Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Tonight’s Game

The gold 50 yard line celebrates Superbowl L coming up this year. Will be on every field in the league all year, apparently.

Dareus is quickly becoming one of the most dominant defensive players in the league; he will be retained long term. Following the ins and outs of the negotiations is silly.

I agree the coaching staff has moved on beyond EJ, though he is likely to be retained as QB 3.

I think Darby will be fine as well; his positioning is solid and he has a head for the position. The rest is a learning curve that he will master given time.

Thanks for the insight on the reason for the gold 50 yard line. Still not a fan, but glad to know why the change was made.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get what the hype is surrounding Taylor, outside of his Johnny Manziel scrambling ability, I have not been impressed. Has he even thrown a TD in preseason games? Compare his, and EJs numbers during the two games, and consider EJ has been playing with scrubs.

Do yourself a favor and stop looking at stats and start looking at the play. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Taylor is a one-trick pony. EJ is a real NFL QB that can both pass from the pocket and run. Even if someone isn't sold on EJ, they should realize Taylor is not the answer.

We interpret what we are seeing out there COMPLETELY differently.

Taylor looks like someone Roman can use effectively. EJ's only redeeming quality is his heart, but he flat out can't play.

he's a read-option college QB .... thats all he is

A read-option college QB that throws the ball MUCH better than EJ.

We interpret what we are seeing out there COMPLETELY differently.

Taylor looks like someone Roman can use effectively. EJ's only redeeming quality is his heart, but he flat out can't play.

A read-option college QB that throws the ball MUCH better than EJ.

Which of Manuel's passes on that TD drive today did you watch?

Which of Manuel's passes on that TD drive today did you watch?

it's unbelievable the comments about TT throwing better than EJ. EJ threw back to back end zone strikes, the one right before the TD that drew the PI was even better. Have not seen TT make a throw anything like that

Edited by JTSP

I'm a little concerned that this D is beginning to look a lot like Rex's previous Ds. Incredibly talented, gets after the quarterback and not very disciplined. Could be a recipe for disaster in critical moments.

C

I think the defensive coaches need to show the tape first string included and ask HOW THE HELL CAN YOU MISS SO MANY TACKLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the first string looked bad to you, I don't even want to get started on the second string...

Taylor is a one-trick pony. EJ is a real NFL QB that can both pass from the pocket and run. Even if someone isn't sold on EJ, they should realize Taylor is not the answer.

The guy who had a 70% accuracy throwing to guys who are scraping to make the team against Cleveland's first string defense is a one trick pony?

That isn't to say that Tyrod doesn't have his flaws. We saw them: A little too willing to run, not perfect ball placement, and for the love of crap he has to stop leading with his body when he has the first down. But with a depleted roster and a grand total of zero of his explosive skill players, he still moved them up and down the field.

Who would have thought that all 5 of the top running backs and the 3 best receivers would all be on the shelf by the second preseason game? Hey NFL, it’s time to seriously consider pruning the exhibition season down to two games, don’t you think?

Hey we would get the top pick in the draft B-)

If the first string looked bad to you, I don't even want to get started on the second string...

The guy who had a 70% accuracy throwing to guys who are scraping to make the team against Cleveland's first string defense is a one trick pony?

That isn't to say that Tyrod doesn't have his flaws. We saw them: A little too willing to run, not perfect ball placement, and for the love of crap he has to stop leading with his body when he has the first down. But with a depleted roster and a grand total of zero of his explosive skill players, he still moved them up and down the field.

He only connects on short passes and dump offs. There was a huge difference between 1st team oline for TT and the swiss cheese 3rd teamers EJ played behind, many of whom wont even be in the NFL in a few weeks. And browns were missing most of their starters in secondary. So advantage TT here.....please no more excuses how EJ had it easier.

I think the differences in the situations the two QBs were given speak volumes. I don't want to take anything away from TTs night but...

EJ had no OL

Was often put in 2nd and long due to terrible running plays

Was both aided and hurt by penalties

Scored the only TD of the night. It concerns me TT wasn't able to convert in the RZ

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

4) Bye-Bye, EJ.

Yeah, Manuel looked good on the winning possession while driving the team to a TD and 2-point conversion. But was it too little too late? Prior to that drive EJ had a horrible night that looked like a guy begging for a ticket out of town.

Sure EJ was in with 2nd and 3rd stringers and, at times, was being blitz-protected by a running back that was signed only yesterday. Still, he continually exhibited a trait that he has shown throughout his career - he doesn’t properly set his feet before throwing the ball. At this point, it is evident that he is incapable of correcting that fatal flaw.

I don’t know where Manuel will be on opening weekend, but I’m pretty sure it won’t be in the house that Ralph built.

Chevy, you're trying hard—almost as hard as EJ is—but with plays (statements) like this. you are losing all credibility. Obviously this is based on what you want to happen, not what you saw last evening. Anyhow, nice pre-season efforts, but you're odds of making Game Summary starting line-up when the real bullets fly took a big hit tonight. . . . Bill , warm up the keyboard, you're still the starter here on TBD.

Edited by CSBill

he's a read-option college QB .... thats all he is

it's unbelievable the comments about TT throwing better than EJ. EJ threw back to back end zone strikes, the one right before the TD that drew the PI was even better. Have not seen TT make a throw anything like that

He only connects on short passes and dump offs. There was a huge difference between 1st team oline for TT and the swiss cheese 3rd teamers EJ played behind, many of whom wont even be in the NFL in a few weeks. And browns were missing most of their starters in secondary. So advantage TT here.....please no more excuses how EJ had it easier.

Yea that 22 yard pass, through the air, to Deonte Thompson where TT stepped up in the pocket and put it on the money. Or the two deep passes that Thompson should have caught. Passed 10 times, completed 7. Ran 4 times with 1 of them being a read option play. Was 4 for 6 on 3rd downs.

Your takes are hilarious :lol:

Yea that 22 yard pass, through the air, to Deonte Thompson where TT stepped up in the pocket and put it on the money. Or the two deep passes that Thompson should have caught. Passed 10 times, completed 7. Ran 4 times with 1 of them being a read option play. Was 4 for 6 on 3rd downs.

Your takes are hilarious :lol:

Thompson should have caught? Seriously? that was so flat and undertrown just be thankful it wasnt picked

Edited by JTSP

Thompson should have caught? Seriously? that was so undertrown just be thankful it wasnt picked

It was a tad underthrown, not SO underthrown. Underthrown or not it was a catchable ball. Watkins, Harvin or Woods catches that ball. If we are going to talk about bad placement lets be objective and talk about EJs bad throws. EJ had a couple bad placed throws but that seems to be just fine with you.

It was a tad underthrown, not SO underthrown. Underthrown or not it was a catchable ball. Watkins, Harvin or Woods catches that ball. If we are going to talk about bad placement lets be objective and talk about EJs bad throws. EJ had a couple bad placed throws but that seems to be just fine with you.

there's a reason EJ is hitting on deep routes and TD passessTT is missing.

The way I see it there's nothing Cassel and EJ can do that Taylor can't. Then there are things Taylor can do with his legs that the other two can't. It's a no-brainer, imo, that he starts

Edited by CNY315