If any Bills QBs are cut, who is likely to pick them up?

My guesses:

Cassel - A contender without a good backup (maybe Denver or GB)

Taylor - Denver (Kubiak went hard after him)

EJ - Maybe Philly (they have a bunch of guys but supposedly Kelly liked him.) Carolina is another option as he is similar in stature to Cam and can probably run a similar offense

Wait...what? Then why don't we run the kind of offense EJ should be able to run?

The answer might be McDonald's. In all seriousness, who out there is in a worse QB situation than the Bills? I can only come up with Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, and the New York Jets. Any of the 4 guys on this team right now could end up unemployed.

If Brady is out for week 2, I'd have to believe the Pats are replacing Ryan Lindley with whoever we cut.

I can't locate the rule but think they changed that now teams can't claim a cut player from a team they play the same week or within so many hours of the game so if I'm the Bills I might keep 4 QBs up until that period.

The answer might be McDonald's. In all seriousness, who out there is in a worse QB situation than the Bills? I can only come up with Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, and the New York Jets. Any of the 4 guys on this team right now could end up unemployed.

Sure they might end unemployed, but given the lack of solid QBs in the NFL and given how many fans get their panties all up in a wad its pretty clear that there is a demand for QBs which exceeds "mere" judgments by fans about the QB on their tam.

My sense is the likelihoods are

Simms- likely gets a job when he is cut because he actually still qualifies to be placed on a team's practice squad. I think Rex likes him and we will not be satisfied by any of our other three. He either stays on our PS or if cut goes to someone else's PS.

He has that rarity of some Pro time and his Dad is well-respected.

Tyler- Exciting player but really a little guy. I do not see him being invested in as a starter unless he really lights it up in pre-season games AND gets hit hard but somehow escapes injury. I think he is most likely to be unemployed of our 4, but actually is a viable player for a team which wants to run The Wildcat. I don't think we will but we might.

Cassel- If he gets injured this pre-season probably plays the largest role on his employment and an injury settlement likely end his career. If he survives this pre-season w/o an injury he likely stays as our back-up or gets signed if we cut him as a back-up QB who recently (past 5 years) ld his team to playoffs.

EJ- If he is cut, it would be the 1st for a former 1st rounder. There is an explanation (less charitable folks will call these excuses) and anyone who resigns him can easily use his injury shortened first year and blame his being benched in his second year on the recently passed over as an HC after firing by Doug Moron. EJ has demonstrated that he is capable of winning NFL games, however he has not won them consistently. Just like the significant # of women who for whatever reason accept a wife beater back in the house or marry someone who cheated on his wife to be with them these folks always think they will be the one to change this idiot.

Ej is easily a .500 QB with bad Bills teams and bad coaching. I have little doubt that he gets signed soon after we cut him. In fact like Brad Johnson he could be cut a couple of times before he would not be resigned.