Madden: 75, 73, 72...Ugh

That is the rating for Cassel, Manuel and Taylor, respectively.

Those familiar with Madden know that is a pretty bad overall score for each, and worse when you consider that your QBs, in total, average below 75.

What is encouraging?

Reasonably happy with a speculated starting line of Glenn (86) Incognito (79), Wood (80), Miller (76) and Henderson (76), with an average of 79.4. OK, not stellar but they should hold their own.

What is there to get thrilled over besides defense?

Our other skill positions on offense. If you have three WRs, a TE and a RB in the game it looks like this: Woods (80), Watkins (85), Harvin (86), Clay (86) and McCoy (88). Freddy needs to relieve Shady? OK, then you have a respectable 82. Oh, you have a FB in? How about Felton's 88?

In the first Offensive breakdown I indicated above the average for those positions is 85, giving a 10 player offense average of 82.2. With Cassel at QB it drops you down to about 81.5.

Still, for Madden and Bills fans it really does give you enough to work with for Madden 16.

EDIT: Sorry, I forget to mention overall the Bills are a 79...it has been quite sometime since they were 80 or above.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if McCoy was on any other team he would be low 90's. 88 for Felton is pretty good. I'd like to see both of those guys at 90 next update! i think we are very underrated, which is surprising because during the offseason it seemed Whaley was building this team purely based on Madden rankings!

For Madden it'll be too much team speed (and fun) to use Watkins, Harvin, Clay, Shady, and Tyrod imo. Also, those QB ratings may change if one performs admirably for a couple weeks

Agreed BH.

Man, what I could do with Price, Moulds and Reed as the third WR back in the day.

...and don't even get my started on Parrish!

if McCoy was on any other team he would be low 90's. 88 for Felton is pretty good. I'd like to see both of those guys at 90 next update! i think we are very underrated, which is surprising because during the offseason it seemed Whaley was building this team purely based on Madden rankings!

and Kdiggz, you know that if the Pats had picked up IK, they'd be geniuses!

I am disappointed with the rating, as well. I thought for sure they would be over 80.

Sorry, gentlemen, it was a little rude of me not to include where I am getting this from. They have a spreadsheet you can DL for the whole league.

Additionally, to give credit where it is due, a shout out to JPSoccer4 on one of the other boards I frequent found the link.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/player-ratings?utm_campaign=mad16-social-global-ic-fb-madden-16-ratings-excel-081215-fb-img-site-lnch&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&sourceid=mad16-social-global-ic-fb-madden-16-ratings-excel-081215-fb-img-site-lnch&cid=41908&ts=1439396942870&sf39871931=1

Sammy and Woods will get better ratings next year. What are the D's ratings?

Dareus (94)

K. Williams (93)

Mario (90)

Gilmore (86)

Hughes (85)

Graham (84)

Bradham (83)

McKelvin (80)

A Williams (79)

I am not 100% sure about a starting 11, but if someone suggests a group I can pull the ratings for the remaining guys.

EDIT: But I think it is ridiculous that they have Darby at 70!!!!!

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-afc-east-player-ratings

The Super Bowl champs begin the new season loaded with talent, starting with TE Rob Gronkowski (99 OVR) and QB Tom Brady (97 OVR). HB LeGarrette Blount (80 OVR) starts in the backfield, but Jonas Gray (72 OVR) will see some playing time. Julian Edelman (89 OVR), Brandon LaFell (83 OVR), and Danny Amendola (79 OVR) are the WRs.

Defensive standouts include FS Devin McCourty (94 OVR) and ROLB Dont’a Hightower (93 OVR). Jabaal Sheard (84 OVR) is a quality new addition at DT. After some turnover in the secondary, Super Bowl hero Malcom Butler (76 OVR) should be a starter at CB.

The Dolphins have fallen short of the playoffs the last two seasons. Preseason will tell whether rookie DeVante Parker (76 OVR) earns a start at WR over veteran Greg Jennings (81 OVR). Ryan Tannehill (85 OVR) starts at QB along with new TE Jordan Cameron (84 OVR), while Lamar Miller (84 OVR) returns at HB.

Adding all-world DT Ndamukong Suh (96 OVR) to start alongside LE Cameron Wake (94 OVR) will crush opposing offenses. Brent Grimes (87 OVR) locks down one CB spot, and the other will be chosen from Brice McCain (76 OVR), Zack Bowman (74 OVR), and Will Davis (72 OVR).Quote

The Bills have a lot of talent on paper, but it’s up to new head coach Rex Ryan to put it all together. He must choose a starting QB from Matt Cassell (75 OVR), E. J. Manuel (73 OVR), and Tyrod Taylor (72 OVR). New additions HB LeSean McCoy (88 OVR) and TE Charles Clay (86 OVR) should improve the Bills’ offense immensely.

Buffalo’s excellent defensive line features DTs Marcell Dareus (94 OVR) and Kyle Williams (93 OVR). Stephon Gilmore (86 OVR), Corey Graham (84 OVR), and Leodis McKelvin (80 OVR) are the starting CBs, although promising rookie Ronald Darby (70 OVR) will push for a spot.

The starter at QB will be Ryan Fitzpatrick (78 OVR) or Geno Smith (76 OVR), depending on preseason performance. New arrival Brandon Marshall (89 OVR) will start at WR opposite Eric Decker (86 OVR) and Jeremy Kerley (76 OVR) may get the nod at slot receiver. Chris Ivory (80 OVR) is the starting HB.

The Jets’ defensive line could be dominant, with LE Muhammad Wilkerson (96 OVR) and Sheldon Richardson (91 OVR) being bookended by Damon Harrison (88 OVR). Keep an eye on first-round pick Leonard Williams (80 OVR) as well. The Jets have reunited the band at cornerback, with Darrelle Revis (97 OVR) being joined by Antonio Cromartie (86 OVR).

Dareus, 94 OVR

Madden is so pathetic. Suh and the fins so high? Gag. A joke

FYI for rookies/young players, their overall ratings are generally lower than their performance in the game, due to being low in things like "Awareness". It's always best to review individual ratings in attributes that are important to the position before getting too mad. Likely Darby has all the skill/speed needed to be an effective CB in the game, but lacks in a few vet friendly attributes, which artificially lower his score.

Marcell		Dareus		DT		94
Kyle		Williams	DT		93
Mario		Williams	LE		90
Dan		Carpenter	K		89
Jerome		Felton		FB		88
LeSean		McCoy		HB		88
Charles		Clay		TE		86
Stephon		Gilmore		CB		86
Cordy		Glenn		LT		86
Percy		Harvin		WR		86
Jerry		Hughes		RE		85
Sammy		Watkins		WR		85
Corey		Graham		CB		84
Nigel		Bradham		LOLB		83
Fred		Jackson		HB		82
Leodis		McKelvin	CB		80
Eric		Wood		C		80
Robert		Woods		WR		80
Richie		Incognito	RG		79
Aaron		Williams	SS		79
Preston		Brown		MLB		78
John		Conner		FB		77
Manny		Lawson		RE		77
Jarius		Wynn		LE		77
Seantrel	Henderson	RT		76
Duke		Williams	FS		76
Matt		Cassel		QB		75
Kraig		Urbik		C		75
Chris		Williams	RG		75
Bacarri		Rambo		SS		74
Nickell		Robey		CB		74
Ross		Cockrell	CB		73
E.J.		Manuel		QB		73
Bryce		Brown		HB		72
Alex		Carrington	LE		72
Boobie		Dixon		HB		72
Chris		Gragg		TE		72
Chris		Hogan		WR		72
Tyrod		Taylor		QB		72
John		Miller		LG		71
Stefan		Charles		DT		70
Ronald		Darby		CB		70
Alex		Kupper		LG		70
Ron		Brooks		CB		69
Corbin		Bryant		DT		69
Randell		Johnson		ROLB		69
Nick		O'Leary		TE		69
Karlos		Williams	HB		69
Marcus		Easley		WR		68
Marquise	Goodwin		WR		68
Mario		Butler		CB		67
William		Campbell	RG		67
Cyrus		Kouandjio	RT		67
Dezmin		Lewis		WR		67
Rod		Sweeting	CB		67
Jordan		Gay		K		66
Colton		Schmidt		P		66
MarQueis	Gray		FB		65
Jonathan	Meeks		SS		65
Tony		Steward		ROLB		65
Deonte		Thompson	WR		65
Jimmy		Gaines		MLB		64
Justin		Hamilton	DT		64
Cyril		Richardson	LG		64
A.J.		Tarpley		ROLB		64
Justin		Brown		WR		63
Kenny		Ladler		FS		63
Ty		Powell		MLB		63
Matt		Simms		QB		63
Marcus		Thigpen		WR		61
Tobais		Palmer		WR		59
Garrison	Sanborn		C		57
Andrew		Hudson		LOLB		56
Edited by Dorkington

FWIW:

Darby has 93 speed (best CB), 86 Man Cover (second only to Gilmore), 72 Zone (7th of the CBs), low play recognition and awareness (due to being a rookie)

First	Last	Pos	OVR	Speed	Throw Power	TA Short	TA Mid	TA Deep	Play Action	Throw Run
Matt	Cassel	QB	75	69	82		83		73	63	73		75
E.J.	Manuel	QB	73	83	93		73		75	62	67		78
Tyrod	Taylor	QB	72	87	90		74		75	62	58		83
Matt	Simms	QB	63	79	86		79		72	53	70		75