sell. When the current wife tells the ex-wife to kill her if she ever turns because the husband couldn't handle it, we have little reason to care because we haven't seen the dynamic between the three evolve; we've merely been told about it.

TWD took diverse characters, threw them together, and developed the characters and their relationships organically.

FTWD is trying to convince you that these characters have pre-existing relationships and conflicts, which is always a harder sell. When the current wife tells the ex-wife to kill her if she ever turns because the husband couldn't handle it, we have little reason to care because we haven't seen the dynamic between the three evolve; we've merely been told about it.

But they can emphasize what she said and show why it is correct. They keep hinting that she is more aggressive while he is passive. I have seen a couple rumors on line about her that would be a major major spoiler. I don't agree but can possibly see it. I won't ruin it by stating it here.

He will figure it out when either the ex or his son get eaten. One or both of them is not long for the world on this show.

FTWD has way too many scenes of people sitting or standing in a house...talking.

The show has next to no action. They took Herschel's Farm and turned it into a cramped kitchen in suburban Los Angeles.

I don't think it's as good as the Walking Dead. While the Walking Dead has years of great material to write a show around, FTWD is writing its universe on the fly - and it shows.

FTWD has way too many scenes of people sitting or standing in a house...talking.

The show has next to no action. They took Herschel's Farm and turned it into a cramped kitchen in suburban Los Angeles.

I don't think it's as good as the Walking Dead. While the Walking Dead has years of great material to write a show around, FTWD is writing its universe on the fly - and it shows.

I don't think it is bad they are just building toward something. And they too have material to build around, just more banks to fill in. The blanks filled in for FTWD, during the time of Rick's coma, also serve to fill in blanks for the main show, even if the setting is LA for now. It will be easy to imagine the similar things that happened near Atlanta and piece together how they all ended up where they were in TWD.

I think the next season of FTWD is where the risk comes in. As they move on with the story line the risk becomes either being a mirror image of TWD or getting quagmired without advancement. Their adaptations to the zombies will certainly be different.

After these early phases you may see where things are going.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they napalm LA like they did Atlanta.

But yes, count me as one of the people who is waiting for something interesting to happen. Was there even a single walker in this week's episode? Fortunately we've only got 2 shows left, so something has to be coming quick.

Man that Dad is really getting on my last nerve....are they taking the "sick" to death camps?

looks like it.

shoot first ask questions later is a bad way to go about saving the world

Probably not death camps, since the doc took the NP with her to help.

the fake NP. The question is will she ever return or be allowed to after seeing the truth of the situation.

The druggie got his justice ....

The milf I mean mom was saying people were shot and didn't look "sick"

and whats with the Latina Ophelia that papi wants her protected / cared for?

Probably not death camps, since the doc took the NP with her to help.

I am thinking they are taking them to temporary medical facilities similar to what we have seen in TWD. Mobile Army hospitals on par with what you see outside the hospital that Rick was treated at.

Yeah I agree this past episode was so boring I even fast forwarded a bit of it

CBF

I was spent once I got back to the hotel after the Bills game and I really struggled to keep my eyes open at times during this episode. I saved it on DVR and will probably scan through it.

looks like it.

shoot first ask questions later is a bad way to go about saving the world

Not when you are dealing with a "reality" military situation....I realize this is a show but the military would be thinking about CONTAINMENT and would not be giving a rats ass about civilians and their feelings or rights......the military would be in it for the species. We still do not know just how bad the situation on the outside just getting bits and pieces.

The military leader makes me very nervous.......but this is exactly how I would expect the world to start acting in a zombie apoc

the fake NP. The question is will she ever return or be allowed to after seeing the truth of the situation.

The druggie got his justice ....

The milf I mean mom was saying people were shot and didn't look "sick"

and whats with the Latina Ophelia that papi wants her protected / cared for?

the chit is going to hit the fan now. The military is bugging out / deserting,

Papi was a torturer for the cartels?

damn the daughter was HOT in those dresses !!!!

I am surprised that this actually is not more of an issue. If I was dad she would put some pants on.

WTF is with the "wheeler / dealer" brother in the cell? He doesn't fit in with misfits or sick people.

FYI...the actress is 22. So it's okay to leer.

Good to know. She did look great playing dress-up. It would be wise for the MILF to invest in a chastity belt for this girl the likes of Fort Knox....

The guy in the cell with Nick is going to be an interesting character. Could we have a future Governor in the making?

What arena was that? This will be the perfect chance we have to get a zombie Kobe Bryant or some other random celebrity. They need to do it just this once.

And yes, the zombie Kobe Bryant jokes probably write themselves.