Dareus unhappy with Bills in contract talks (update:He's ok)

YoloinOhio

That's about it in todays NFL ! I'll play for the highest bidder it's getting ridiculous !!

Then when they say "I have to do what's best for my family" WHO'S FAMILY COULDN"T LIVE ON $90 MILLION ??

DAM !!

I know, freedom, it sucks doesn't it?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blasphemer!

Someone mentioned the amount of money on the line...it is not sustainable. I believe this will be last year fro both Wood and KW. But you still have a ton of other contracts to get done....this is not gunna be easy.

Anbody know Tyrods contract?

Vic Carucci@viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

The #Bills have offered Marcell Dareus more than $90 million in a deal that would add 6 yrs to 1 yr he has, according to #NFL source.

so we are offering the next 7 years at 98m?

Thats probably a bit low, but i hope hes not genuinely feeling "unwanted" because they are offering 14m per season.

i certainly think this will effect him. he has shown that hes not always the most mature with how he views situations. hopefully it motivates him instead of alienating him though.

It's like selling your house....you list at 100k right in line with all the other houses sold in your neighborhood. Someone offers you 90k,,,you're not taking that deal. This just happens to be with a few more zeros.

Someone mentioned the amount of money on the line...it is not sustainable. I believe this will be last year fro both Wood and KW. But you still have a ton of other contracts to get done....this is not gunna be easy.

Anbody know Tyrods contract?

Tyrod got 2 yrs 7M total. Cassel and Manuel's contract are not huge, so they're probably spending all of 10M in 2015 on QB's, or about 7% of the 143M cap this year.

Then you look at how much they spend on QB versus the total cap and then the DL versus the cap, it's amazing.

The Bills have chosen to invest in their DL, draft DL, sign UFA DL. They need that strategy to pay off and make up for what may be average QB play.

$90 million dollars would piss me off too. How dare they?

Yeah, he should be proud to play for less than he is worth on the free market because that is the way everyone else does it. That's why Wegmans lets me pay 20% below market value on Oreos and the good folks at Honda knocked a couple grand off the price of my brand new Honda Fit, you know, just to be nice. Wealthy businesses are like that, its not about money, they just want to help. But people are always getting all greedy on them. It's a shame.

It's like selling your house....you list at 100k right in line with all the other houses sold in your neighborhood. Someone offers you 90k,,,you're not taking that deal. This just happens to be with a few more zeros.

Exactly. But here we go, getting all steamed up about that immature, greedy football player just because he is doing what anyone else would do in managing their own business affairs.

ROTLMAO

What the hell does that have to do with freedom. Since when does freedom get associated with monetary gain?

I'll never understand people like yourself who in some very twisted way think that money = freedom

no... Referring to $$ spent on defense while utilizing cheap QB

TT has 3 year deal, voids after 2 if starting..$1.2 guaranteed.

So if he grabs the starters role and plays well for 16 games this year, we will need to deal with him as well. This, along with all the other guys up in the next two years, make this deal with Dareus not as simple as some paint it.

ROTLMAO

What the hell does that have to do with freedom. Since when does freedom get associated with monetary gain?

I'll never understand people like yourself who in some very twisted way think that money = freedom

Hes saying freedom as in free agency lets him maximize his earnings is all...cmon think!

Before free agency, only leverage guys had was holdouts

Edited by plenzmd1

V

the Bills do have this leverage. But the Lions didn't use it with Suh because of how it would kill their cap. Would we be in the same boat?

Suh's cap number was due to become over $25 million because of the parameters of his rookie deal, which was part of the old CBA. I can't remember the specifics, but there were plenty of articles about it around pre-free agency time.

The Bills have some leverage with the franchise tag, and Dareus is the kind of player the tag was made for. I think they'll get him done with a deal paying him as the 2nd/3rd highest paid DT, behind Suh and Watt(I know he's a DE, but he is close comparable).

If the Bills balk at making him one of the highest paid DTs in football, I would expect a similar situation to what we went through with Byrd. And once a player gets it in their head that they are leaving, it's a lot harder to keep them.

Exactly. But here we go, getting all steamed up about that immature, greedy football player just because he is doing what anyone else would do in managing their own business affairs.

i think the criticism has to do with blasting the team publically in the media. I don't think that's what "anyone else would do managing their own affairs." He has been offered a contract in between McCoy and Suh, which is what he is worth IMO. Should they go higher? Sure, and they probably will. But acting greatly insulted that they didn't just throw Suh's contract at him and call it a day, which is an absurd contract to begin with, is a tactic that is a bad look when voiced so publically and the " dime a dozen" was hilariously over the top.

Suh's cap number was due to become over $25 million because of the parameters of his rookie deal, which was part of the old CBA. I can't remember the specifics, but there were plenty of articles about it around pre-free agency time.

The Bills have some leverage with the franchise tag, and Dareus is the kind of player the tag was made for. I think they'll get him done with a deal paying him as the 2nd/3rd highest paid DT, behind Suh and Watt(I know he's a DE, but he is close comparable).

If the Bills balk at making him one of the highest paid DTs in football, I would expect a similar situation to what we went through with Byrd. And once a player gets it in their head that they are leaving, it's a lot harder to keep them.

they don't appear to be balking at making him one of the highest paid DTs. They offered him in between McCoy (7 years 95 mil) and Suh.

TT has 3 year deal, voids after 2 if starting..$1.2 guaranteed.

So if he grabs the starters role and plays well for 16 games this year, we will need to deal with him as well. This, along with all the other guys up in the next two years, make this deal with Dareus not as simple as some paint it.

i think there are a lot more opportunities to free money than most fans realize, simply because we havent had to do it much the last 15 years.

ROTLMAO

He's reminding the other posting that Dareus has the freedom to play for the highest bidder....which makes complete sense.

They just did something similar with KW. And remember Whaley said publically he wants both of them to retire with the Bills.

I remember Whaley saying that.

It's a nice sentiment, but of all the DL guys, Dareus is:

a) the youngest

b) the most important

c) the most talented

He is the player they should be keeping above all the other DL.