Dan Carpenter injury (update - put on notice)

which vets and why is it due to TC? Need details. Are they doing something wrong.... I was not there but it sounded well-run.

Many, many more veterans out with injuries from practices and preseason games then previous years.

I thought it was at first Rex being a "players' coach" but I think it may be the split the field in two and compressed camps doing it.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many, many more veterans out with injuries from practices and preseason games then previous years.

I thought it was at first Rex being a "players' coach" but I think it may be the split the field in two and compressed camps doing it.

it seems to me many are limited for precautionary reasons to limit injuries and ensure they are ready for week 1. Mc kelvin and carpenter both got hurt prior to TC - they were NFI. The only players who got hurt, to the point they aren't expected to be ready week 1, occured in games. goodwin, Powell, Wynn. The Bills experienced fewer impactful (will last into the season) injuries in camp than other teams than what I can tell.

I think you are missing how important rhythm, timing and confidence is to a kicker. I'm sure he's healthy enough to kick, but perhaps not completely in-tune yet. And you are right about needing a reliable kicker in 10 days. My money is on Carpenter. And if he's cut, my money is on Carpenter kicking better for his new team than the guy the Bills sign.

i agree on how important that is. As I said, he missed too much camp. Rex said that as well. That's why he is where he is. IMO. We don't know if he has enough time between now and the games that count to get that back, and they need to be ready. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree on how important that is. As I said, he missed too much camp. Rex said that as well. That's why he is where he is. IMO. We don't know if he has enough time between now and the games that count to get that back, and they need to be ready.

Then again, most anyone they bring in will have missed ALL of camp. At least the Bills' camp.

Then again, most anyone they bring in will have missed ALL of camp. At least the Bills' camp.

for a kicker it doesn't really matter that they missed Bills camp as long as they have been practicing somewhere.

Bold prediction: Carpenter is fine and the Bills make no moves in the kicking game.

hoping you are right

Sure, if we replace Gay and Carpenter---and he hasn't regressed this offseason.

Novak was 3/3 in FG's with 2 of them beyond 50 yards, but 2/3 on extra points. Not sure how he is kicking off though.

Apparently Novak did not have a touchback after week 8 and was last in touchbacks in 2013. Seems like Gay would need to stay.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523173/article/chargers-cut-nick-novak-josh-lambo-wins-kicking-job

@mikerodak

The Bills worked out free-agent kicker Billy Cundiff on Monday, a source told @JFowlerESPN. Rex Ryan has been frustrated with Dan Carpenter.

Cundiff's career average (76.2%) is about equal to Carpenter's worst season (73.2%, 2010) and eight point below his career average (82.2%).

If the want to look at alternatives, they need better competition than this...