What's your solution for QB in 2016?

Yep! This team is built to win now!

Any rookie or really young inexperienced QB is going to endure growing pains in the sense of losing games for the team. Do the Bills want to wait 2-3 years for a QB to properly develop?

I meant both, sign Rivers and draft Cook

He's a good college QB.

IMO, if you draft him, you'd better be patient enough to let him sit a couple years.

This, those spread option QBs don't fare well in the NFL

Yet I'm not sure Rivers has ever benefited from playing a D as good as the one's Eli has had in NY. That said Eli as you said clutch money and it's hard to dismiss that. Toss in Eli's used to playing in the Northeast where Rivers been in warm California for his career. Yet all things considered I have a feeling that Christian Hackenberg ends up our QB next year. As the Pegula's are big Penn State backers and have they'd have no problem going all in on a guy like him. Especially since getting him at a rookie contract give Whaley a better chance at keeping Dareus in the fold. As the most Hackenberg could cost against the cap is $4.1 million which equates about $500k less than what Cassel makes. Yet I don't see Hackenberg as a top guy off the board instead see him in the top 15 area.

Hogan is interesting since think he was recruited by Harbaugh/Roman. Yet I don't see him as a first round pick more of a 4th or 5th Round guy now but could be a 3rd Round pick with a strong senior season. I just posted I think Hackenberg is the Bills QB in 2016 all things considered.

He could be a sleeper as he did well in a pro style offense as a freshman but regressed tremendously in the spread last year. If he has another so-so yr he might stay in.

I wonder if he can still transfer because of the whole Sandusky penalties or was that a one time deal?

If I'm him I'm out of there and go to a pro style team like Michigan with Harbaugh.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. How does this work?

Every team that doesn't have a franchise QB should draft a QB per year? If we all agree there are >10 teams that need franchise quarterbacks and there are <10 QBs per draft then how does that work out?

I think this would lead to QB HELL, and because the rest of your team sucks (related to spending so many draft picks on QBs) you don't have the talent for your QB to succeed. Thus, the QB you drafted will be evaluated as bad and you'll picking near the top again.

Meanwhile the teams that do have franchise QBs will take advantage of the surplus of good players at positions that aren't QB.

Correct. The idea you take a high pick QB every year is the daftest of all the OBD old chesnuts. If you wanna use a later rounder on a guy every year as a stab in the dark I am ok with that but I don't think it is going to significantly increase your chances of finding a guy.

Draft a QB every round in ever year until we hit on one. It's the only position that matters for long-term success.

Funny as I was thinking the same thing. All 7 picks for the next three years on QB and develop someone. I'm so sick of this drought. How we could develop such a talented team with such a bad option at the most important position is maddening.

I didn't like what I saw from Hackenburg at all last year but I went back and watched his freshman highlights and there is some talent there.... I think him having a so-so year and still being there at pick 20 or so where the Bills are drafting would be the mind of QB break this franchise hasnt quite had in the last few years. Could work out nicely.

I didn't like what I saw from Hackenburg at all last year but I went back and watched his freshman highlights and there is some talent there.... I think him having a so-so year and still being there at pick 20 or so where the Bills are drafting would be the mind of QB break this franchise hasnt quite had in the last few years. Could work out nicely.

I hope so, it will cost us to get Cook

I hope so, it will cost us to get Cook

True, but you don't know when you choose not to pay the price for Cook where Hackenburg might go.... but whilst I am going to keep an eye on both of those guys among others in CFB this year I am going to worry about the Bills drafting a QB after this season has played out... I think we might be in for a good one.

This thread smells of cart before horse syndrome.

Seeing that all 3 of our existing quarterbacks played well in game 1 (I know it is just preseason), I think it is totally plausible that we might have a quarterback on this team right now that will lead us deep into the playoffs. Yes it is unlikely, but plausible nonetheless. No way you can make a good decision about the draft next year without seeing how this year plays out.

I`m still on a wait and see after this year and group of Qbs. They all look better than I thought. This game will tell a little more. Although the injuries will not give us a true reading with the ones.

This thread smells of cart before horse syndrome.

Seeing that all 3 of our existing quarterbacks played well in game 1 (I know it is just preseason), I think it is totally plausible that we might have a quarterback on this team right now that will lead us deep into the playoffs. Yes it is unlikely, but plausible nonetheless. No way you can make a good decision about the draft next year without seeing how this year plays out.

I think we DO have our 2016 QB on the roster; however next year's QB class does seem to be deep (assuming too many don't tank this season). I would expect the FO to take a QB in the 1st round, and let that rookie sit behind the vet that is already on our roster (for at least a year depending on the ability of the vet).