B/R Report: Rex wants to start Tyrod, other coaches split

johnwalter

3. Manuel - The project.

Interesting that "The project" has thrown more TD passes and led the team to score more points than the 2 non projects combined. And before you say all of Tyrod's were dropped, "the project" has had several dropped as well. Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realize that. Still don't like it. Since Verizon is a Bills sponsor I somehow doubt it will be embraced by the Bills.

Go TYrod!!

I am still pushing for "Taylor Swift" (forgot who 1st had that) and the offense to be the "Taylor Gang." (They are pop culture references).

I did buy a Taylor Gang t-shirt last week in anticipation of Tyrod starting. If he loses the starting job I have a new Taylor Gang T shirt for sale if anyone is interested.

I am still pushing for "Taylor Swift" (forgot who 1st had that) and the offense to be the "Taylor Gang." (They are pop culture references).

I did buy a Taylor Gang t-shirt last week in anticipation of Tyrod starting. If he loses the starting job I have a new Taylor Gang T shirt for sale if anyone is interested.

Taylor Swift might even be worse. Another corporate logo reference.

I'm going with Tyrod.

Go TYrod!

the clunk in my car is from a worn out tyrod

Sorry if I'm not on here every waking moment. Yes, to remind you and your friend my stance on EJ, I think and hope that they keep him as the third string QB. I think he has shown enough to not get cut outright. And just stop with your assessment of Matt Cassel's preseason play. Again, he was 7 for 8 with a blatant drop and a big gainer that called back. He looked fine. Gay missed a chip shot. So essentially he yielded 3 points in two possessions. EJ Manuel has yielded 2 TD's in essentially a full game- 1 of which was made possible by a very suspect PI call. Congratulations. Everyone on planet Earth knows that if EJ had the two drives Cassel had that you'd be raving about it and telling everyone his passer rating for those two drives. I just ask that people try and remain objective.

And as Kirby Jackson pointed out yesterday, all you guys do is make excuses for EJ's failures and excuses for Cassel's (albeit limited) success. So now, KC "coincidentally" made the playoffs because Denver was 4-12 that year. OK gotcha. The guy had 27 TD's and 7 INT's that year. As FireChan said yesterday, I too will eat my hat if EJ Manuel ever puts up those type of numbers in an NFL season. As if EJ Manuel won the staring job this year, had a great season, took the Bills to the playoffs and made the Pro Bowl (as Cassel did for KC in 2010) but New England went, say, 6-10, you would be like, "yeah well, 'coincidentally' New England had a down year this year..."

Did I lie? Twist the truth? No I did not. I have little to judge of Mr Cassel other than two very non impressive drives.

What excuses have I made (when I was serious and not trolling)? Please tell me.

Which failures are those? What exactly has EJ failed at in the last 2 preseason games?

AGAIN. Look at the AFCW around the season KC won the division. The Chiefs were a 1 year wonder. That sir is the truth and I am sorry it bothers you so much.

I'd say PRAISE GOD HALLELUIAH the Cheatriots are falling into an abyss.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It's freaking mind boggeling to me that the only guy throwing for touchdowns, with style and authority, this preseason is the guy so many of you insist is a project and deserves third string. Brilliant logic gentlemen.

And I apologize if I seem a little aggrevated by that.

Dear Mr Metz (cc Kirby Jackson).

Matt Cassel @ KC - 2-14, Finished 4th in the AFCW
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2012.htm
Matt Cassel @ KC - 7-9-0, Finished 4th in the AFCW
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2011.htm
Matt Cassel @ KC - 10-6-0, Finished 1st in the AFCW
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2010.htm
Matt Cassel @ KC - 4-12-0, Finished 4th in the AFCW
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/2009.htm

23 and 41 overall record in KC

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Matt Cassel @ KC - 2-14, Finished 4th in the NFCW

Matt Cassel @ KC - 7-9-0, Finished 4th in the NFCW

Matt Cassel @ KC - 10-6-0, Finished 1st in the NFCW

Matt Cassel @ KC - 4-12-0, Finished 4th in the NFCW

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything? As of today, the signs are pointing to Cassel starting. I don't know who is clamoring for that? I try to view it as objectively (and level-headed) as possible. He is receiving the most 1st team reps, the whole 2 minute drill and apparently Roman favors him. That isn't what I want. I try to post my observations and interpretation of the situation. It is much more effective than blindly pushing through an agenda without support.

Stay in your lane!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's freaking mind boggeling to me that the only guy throwing for touchdowns, with style and authority, this preseason is the guy so many of you insist is a project and deserves third string. Brilliant logic gentlemen.

And I apologize if I seem a little aggrevated by that.

Again, the misplaced anger of an EJ supporter.

We aren't the ones who make the call. EJ will be ranked on the depth chart by the coaches, not people on a message board who just can't give him credit for all his amazing accomplishments.

IF it's so obvious that he is the best, why is he seemingly not in the mix to be the starter?

Edited by TheFunPolice

Matt Cassel @ KC - 2-14, Finished 4th in the NFCW

Matt Cassel @ KC - 7-9-0, Finished 4th in the NFCW

Matt Cassel @ KC - 10-6-0, Finished 1st in the NFCW

Matt Cassel @ KC - 4-12-0, Finished 4th in the NFCW

Kansas City is in the AFC West though, so I don't really know how they won the NFC West that one year :lol:

Again, the misplaced anger of an EJ supporter.

We aren't the ones who make the call. EJ will be ranked on the depth chart by the coaches, not people on a message board who just can't give him credit for all his amazing accomplishments.

IF it's so obvious that he is the best, why is he seemingly not in the mix to be the starter?

My opinion, im not lobbying for the coaches to listen to me. I defer to Rex and Roman and will cheer and support our starting QB.

But, dang, I seen him throw td's, you seen him throw td's, we all seen it. That's what I like in football, seeing my team throw for td's, that's what I wanna see all season long, td's. 7 points, not field goals, not screen passes not scrambling for 12 yrds. TD passes.

Then I read the practice thread from last night and I see he hit a camera man and thre w a couple int's, so what the hell do I know. Our roster is stacked, gotta make the most out of it this year, I trust Rex and Roman to do the best to win.

So bring on Cassel, I still love what I've seen from EJ as a Bill, epic fail or not.

My opinion, im not lobbying for the coaches to listen to me. I defer to Rex and Roman and will cheer and support our starting QB.

But, dang, I seen him throw td's, you seen him throw td's, we all seen it. That's what I like in football, seeing my team throw for td's, that's what I wanna see all season long, td's. 7 points, not field goals, not screen passes not scrambling for 12 yrds. TD passes.

Then I read the practice thread from last night and I see he hit a camera man and thre w a couple int's, so what the hell do I know. Our roster is stacked, gotta make the most out of it this year, I trust Rex and Roman to do the best to win.

So bring on Cassel, I still love what I've seen from EJ as a Bill, epic fail or not.

Do you want TD's or specifically TD Passes? Because the offense has scored 18 points in 9 possessions with EJ at the helm and it has scored 17 points in 6 possessions with Tyrod at the helm.

I saw EJ hold the ball forever and get strip sacked at the end of the Cleveland game too. He got lucky that a Bill was there to jump on it.

He then threw an incomplete pass on 4th down but there were offsetting penalties.

Then he threw a TD pass. Against 3rd stringers/scrubs.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just explaining why I don't buy into the EJ hype (such as it is).

there you go again assuming and stretching the truth. I know you don't like it when people twist your words and exaggerate your dislike for EJ.

The only thing us fanboys would claim is that he only had 2 drives and looked average at best.

So please, if you want the debates to end - keep it rational.

OK, Cassel looked average at best in his two drives where every pass was right on the money (though many short), he looked poised in the pocket, got a bunch of first downs and moved the ball. Agreed. Let me ask you two questions:

1. No explanations, just give me one adjective right now to describe EJ's play in his nine possessions so far.

2. Do you mean to tell me that if those were EJ's only two possessions and he was 7-8 with a drop and a big gainer to Watkins that got called back and the backup kicker shanked a chip shot, that you would be telling everyone, "ehh I don't know guys, EJ looked average at best?"

I wish you could understand that you are coming off as way more anti-Tyrod/Cassel than anyone has ever come off as anti-EJ.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Do you want TD's or specifically TD Passes? Because the offense has scored 18 points in 9 possessions with EJ at the helm and it has scored 17 points in 6 possessions with Tyrod at the helm.

I think EJ has better potential for the long ball threat than Tyrod, so in my eyes I'll take a multi dimensional offense over what I think may be a one dimensional attack from Tyrod. I prefer a pocket passer. And keep you're stats cuz those are easily disputed by the quality of players around each one of them during those drives, so lets not play the stat manipulation game.

I saw EJ hold the ball forever and get strip sacked at the end of the Cleveland game too. He got lucky that a Bill was there to jump on it.

He then threw an incomplete pass on 4th down but there were offsetting penalties.

Then he threw a TD pass. Against 3rd stringers/scrubs.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just explaining why I don't buy into the EJ hype (such as it is).

Be as mean as you want, were all big boys here, I assume. Don't try and spare my feelings cuz I won't spare yours ;)

And call me when Tyrod puts the ball on the money for a 20-30 yrd touchdown pass. Regardless, defending EJ's play is a fools mission at this point, I realize that.

Edited by mastershake

I think EJ has better potential for the long ball threat than Tyrod, so in my eyes I'll take a multi dimensional offense over what I think may be a one dimensional attack from Tyrod. I prefer a pocket passer.

Be as mean as you want, were all big boys here, I assume. Don't try and spare my feelings cuz I won't spare yours ;)

And call me when Tyrod puts the ball on the money for a 20-30 yrd touchdown pass. Regardless, defending EJ's play is a fools mission at this point, I realize that.

He's being mean? As if Cassel threw a TD after being strip sacked and benefiting from a suspect PI call that the EJ guys wouldn't be using that as an excuse: "well OK, he threw a TD but..." I haven't heard anyone say that about EJ- I certainly haven't. Most people on here are just spinning everything to fit their own agenda. The fact of the matter is that the Bills- barring any more of these stupid ACL's that keep popping up everywhere- are going to be really good this year. All three QB's have looked better than I thought they would. Certainly better than the Manuel/Lewis/Tuel dumpster fire from the last two preseasons. We should all be happy knowing that it looks like the Bills just might receive competent QB play this year. All three guys have looked adequate. That's a good thing guys. But every single person with knowledge of the situation and every single person who has attended camp has EJ third. That's the reality. Sorry if that comes off as "mean."

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think EJ has better potential for the long ball threat than Tyrod, so in my eyes I'll take a multi dimensional offense over what I think may be a one dimensional attack from Tyrod. I prefer a pocket passer. And keep you're stats cuz those are easily disputed by the quality of players around each one of them during those drives, so lets not play the stat manipulation game.

I purposely omit who they played with and against because it is relatively moot. If you're playing with 3rd stringers against 3rd stringers, or 2nd stringers against 2nd stringers it's a wash in my eyes. But please, try to dispute how many possessions each has had this pre-season, and how many points were scored on those possessions. I'd love to see it.

He's being mean? As if Cassel threw a TD after being strip sacked and benefiting from a suspect PI call that the EJ guys wouldn't be using that as an excuse: "well OK, he threw a TD but..." I haven't heard anyone say that about EJ- I certainly haven't. Most people on here are just spinning everything to fit their own agenda. The fact of the matter is that the Bills- barring any more of these stupid ACL's that keep popping up everywhere- are going to be really good this year. All three QB's have looked better than I thought they would. Certainly better than the Manuel/Lewis/Tuel dumpster fire from the last two preseasons. We should all be happy knowing that it looks like the Bills just might receive competent QB play this year. All three guys have looked adequate. That's a good thing guys.

"Suspect PI call"? Talk about "spinning to fit an agenda."