8-16: Bills' Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

We are going to be good. Too many playmakers to defend, a top RB, a decent enough OL and an OC who knows what he's doing. I'm on the TMobile express.

Yepper. Can't wait 'til we drop 40 on the Colts in W1 and the rest of the league is like, "WTF?"

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

Look it in. #BillsCamp

CMioD6bUkAAxOx1.jpg

@TyDunne

There have been stretches this summer when nobody can cover Sammy Watkins. Hauls in deep ball in double coverage from Cassel.

Joe Haden shut him down in the Browns game last year. I think Haden is as good as it gets at CB - he's getting close to Revis and Sherman IMO and I'd take him any day over Peterson. This week will be a huge test for Samuel. Edited by YoloinOhio

Joe Haden shut him down in the Browns game last year. I think Haden is as good as it gets at CB - he's getting close to Revis and Sherman IMO and I'd take him any day over Peterson. This week will be a huge test for Samuel.

The nice thing is, if Sammy gets shut down, then there are so many more options...Harvin, Woods, Clay, Shady out of the backfield...even Goodwin sprinkled in for a few deep routes...

We are going to be good. Too many playmakers to defend, a top RB, a decent enough OL and an OC who knows what he's doing. I'm on the TMobile express.

I agree. Just imagine if TT is the hidden gem a lot of people think he is. Could be very similar to what happened with Seattle.

Joe Haden shut him down in the Browns game last year. I think Haden is as good as it gets at CB - he's getting close to Revis and Sherman IMO and I'd take him any day over Peterson. This week will be a huge test for Samuel.

Did anyone really 'shut' Sammy down or was it really more QB issues even giving him a chance to make plays? I remember against Revis he was burning him left and right but was either a decoy or just wasn't getting the ball.

‏@JoeBuscaglia

Into 7 on 7s now and EJ Manuel is still working with the third team. Taylor and Cassel with the 1s. #Bills

@TyDunne

Ryan said EJ Manuel started the scrimmage. Will be tough for him to get first-team reps here on out. Taylor... https://vine.co/v/epJbjJ3mvpj

Where are the 2s? Last week they described it as Cassel and EJ working with the 1s (with Cassel getting about 3/4 of the reps) and Taylor with the 2s. If they are just running the same rotation based on seniority, it would seem Taylor and Cassel would work with the 1s, with Taylor getting most of the reps and EJ with the twos....but apparently there are no 2s today.

I agree. Just imagine if TT is the hidden gem a lot of people think he is. Could be very similar to what happened with Seattle.

Did anyone really 'shut' Sammy down or was it really more QB issues even giving him a chance to make plays? I remember against Revis he was burning him left and right but was either a decoy or just wasn't getting the ball.

im not sure - I remember seeing an all22 where that was the consensus but obviously there were a lot of factors involved beyond just Watkins 1:1 with Haden. The other guy I remember shutting him down, per se, was a cb from KC (Ron Parker?)

Bottom line on Tyrod. If not he'll be game planned for and shutdown just like all of the other runaround QBs.

@ChrisTrapasso

Tyrod is super mobile / improvisational which = exciting. But he needs to prove he can thrive from pocket. Can't scramble over & over in NFL

Passing accurately from pocket is what Tyrod has to show this week vs Browns in scrimmage setting then obviously in preseason game No. 2.

@buffalobills

Today: Blue vs. White Tomorrow: @Browns vs. Bills

CMivTJaUkAAKHO8.jpg

@mikerodak

Bryce Brown has a minor hamstring injury.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm really starting to get excited about TT. I've been very skeptical just based on him being unproven as a passer and too quick to run. But I was very impressed Friday and hearing how he's following it up is even more exciting. I'm not sold yet, need to see more. And remember, these early preseason games involve very little game planning, so it will be much easier for him to run now then it will be come week 1. So he's gotta be a threat as a passer or he will have a hard time being successful. But I am loving what I have seen so far.

I hope EJ gets to start one preseason game too, because I would rather keep them over Cassel so if whoever the backup is we don't have to change the offense too much like we would woth Cassel on the roster.

I'm really starting to get excited about TT. I've been very skeptical just based on him being unproven as a passer and too quick to run. But I was very impressed Friday and hearing how he's following it up is even more exciting. I'm not sold yet, need to see more. And remember, these early preseason games involve very little game planning, so it will be much easier for him to run now then it will be come week 1. So he's gotta be a threat as a passer or he will have a hard time being successful. But I am loving what I have seen so far.

I hope EJ gets to start one preseason game too, because I would rather keep them over Cassel so if whoever the backup is we don't have to change the offense too much like we would woth Cassel on the roster.

@mikerodak

Rex says EJ Manuel will "get the majority of the game" on Thursday running with third team.

The even more potentially exciting thing about TT is how much he could improve from getting real game action. What he is now probably isn't what he'll be further into the season. He seems highly motivated to improve and that could bode extremely well for this team.

@TyDunne

Rex Ryan won't say if EJ Manuel will get first-team reps here on out. Says he'll work in with two's but won't back himself into a corner.

Ryan did say EJ Manuel will get majority of the next game working with three's, so that's why he was with that group.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan: It was my decision to put EJ with the 3s. He may get some reps with the 2s this week too

@mikerodak

Rex says EJ Manuel will "get the majority of the game" on Thursday running with third team.

It sure seems like they are showcasing EJ. It's starting to feel more and more like it will be TT, Cassel as the vet back up and maybe Simms on the PS with EJ being either cut or traded.

Yepper. Can't wait 'til we drop 40 on the Colts in W1 and the rest of the league is like, "WTF?"

People are sleeping hard on the Bills this year. The only ones who have an inkling of what this team could actually do are the ones who have invested a little time looking at all the pieces have been falling into place. So that's basically none of the national media.

Taylor can move the ball on 1st and 2nd, but if he cannot move the ball when it matters on 3rd down then i am not going to be a fan of his.

I think the exact opposite. He is the most likely of the 3 to move the chains because he can make the play with his feet if need be. That is a great weapon on 3rd down.

Passing accurately from pocket is what Tyrod has to show this week vs Browns in scrimmage setting then obviously in preseason game No. 2.

The thing is 26 so far he has done that as well as the other 2 in camp. In order for them to separate from him there has to be a big gap between them throwing the ball. At the moment there isn't.