Dan Carpenter injury (update - put on notice)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are these the active NFL career leaders?

nope, here they are: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_active.htm

Rank Player (age), + - HOFer, Bold - Active FG% Years Teams

1. Justin Tucker (25) 89.815% 2012-2014 rav

2. Dan Bailey (27) 89.764% 2011-2014 dal

3. Stephen Gostkowski (31) 86.786% 2006-2014 nwe

4. Robbie Gould (32) 85.563% 2005-2014 chi

5. Shayne Graham (37) 85.531% 2001-2014 10T

6. Steven Hauschka (30) 85.430% 2008-2014 3TM

7. Matt Bryant (40) 85.373% 2002-2014 5TM

8. Connor Barth (29) 85.294% 2008-2014 3TM

9. Dan Carpenter (29) 84.716% 2008-2014 2TM

10. Blair Walsh (25) 84.466% 2012-2014 min

26.Billy Cundiff (35)76.151% 2002-2014 5TM

Edited by CSBill

I'm putting the tin-foil hat on here and saying this is all mind-games by Rex/Whaley. A bit extreme IMO, but maybe that's why they brought in Cundiff. I doubt Carpenter views him as a real threat. Then again, not that it matters if we cut him...

I'm putting the tin-foil hat on here and saying this is all mind-games by Rex/Whaley. A bit extreme IMO, but maybe that's why they brought in Cundiff. I doubt Carpenter views him as a real threat. Then again, not that it matters if we cut him...

I believe you may be right. I think it's kind of a risky game to play with a kicker, but maybe Rex wants to test his mental toughness.

This would be an absolute idiotic move to cut Carpenter for Norwood Jr (Cundiff)..

I would puke eveytime I saw him on the field

???? Norwood was a WAY better kicker than Cundiff.

that Charger guy who is almost identical to carpenter on FGs...does he kick off for himself too, or does he also need a stuntman?

that's my criticism of Carpenter...yes you've been reliable, and you look like another one of us local gaunches...but at the expense of 2 roster spots?

I believe you may be right. I think it's kind of a risky game to play with a kicker, but maybe Rex wants to test his mental toughness.

Norwood was a solid kicker till he missed the only one that Really mattered....Then he went south...But he will always be remembered for the one that he choked on....Same as Cundiff..

No he wasn't. Relative to era? Maybe. But it's impossible to compare kickers from 25 years ago to today. I remember when a 50+ yard field goal was a big deal. And a 40 yard field goal was far from automatic.

Norwood was a solid kicker till he missed the only one that Really mattered....Then he went south...But he will always be remembered for the one that he choked on....Same as Cundiff..

47 yard FG on grass wasn't an easy kick at all. Norwood crushed that ball, but it just didn't hook in for him. OTOH, Cundiff's kick was less than 40 yards and it wasn't even close.

On September 22, 2014, the Detroit Lions signed Henery to replace struggling rookie Nate Freese.[2] On October 6, a day after missing three field goals in the Lions' week five loss to the Buffalo Bills, including a potential game-winner late in the final minute, he was released

Pass

that Charger guy who is almost identical to carpenter on FGs...does he kick off for himself too, or does he also need a stuntman?

that's my criticism of Carpenter...yes you've been reliable, and you look like another one of us local gaunches...but at the expense of 2 roster spots?

I asked the same question (I think). My recollection is, he does kickoff, but he isn't good at it.

No he wasn't. Relative to era? Maybe. But it's impossible to compare kickers from 25 years ago to today. I remember when a 50+ yard field goal was a big deal. And a 40 yard field goal was far from automatic.

Norwood wasn't a distance FG kicker, that's for sure. But within his distance (I think it was about 43 yards or so) he was money through most of his career. I don't believe Cundiff has ever been money from any distance, with the exception of XPs.

I could be wrong about this.