Rapid Reaction - 10 Observations About Tonight’s Game

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought EJ did very well under very difficult circumstances. In my humble opinion, those that are saying he was "horrible" already had their opinion made up before the game and looked at EJ's performance through that perspective.

Most often, EJ had NO time in the pocket. The line was horrible. He took the very back end of our roster all the way down the field for a TD and the two point conversion. He was a real leader on that drive and willed the Bills to score.

Having said the above, I still do not know who should start. I think each of the three has his own merits, and, after two preseason games, I feel much better about our QB situation compared to the tweets that certain Buffalo media would tweet during practice.

I just don't agree with posters and certain media guys who are trashing EJ. He is a classy kid, works hard, has skills, and is not the finished product yet.

There is no reason to trash EJ or cast him aside. Even if he does not start this year, I think the Bills should continue to develop him (as was the original plan).

Just my two cents.

Edited by Peter

I thought EJ did very well under very difficult circumstances. In my humble opinion, those that are saying he was "horrible" already had their opinion made up before the game and looked at EJ's performance through that perspective.

Most often, EJ had NO time in the pocket. The line was horrible. He took the very back end of our roster all the way down the field for a TD and the two point conversion. He was a real leader on that drive and willed the Bills to score.

Having said the above, I still do not know who should start. I think each of the three has his own merits, and, after two preseason games, I feel much better about our QB situation compared to the tweets that certain Buffalo media would tweet during practice.

I just don't agree with posters and certain media guys who are trashing EJ. He is a classy kid, works hard, has skills, and is not the finished product yet.

There is no reason to trash EJ or cast him aside. Even if he does not start this year, I think the Bills should continue to develop him (as was the original plan).

Just my two cents.

I`m with ya.

Just my two cents.

Any body consider Rex threw EJM to the Wolves? And maybe EJ knew that?

Lets hope both of them improve and we dont need to settle for Matt Cassel

BTW i went on a bit of a rant in the Warrow thread. It was about the media guys and how they have influenced the Fan base sooo much. based upon Practice

second PRESEASON game and i can feel the trending up for both EJM and TT. thats alright by me!

We have two QBs with upside and the floor might already be enough to get us to the post season under Romans guidance . And if it gets ugly we still have the other guy.

Edited by 3rdand12

Just my two cents.

Very fair & balanced assessment. It looks like none of the QBs are as bad as the camp media tweets would have us believe. I am not an EJ guy but I have to admit that it looks to me like he is making strides to being a much better QB than he was last year. Last year it seemed like he had a lot of 3 & outs. Tyrod seems to move the chains. Not an easy decision who ought to be starting. I personally like TT, EJ, & MC in that order, but I feel that MC will be the coaches choice. Just a feeling.

BTW i went on a bit of a rant in the Warrow thread. It was about the media guys and how they have influenced the Fan base sooo much. based upon Practice

We got to see this first hand with the Joe. B. tweet in the first pre-season game how he thought that EJ TD pass could have/should have been intercepted. In practice there is no way to dispute this. Yet we all got to watch the play and were able to say, "WTF is he talking about?"

If he questions that play, how accurate are any of his assessments?

We got to see this first hand with the Joe. B. tweet in the first pre-season game how he thought that EJ TD pass could have/should have been intercepted. In practice there is no way to dispute this. Yet we all got to watch the play and were able to say, "WTF is he talking about?"

If he questions that play, how accurate are any of his assessments?

But some folks have made hard and decisions based upon such. I suppose thats human nature though :doh:

good example MDH !