Who gets traded?

djp14150

Given the Bills depth at some positions I could see some player for player trades for players they need at other positions.

@ candidates I could see being traded are Bryce Brown and Marquis Goodwin where they return a TE and OL

I cold also see some trade in the DL depth for someone who is a LB or Safety

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one. Any smart GM will see the Bills are in a pinch at WR and RB and the Sept. 4th deadline will force the front office to show their hand. Opposing teams can get the guys we can't retain for free off of waivers.

Show their hand to whom? The Colts? We should be shopping anyone we are willing to cut or who won't make the 53, and collecting late round draft picks so that we can trade up in the 2016 first round for Connor Cook, or Jared Goff.

Edited by Rocky Landing

I'm really interested to see what the Eagles do re: Tebow. If they want to keep him and dump Barkley I could see something happening. That's how trades get done this time of year, everyone has their target list of guys they think might be available. Calls get made, teams feel each other out. If there is a match where team A is dumping a priority guy of team B who is also dumping a priority guy of team A then the two teams can swap them. Both teams are assured of getting what they want, no waiver claim BS.

Show their hand to whom? The Colts? We should be shopping anyone we are willing to cut or who won't make the 53, and collecting late round draft picks so that we can trade up in the 2016 first round for Connor Cook, or Jared Goff.

My point is that GMs are aware we can't keep all of our talent. Why would they ship away a 7th round pick for someone who they could possibly pick up on waivers?

My point is that GMs are aware we can't keep all of our talent. Why would they ship away a 7th round pick for someone who they could possibly pick up on waivers?

Because a team like Carolina, who are desperate, and paper thin at WR, may not want to roll the dice on whether they can get them. If we can't make a trade, then we don't (obviously), but if we can make a trade for someone who won't be on the team in September anyway, why wouldn't we?

Because a team like Carolina, who are desperate, and paper thin at WR, may not want to roll the dice on whether they can get them. If we can't make a trade, then we don't (obviously), but if we can make a trade for someone who won't be on the team in September anyway, why wouldn't we?

I think that's exactly right. Get something for what you have, while you have it. However, idt it will happen

This is the situation. The question is who would someone be interested in. If Hogan were healthy you might sell someone on him for a low pick. Nobody's going to give you anything for Deonte Thompson or Andre Davis though.