EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP. I understand practice and training camp time, but you got to put him on the field and give him a chance. The blocking, receivers, everything is just different when you are out there against 3rd stringers.

If Tyrod is the man, so be it. But it just doesn't feel like EJ is getting a fair shake at this point. He was our first round pick and only played a little over one season.

Besides, if it is Tyrod, then I think EJ should be the back-up as 5 mil is too much to pay a back-up.

I agree with the OP. I understand practice and training camp time, but you got to put him on the field and give him a chance. The blocking, receivers, everything is just different when you are out there against 3rd stringers.

If Tyrod is the man, so be it. But it just doesn't feel like EJ is getting a fair shake at this point. He was our first round pick and only played a little over one season.

Besides, if it is Tyrod, then I think EJ should be the back-up as 5 mil is too much to pay a back-up.

You know they only had two Preseason games...

They may follow the natural rotation they started with and give him first reps next week before deciding

I honestly have no idea what they are going to do. I predict maybe TT gets half the first team reps and Casell the oth half and they start TT in the Steeler game. I think EJ made the team if he hadn't already but he's probably still #3. They know what they have with Cassell. Maybe they give EJ a couple drives with the ones next week but I don't predict it.

He is done. He routinely throws behind receivers. Talented physical skills but not enough feel for timing. We've seen this movie and the staff has enough film on him .

TT for the started job and Cassell for the veteran backup for when TT gets pummeled by running around so much.

IMHO? Nothing I've seen or heard tells me they want EJ anywhere near a football opening day.

Rex said we are keeping three a couple different times. He also said when he had time tonight "he was outstanding." He started EJ in the scrimmage and EJ was the best of the three in the scrimmage. He played well in the game last week. It's the media guys that have buried EJ.

That said, I think EJ is #3 still based on the fact he still misses too many. But he's clearly got better.

Rex also said tonight right now I think we have three quarterbacks who can play and they haven't decided who will start next week.

IMHO? Nothing I've seen or heard tells me they want EJ anywhere near a football opening day.

I would wager a fair amount of money they know exactly who is 99% likely to start Game 1. They may still want to see a few things so as to cement their decision, and the backup job may still be up for grabs...but they know who their #1 is.

They aren't going to say a thing about that in public, of course.

Not yet anyway.