Classic Rock Songs that Deserve More Air Play

truth on hold

This thread came at the right time. I had my 40th HS reunion this past weekend and people are still talking about HS stuff on Facebook. Listening to some of these songs brought back a lot of memories this afternoon. Hope to run into a few old classmates at Larkinville in an hour or two.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love classic rock, and feel very unfortunate to not have grown up while Rock music was at the top of its game. I almost solely listen to classic rock radio while I'm driving, and so many classic rock songs are so great that I never tire of them. However, I find it amazing how large of a catalog these radio stations have to choose from, yet they stick to the same songs over and over. So many great classic rockers have deep catalogs that should be further explored by classic rock radio. They also completly neglect new releases from classic rock bands. I'll admit that many bands have seen better days, but many others still release new music that people should have the opportunity to hear. Because I feel this way, there are more songs that I think should be played than I could list. However, I will give it a shot. I'd have to say all the Cheap Trick hits beside I Want You To Want Me, Kiss Detroit Rock City, and Thin Lizzy Jailbreak.

I love classic rock, and feel very unfortunate to not have grown up while Rock music was at the top of its game. I almost solely listen to classic rock radio while I'm driving, and so many classic rock songs are so great that I never tire of them. However, I find it amazing how large of a catalog these radio stations have to choose from, yet they stick to the same songs over and over. So many great classic rockers have deep catalogs that should be further explored by classic rock radio. They also completly neglect new releases from classic rock bands. I'll admit that many bands have seen better days, but many others still release new music that people should have the opportunity to hear. Because I feel this way, there are more songs that I think should be played than I could list. However, I will give it a shot. I'd have to say all the Cheap Trick hits beside I Want You To Want Me, Kiss Detroit Rock City, and Thin Lizzy Jailbreak.

i agree, and I dont know if the current lack of good new tunes is due to a lack of good new music, or stations choosing not to promote it in favor of techno-pop crap. The only band I liked of 5 years or so that I liked was Kings of Leon. They got just enough play for me to at least want to explore more from them

Early Genesis like the tune below was some great stuff. Only their later lightweight pop stuff seems to get occasional airplay

Edited by JTSP

although not quite as ignored as some other songs, a lot of the early, heavier stuff like this from VH gets buried in favor of their later synth-pop forays like "Jump", or even worse most anything with Hagar

I was about to post this, any previous hagar VH gets that **** turnt up