Bills fans drunkest in the league?

I've said this is true before.Most folks that go to Bills games are OK but there are a huge amount of scumbags at one Bills drive on gameday.Watched a group of guys verbally abuse a young child and her father because they were wearing jerseys of the opposing team.Way too much drinking going on.On the other hand I went to see the Bills play in Jacksonville and I saw zero eveidence of intoxication so yeah, Buffalo has a problem with drunks.

Why are you even here?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people who sat behind us when my son was younger used to pay him a dollar for each swearword they blurted out. One guy once gave him a $5 bill at kickoff saying he had a bad feeling about the game.

Where you sit has a huge bearing on what a child is exposed to. I used all of the idiotic behavior as teaching moments, which so far have kept him away from trouble I think.

He does have a foul mouth as a 17 year old, though :)

17? jesus.

I've been to at least 1/2 dozen other NFL venues, and none come close to the drunken buffoonery that exists in the lots prior to the game and in the stadium itself at RWS. Why these people continue to be allowed through the turnstiles is mind boggling.

says the man with the labatt name and avi haha agree to a certain extent but just kinda ironic..

I would seriously watch your wording. This isnt your first time either

BUFFALO does not have a problem with drunks and to suggest such a thing is offensive.

I will be paying close attention to your posts going forward

CBF

Did you read the article?Did you read any of the numerous posts here regarding drunks at games creating problems? Not sure what your point is here but if you are suggesting there aren't problems with drunken behavior at the Ralph then you haven't been there.As I said in my post MOST fans are OK.

To me the worst demographic at the games is the drunk college-age kids - so many just seem to have an angry a-hole edge to them (some chicks included). Been going to games for 40+ years so not sure how much of it is them getting worse vs. my perspective changing, but it amazes me how many a-holes there in this age group now roaming around drunk and being complete a-holes. Still will never understand why anyone would go to a game and get so ****-faced they aren't even watching or aware of the game itself. Just stay in the parking lot and pass out there if that's what you are into (or better yet stay home and pass out there). Last year I almost got in a fight with some a-hole (shirtless, smoking) 20 yr old who was screaming **** at my 80 year old Dad.

In my memory the drunks I remember from games as a kid were mostly good-natured, who actually watched the game and threw out (sometimes hilarious) commentary on the crappy team on field without spewing as much venom and obscenities as I see today. There are just so many young angry violent douchebags at games now.

This area and city has a drinking culture to rival any other in the nation.

I have not seen much drinking on the job, but come the weekend, or even 5pm, it's on.

The Bills game is especially drunk friendly, because we're expected to cheer loudly. Sometimes, given the outcomes, that requires a serious impairment of judgement.

For the record, I'm not against drinking, but I don't like it when people get pass out drunk.

During the 1960's until they closed the old rock pile two season ticket holders owned a third seat - for a kg of beer. Quite well publicized back i the day and talked about, as yu would them bringing it into the stadium on game day. Let's not forget the famous end zone box seats, drunk, rowdy, and raucous!

In 13 years with seasons I've been near two fights and 3 people who have pissed themselves. Things can always get better, but I don't find the Ralph that bad in the grand scheme of things.

I see fights every once in a while. Best one was about 6 years ago in ECC lotan hour after ther game. Bunch of drunk college age kids have a group brawl..7 on 7 or so. We were watching hootin and hollerin as they were all so drunk no was really connecting or hurting anyone...till two guys teamed up one one. My brother and i jumped in and dragged(drug?) the extra guy off, said that's not fair you stay out of it(and he did)....and stood back and watched these knuckleheads tire themselves out clutching, grabbing, and losing their pants. Great entertainment after another Bills beat down by the Pats.

To me the worst demographic at the games is the drunk college-age kids - so many just seem to have an angry a-hole edge to them (some chicks included). Been going to games for 40+ years so not sure how much of it is them getting worse vs. my perspective changing, but it amazes me how many a-holes there in this age group now roaming around drunk and being complete a-holes. Still will never understand why anyone would go to a game and get so ****-faced they aren't even watching or aware of the game itself. Just stay in the parking lot and pass out there if that's what you are into (or better yet stay home and pass out there). Last year I almost got in a fight with some a-hole (shirtless, smoking) 20 yr old who was screaming **** at my 80 year old Dad.

In my memory the drunks I remember from games as a kid were mostly good-natured, who actually watched the game and threw out (sometimes hilarious) commentary on the crappy team on field without spewing as much venom and obscenities as I see today. There are just so many young angry violent douchebags at games now.

Wow, cant believe someone would act like that to your Dad. As someone mentioned about the group following a 10 year old kid to the car....i have never, ever, seen anything like that in Buffalo.

.Only time was close was at a Raider-Bills game in the Coliseum with my 65 year old Mom and 69 year old dad and some aresholes were giving us more than just freindly chit....it was the Coliseam so we just moved and found new seats, there wer a ton of them :lol:

During the 1960's until they closed the old rock pile two season ticket holders owned a third seat - for a kg of beer. Quite well publicized back i the day and talked about, as yu would them bringing it into the stadium on game day. Let's not forget the famous end zone box seats, drunk, rowdy, and raucous!

in the late 70's, we would buy a seat and bring in a beer ball...plastic was okay, and none of us was prolly older than 16 and we never had an issue bringing that sucker in!

Edited by plenzmd1

For me the drunk fans worked in my favor.

When I had season tickets one year we got to know the guys around us and one of them always got really smashed.

He was really gone one game before half time and said he was going to get some beer and bring me back a nacho supreme. I was like awesome free nachos but he never came back.

The next week he told me he got kicked out because he kept arguing with the person who refused to sell him more beer because they could tell he was already drunk

He was never violent or swearing or anything like that just the opposite.

He said he was kicked out because he wouldnt leave the beer line

CBF

I see fights every once in a while. Best one was about 6 years ago in ECC lotan hour after ther game. Bunch of drunk college age kids have a group brawl..7 on 7 or so. We were watching hootin and hollerin as they were all so drunk no was really connecting or hurting anyone...till two guys teamed up one one. My brother and i jumped in and dragged(drug?) the extra guy off, said that's not fair you stay out of it(and he did)....and stood back and watched these knuckleheads tire themselves out clutching, grabbing, and losing their pants. Great entertainment after another Bills beat down by the Pats.

Wow, cant believe someone would act like that to your Dad. As someone mentioned about the group following a 10 year old kid to the car....i have never, ever, seen anything like that in Buffalo.

.Only time was close was at a Raider-Bills game in the Coliseum with my 65 year old Mom and 69 year old dad and some aresholes were giving us more than just freindly chit....it was the Coliseam so we just moved and found new seats, there wer a ton of them :lol:

in the late 70's, we would buy a seat and bring in a beer ball...plastic was okay, and none of us was prolly older than 16 and we never had an issue bringing that sucker in!

That is good stuff. It is amusing sometimes to watch the beligerant youth from afar. It reminded 2 years ago these guys were tailgating across from us. They were in their 20s & they were partying pretty hard. Not causing any problems you could tell they were hitting it. At the end of the tailgate one of guys kept falling down & everytime he would try to get back up one of his buddies(at least I think they were his buddies would kick him back down) & start laughing. I looked at my son & said "that is why you always make sure you could hold your booze more then the guys you hang around with." & we both started cracking up. Just for the record my wife is pettrified on Sundays when I take my son to the game. She doesn't like it but she allows it. I have been taking him to the games for 3 years now & there hasn't been an incident yet that has stopped me from taking him. Just one dad's perspective.

& lastly I am taking my 6 year old daughter to her first game this Friday. I know it is preseason but I am exciting for taking her. She is really not into sports but I think she is going to like it. Not sure if she is Bills fan material though. I told her yesterday we are going to go tailgating before the game & she said "before the game can't we just go to Red Lobster instead?"

For me the drunk fans worked in my favor.

When I had season tickets one year we got to know the guys around us and one of them always got really smashed.

He was really gone one game before half time and said he was going to get some beer and bring me back a nacho supreme. I was like awesome free nachos but he never came back.

The next week he told me he got kicked out because he kept arguing with the person who refused to sell him more beer because they could tell he was already drunk

He was never violent or swearing or anything like that just the opposite.

He said he was kicked out because he wouldnt leave the beer line

CBF

Sounds like one of the guys we used to tailgate with. He would always disappear after the first quarter, sometimes halftime but he was always at our car waiting for us when the game was over. Well it turns out he was meeting this other guys sister(who was also in our tailgate) & they were doing the deed in lot 5 while the game was going on. This went on for years until my friend who's sister it was finally followed him out one game & caught them. Looking back we still have a good laugh about it & yes that guy who was meeting the sister was no longer welcomed in our tailgate!

Sounds like one of the guys we used to tailgate with. He would always disappear after the first quarter, sometimes halftime but he was always at our car waiting for us when the game was over. Well it turns out he was meeting this other guys sister(who was also in our tailgate) & they were doing the deed in lot 5 while the game was going on. This went on for years until my friend who's sister it was finally followed him out one game & caught them. Looking back we still have a good laugh about it & yes that guy who was meeting the sister was no longer welcomed in our tailgate!

LOL thats too funny!

So in a way, he was paying to do her

CBF

LOL thats too funny!

So in a way, he was paying to do her

CBF

Well it was the one spot in town he knew his wife wouldn't be at. My friend who sister it was to this day still doesn't talk to him. He said he had suspicions for years but never followed thru & then the one day he decided to forgo watching the game & follow the guy around the stadium. It was the stuff the Soap Opera's are made of. We still have a good laugh about it whenever someone mentions it & it happened over 15 years ago.

Well it was the one spot in town he knew his wife wouldn't be at. My friend who sister it was to this day still doesn't talk to him. He said he had suspicions for years but never followed thru & then the one day he decided to forgo watching the game & follow the guy around the stadium. It was the stuff the Soap Opera's are made of. We still have a good laugh about it whenever someone mentions it & it happened over 15 years ago.

haha your right. Its just like a soap opera

CBF