Shady helped off field with leg injury

Hopefully the MRI comes out clean today. I'm just wondering why all these injuries are happening. Are the guys hydrated properly? Are they stretching sufficiently? Whatever the case may be we need to take better preventative measures.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the MRI comes out clean today. I'm just wondering why all these injuries are happening. Are the guys hydrated properly? Are they stretching sufficiently? Whatever the case may be we need to take better preventative measures.

This is a disturbing trend. I think it would have to be a combination of both. We had this issue a few years ago, guys going out with similar injuries. We fired the strength dude at the end of the year.

its still going to be a "concern" since indications are they will all be back and the injuries are relatively short term . I don't think any are looking at IR at this point.

maybe but Fred has been hurt the last few years so can't count on him to stay healthy. Hamstring injuries not a good thing for RBs. I'm expecting not so great news on McCoy.

This was my fear all along ever since we acquired Shady. Paying top dollar to an overused running back is never a good idea. Being a Bills fan makes me pessimistic. I fear this injury will linger. No matter how tempting it may be we shouldn't rush McCoy back. Bring in Rice or Bradshaw.

The year we're positioned to return to the playoffs and we're losing a player a day! This is getting rediculus

" return to the playoffs" LOL High expectations much?

I think it will be pure luck if they get a wild card spot...

maybe but Fred has been hurt the last few years so can't count on him to stay healthy. Hamstring injuries not a good thing for RBs. I'm expecting not so great news on McCoy.

how does it make cuts any easier? McCoy is the only time frame we don't know yet and he's on the team no matter what. The rest are due back in a week or two. IMO it makes it even harder to cut any of them considering the hammies and depth we may need going forward? We still have 5 RBs healthy enough to not hit IR. Edited by YoloinOhio

Injuries happen in contact sports. I seriously doubt there's much additional that can be done. Most of the time it's more bad luck than anything. Go back and look at the first preseason game and find the play where Miller pulls to lead the sweep. He holds up the linebacker and then one of the DBs basically rolls up the back of his leg. Miller went down very awkwardly. Looked very serious, yet he didn't even miss a snap.

Injuries are what they are.

What do torn ACLs have to do with hydration? McCoy pulled a hammy, you can do it bending over and tying your shoes...or not stretching properly- before and after you work out or run.

This was my fear all along ever since we acquired Shady. Paying top dollar to an overused running back is never a good idea. Being a Bills fan makes me pessimistic. I fear this injury will linger. No matter how tempting it may be we shouldn't rush McCoy back. Bring in Rice or Bradshaw.

No, being a pessimist makes you pessimistic.

Why shouldn't expectations be high? This is as talented a team as there is in the league, save for maybe Seattle.

Isn't that the goal every year? It's not like he said we're guranteed he said we're positioned to return. We have a good team and good teams should be in the position to make the playoffs

Time to kick the tires on Ray Rice? The Bills gotta have a solid option at RB to make that ground and pound offense work!

i don't understand why we would bring in yet another RB. Especially this guy. Just to use him in TC? Is the media circus worth it for a camp body?

Huh? The second preseason game hasn't even taken place yet

in my idea of how things should be, we'd have had 2 games by now ...1 after the each of the first 2 weeks of camp. then week 3 you're getting ready for a real game.

they can take all that other time and use it at other points of the year to install their offense and whatever....use it for things other than live practice.

they don't need 6 weeks to get ready for a 16 game season. it's overkill and the players pay the price.