Arian Foster says "I don't believe in God"

Good for Arian Foster! He touches on the theme often espoused by Stephen Fry (well known atheist) that I've come to identify with more than not. Human suffering in the world is vast. Starvation, murder, war, and disease are just a few things that take countless lives, including many children. He postulates that if a god did create the universe that he/she/it is an utter maniac. Why would anyone follow a being that allows so much injustice and pain? For me, it comes down to how delusional you want to be. Whichever "figure" you pick is essentially just a figure of your imagination.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just kills me that he says this after his injury. Some guys will never appreciate their life and riches. They are to rapped up in the drama of their life until they are dying and then realize all they are losing so yeah there is pain in life with joy.

Good for him, a person shouldn't be condemned for saying they believe or don't believe. It's very unpopular in this country to not believe in god, it's so unpopular it's hard to even say that to a close friend or family member. For a public/athlete to say this on a national forum took a lot of balls.

Edited by KzooMike

Oh the other question? I believe that my God (don't necessarily have a specific one?) would accept a guy into his kingdom who is kind, generous and abides by a good moral code over someone who purports to believe in God but is otherwise a dickhead. If a God accepts a guy who does nothing for the betterment of society, scoffs at the less fortunate but goes to church every Sunday over a guy who works at a soup kitchen and spends all his free time volunteering but God really isn't a part of his life, then I don't want to be a part of that religion anyway. Not to get too deep on ya.

So if you believe in God - you believe each individual should decide what God wants us to do with our lives and how he should judge it?

Good for Arian Foster! He touches on the theme often espoused by Stephen Fry (well known atheist) that I've come to identify with more than not. Human suffering in the world is vast. Starvation, murder, war, and disease are just a few things that take countless lives, including many children. He postulates that if a god did create the universe that he/she/it is an utter maniac. Why would anyone follow a being that allows so much injustice and pain? For me, it comes down to how delusional you want to be. Whichever "figure" you pick is essentially just a figure of your imagination.

I respect your opinion and I don't want to aggravate you - but just hear me out to hopefully give you something to think about or at least understand how someone on the other side thinks.

God made us in his image - which means perfect and without flaw, so at this time there was no such thing as sin or negatives. The word of God talks about God loving mankind in a very special way in terms of other things he created. It was a perfect time.

His love grew and he actually became jealous for our affection - he knew the only reason we loved him back was because we didn't have the option not to. That's when he had to create the most powerful thing he ever created and that was choice. So because he loved us so much in order to know we loved him back he had to invent the option of not choosing him knowing full well this would create massive issues for eternity. Ever since that moment he had to allow things to play out - including all the consequences that not choosing him has caused. If he just intervened when he wasn't asked to he'd be a fraud and I personally understand his position so clearly.

Edited by Triple Threat

"God is dead." - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." - God

Not bad.

but it seems you are hearing voices.

Maybe some organic yogurt would settle them down.

I don talk politics or religion with any sense of seriousness regardless. But i dont mind having fun with either> since i am just starting to catch up here, pleae no one take me to heart.

I have my own values and beliefs and remain open minded to some degree as i have children and want them to be open minded to ideas.

Just not too open minded.

so lets keep it light and breezy.

I believe in me.

I believe the children are our future

and our Parents were our past?

deep....

It's easy to agree with an atheist. Perhaps if you consulted a Christian for the answers to your question instead of assuming that they can't be logically answered, you might learn something.

If you do, there is one thing I can absolutely assure you; you won't be worse off for seeking the answer. Surely there must be a Christian in your life. And I'm not talking about someone who goes to church on Sunday simply because it seems like a good idea. I'm talking about a follower of Christ. Someone who stays in his word.

Go get some coffee. Present your situation. Start a discussion. See what happens. Nothing to lose.

I don't believe in Twinkies.

Blasphemy. When they are recovered from some caves near the Dead Sea you will question yourself.

and they still will not have exceeded the expiration date.

You are mocking my mock, you mock mocker.

Have you know boundaries Man!

always the contrarian's personal jester.

and take your hat off when indoors

He was just joking, dude...god....people in Old Testament times had absolutely no sense of humor...

Thats because the Old testament was based on strict Jewish Law. Those were stern f'ers.

Hope i stirred the pot again with the conservative Jews and possibly some fence straddling Hindi's. lets whip this puppy up!

He is entitled to his own opinion, if someone disagrees with him I bet they have a hard time proving him different.

Like Brady ? Or God ?

am i out of context again?

this is off the wall af

Jealousy Just Reassures Your Love. You Do Not Know Who You Are Or Why Your Here So When You See Someone Who Dose The Society Comes Together As A Whole And Destroys Them. There Is No Nutrients In Our Food Anymore Or In Our Soil OR IN OUR WATER. I Honestly Love When People Hate Even When There Close To You. I Will Always Give You The Truth I Will Never Lie To You In My music If You Cant Handle My Feelings And Emotions Please Unfollow Me

It just kills me that he says this after his injury. Some guys will never appreciate their life and riches. They are to rapped up in the drama of their life until they are dying and then realize all they are losing so yeah there is pain in life with joy.

I completely don't get what you wrote here. Being an atheist is somehow being ungrateful to god because he made you rich?

If an ant in my antfarm didn't believe in me, I wouldn't even notice.

Whatever the other ants do to him, I'd think of as barbaric and ignorant.

If things got out of hand, and just seemed like too much trouble, I'd just throw out the antfarm, and start over.

This is a big deal in the south. Up north, not a big deal. I know plenty of agnostics and atheists, and it isn't a big deal. In some places you may get a target on you for saying that. I guarantee someone will protest a game because he said that.

Speaking of atheists...

Did you hear the one about the dyslexic atheist?

He didn't believe in Dog.

I respect your opinion and I don't want to aggravate you - but just hear me out to hopefully give you something to think about or at least understand how someone on the other side thinks.

God made us in his image - which means perfect and without flaw, so at this time there was no such thing as sin or negatives. The word of God talks about God loving mankind in a very special way in terms of other things he created. It was a perfect time.

His love grew and he actually became jealous for our affection - he knew the only reason we loved him back was because we didn't have the option not to. That's when he had to create the most powerful thing he ever created and that was choice. So because he loved us so much in order to know we loved him back he had to invent the option of not choosing him knowing full well this would create massive issues for eternity. Ever since that moment he had to allow things to play out - including all the consequences that not choosing him has caused. If he just intervened when he wasn't asked to he'd be a fraud and I personally understand his position so clearly.

God is a woman , not a man.

If an ant in my antfarm didn't believe in me, I wouldn't even notice.

Whatever the other ants do to him, I'd think of as barbaric and ignorant.

If things got out of hand, and just seemed like too much trouble, I'd just throw out the antfarm, and start over.

He did that - twice