Starting to see some QB separation - Cassell - TT

San-O

from the main board, I don't think there's any other way to read this, giving Cassell first team reps AND Taylor 2nd team reps.

This isn't motivational, or as speculative, giving Cassell reps before cutting him.

E.J. does appear to be on the ropes as Ryan isn't that interested in seeing much more of E.J.????

combined with unofficial depth chart from yesterday...

http://www.billsdaily.com/

Edited by San-O

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's any other way to read this

IN....

(But if this thread lasts, Cassel's starting Friday night and TT is a 4th-year player who probably has a good handle on what Roman's trying to do.

It could just as easily be that they want to give E.J. an extra week to absorb the new playbook and let him show what he's got against the Brownies on national TV...)

Edited by Lurker

I guess what I'm really trying to address is what we know, basically facts, from reading between the lines speculation...

sergeant_schultz_by_wintersnowflurries.j

Take a hint from the Sarge...as fans, we're in the same boat.

Edited by Lurker

IN....

(But if this thread lasts, Cassel's starting Friday night and TT is a 4th-year player who probably has a good handle on what Roman's trying to do.

It could just as easily be that they want to give E.J. an extra week to absorb the new playbook and let him show what he's got against the Brownies on national TV...)

Honestly, had that same thought. They listed the QBs in the depth chart in order of NFL experience. Why not role into the first preseason game the same way?

IDK!! Didn't Rex say he was impressed with EJs performance in scrimmage? Wasn't happy with Tyrod. After watching tapes of practices and scrimmage could Rex/Roman want to see more of Taylor/Cassel? I think people/media are reading too much into starter of 1st preseason game. Usually it's the 3rd preseason game that the starter is chosen

Honestly, had that same thought. They listed the QBs in the depth chart in order of NFL experience. Why not role into the first preseason game the same way?

T.T. has no NFL experience, no starts anyhow.

Someone said in another thread this morning that he doesn't trust Joe B's reports on EJ because he (Joe B) probably can't even throw a spiral. Vic Carucci said today that EJ appears to be fading from the competition. I wonder if that same poster questions Carucci's passing abilities. Regardless, it is still early. Obviously the preseason is the biggest stage of the audition. That being said, I think it's pretty clear that Cassel is in fact the default option if no one really starts to separate themselves from the pack.

T.T. has no NFL experience, no starts anyhow.

They've said the pecking order to open camp was years in the league to avoid speculation. Why volume/quality of reps may be shifting is purely speculation at this point

Someone said in another thread this morning that he doesn't trust Joe B's reports on EJ because he (Joe B) probably can't even throw a spiral. Vic Carucci said today that EJ appears to be fading from the competition. I wonder if that same poster questions Carucci's passing abilities. Regardless, it is still early. Obviously the preseason is the biggest stage of the audition. That being said, I think it's pretty clear that Cassel is in fact the default option if no one really starts to separate themselves from the pack.

Which is odd because all things equal he's the worst option as the oldest and most expensive, unless he is truly ahead of the field

They've said the pecking order to open camp was years in the league to avoid speculation. Why volume/quality of reps may be shifting is purely speculation at this point

Which is odd because all things equal he's the worst option as the oldest and most expensive, unless he is truly ahead of the field

I don't necessarily think he is ahead of the field but he's been pretty flat lined in terms of good days vs bad days.

If either of the other two can put together 3 good practices they would probably move up.

from the main board, I don't think there's any other way to read this, giving Cassell first team reps AND Taylor 2nd team reps.

This isn't motivational, or as speculative, giving Cassell reps before cutting him.

E.J. does appear to be on the ropes as Ryan isn't that interested in seeing much more of E.J.????

combined with unofficial depth chart from yesterday...

http://www.billsdaily.com/

is there a direct link from Rex, because what I read today EJ is equally inconsistent as TT and Mes Cassel - none of the above has taken the reigns and led the pack

is there a direct link from Rex, because what I read today EJ is equally inconsistent as TT and Mes Cassel - none of the above has taken the reigns and led the pack

"Equally as inconsistent"? Hmm, from everything I've read and heard I would have guessed in terms of consistency: TT - Cassel - EJ. TT always seem to be ok with a few big plays (a relative term), sometimes EJ lights it up, sometimes he bombs, and Cassel started slow but might be picking it up.

Man it's so interesting how there are so many different takes. Ah the offseason.

Edited by NickelCity

Good Post OP.

Last year was a disaster of epic proportions for EJ.

Do we really think he is going to get another chance, after being humiliated in Houston? No

This is Cassels' job to lose. The staff loves Tyrod.

The front office opinion has not changed on EJ.

We are not sacrificing this year.

Imo