GOP DEBATES

so there's not a single republican candidate with a unique or opposing view on any of these issues? if that's true then this is one truly sad iteration of a political party.

Maybe CNN should have asked this question

- Why has income inequality (in how birdbrain defines it) gotten progressively worse during seven years' of the most liberal President's tenure, and why are liberals hellbent on continuing the policies that will exacerbate that inequality?

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Why has income inequality (in how birdbrain defines it) gotten progressively worse during seven years' of the most liberal President's tenure, and why are liberals hellbent on continuing the policies that will exacerbate that inequality?

What policies would those be?

Tonight kicks off the 2016 Debates. That is, the Tepublican debates for the candidates for the Presidency of the United States. The Dems seem to be forego in this formality and simply anointing their candidate who "deserves" to be their standard bearer because she's entitled to it.

There is a lower card and a Prime Time card. Lets discuss the debates.

I would like to see Carly Fiorina rise up into the upper tier. Though The Donald is squatting heavily on her "space". He's the only "Republican" with celebrity status that matches Hillary's. Indeed, I think his surpasses hers.

I really hope there is a 'None of the Above' on the ballot. This election would be close to unanimous if it happened

You don't like a single candidate for any party?

I'm still looking at them. Overall, I can't say there is anyone I can't find major fault with. However, I'm not going to be one of those people who doesn't vote. I may not know who I'm going to choose until the day of the election, but to me, not voting is as bad as always going party line.

Tuesday's Republican presidential debate on CNN averaged 18 million viewers, making it the third-most-watched primary debate of all time.

However, the GOP rematch did not top the ratings for the first two debates of the season. Fox News averaged about 25 million viewers in August and CNN averaged 24 million in September,

The only Democratic primary debate on cable news this year, CNN's debate in October, averaged 15.3 million viewers.

Imagine how much more informative the debate could have been if the CNN 'reporters' hadn't started every question with "Donald Trump says"

Tuesday's Republican presidential debate on CNN averaged 18 million viewers, making it the third-most-watched primary debate of all time.

However, the GOP rematch did not top the ratings for the first two debates of the season. Fox News averaged about 25 million viewers in August and CNN averaged 24 million in September,

The only Democratic primary debate on cable news this year, CNN's debate in October, averaged 15.3 million viewers.

Imagine how much more informative the debate could have been if the CNN 'reporters' hadn't started every question with "Donald Trump says"

It had to compete with the Sabres game so I bet that killed any chance of it being the most watched debate

Because anthropomorphic climate change, institutional racism, lack of funding to the Department of Education, Environmental Protection Agency, the Energy Department, Fracking oil exploration, foreign cars, China, police brutality, Quantitative Easing, white people are bad, Muslims are peace loving but conflicted, and at this point what difference does it make?

Lol that dweeb bush and his party insider backers really are besides themselves over the possibility of an independent outsider winning the nod...

Post Politics

Trump: I really dont want Jebs endorsement

By Ed O'Keefe and Robert Costa December 16 at 3:26 PM

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday was highly dismissive when asked about reports that Republican rival Jeb Bush had considered withholding his hypothetical general election endorsement not because he doubted the possibility, but because I really dont want his support.

I really don't want Jeb's endorsement, because he is a low-energy person and he does not represent strength, power and stamina, which are qualities our country desperately needs, Trump said in a sharply worded statement to The Post. But if he does not endorse and support me as the nominee, legally he cannot be on the ballot in many states, so that would be the end of his candidacy -- but that doesn't matter because he is not going to win anyway.

Separately, supporters have urged and pundits have surmised that the super PAC supporting Bush, Right to Rise USA, should direct the tens of millions of dollars it has remaining in its accounts at Trump by unleashing a series of television attack ads.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/12/16/trump-i-really-dont-want-jebs-endorsement/

Edited by JTSP

Lol that dweeb bush and his party insider backers really are besides themselves over the possibility of an independent outsider winning the nod...

Post Politics

Trump: I really dont want Jebs endorsement

By Ed O'Keefe and Robert Costa December 16 at 3:26 PM

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday was highly dismissive when asked about reports that Republican rival Jeb Bush had considered withholding his hypothetical general election endorsement not because he doubted the possibility, but because I really dont want his support.

I really don't want Jeb's endorsement, because he is a low-energy person and he does not represent strength, power and stamina, which are qualities our country desperately needs, Trump said in a sharply worded statement to The Post. But if he does not endorse and support me as the nominee, legally he cannot be on the ballot in many states, so that would be the end of his candidacy -- but that doesn't matter because he is not going to win anyway.

Separately, supporters have urged and pundits have surmised that the super PAC supporting Bush, Right to Rise USA, should direct the tens of millions of dollars it has remaining in its accounts at Trump by unleashing a series of television attack ads.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/12/16/trump-i-really-dont-want-jebs-endorsement/

That's funny.

I expect Trump to tell Jeb to go home and get his shoe shine box next debate.

Cruz is the only possible compromise candidate.

Everyone understands that now, right? Not Rubio, not Christie, and obviously not Jeb.

Only those 5 candidates are even above 0% in the prediction markets right now: http://predictwise.com/politics/2016-president-republican-nomination/

(Carson is 0%, too, in case you're wondering.)

Cruz is the only possible compromise candidate.

Everyone understands that now, right? Not Rubio, not Christie, and obviously not Jeb.

Only those 5 candidates are even above 0% in the prediction markets right now: http://predictwise.com/politics/2016-president-republican-nomination/

(Carson is 0%, too, in case you're wondering.)

It seems like the people being polled want Trump and the gap is growing wider. Not sure why there needs to be some sort of compromise candidate just to make the establishment less unhappy. The establishment GOP sold the American people down the river just like Obama did. It's become clear both parties are corrupt and the people probably aren't in the mood for any compromise.

It seems like the people being polled want Trump and the gap is growing wider. Not sure why there needs to be some sort of compromise candidate just to make the establishment less unhappy. The establishment GOP sold the American people down the river just like Obama did. It's become clear both parties are corrupt and the people probably aren't in the mood for any compromise.

so let's double down on an idiot in the white house.

Oh, I'm voting for Trump regardless, but my sense of it is that other Trump supporters would, in the end, be willing to go for Cruz. He's been kissing Trump's butt for months now.

I don't see trump supporters ever going for the establishment candidate. I bet most just stay home or vote 3rd party.

I think the one candidate that trump supporters would by and large fall in line with would be Cruz.

Cruz IMO is the only candidate that can draw support from the tea party, trump supporters, constitutional libertarians etc...

Oh, I'm voting for Trump regardless, but my sense of it is that other Trump supporters would, in the end, be willing to go for Cruz. He's been kissing Trump's butt for months now.

I assume you've been asked this before but I'd like to know why. Most of the Conservatives here are horrified at the prospect of a Trump President. Why would you vote for him?