GOP DEBATES

Wishful thinking on the part of WAPO and the DC elite.....................And a good quote from Gov. Haley

Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win

By Philip Rucker and Robert Costa

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, herself an outsider who rode the tea party wave into office five years ago, explained the phenomenon.

“You have a lot of people who were told that if we got a majority in the House and a majority in the Senate, then life was gonna be great,” she said in an interview Thursday. “What you’re seeing is that people are angry. Where’s the change? Why aren’t there bills on the president’s desk every day for him to veto? They’re saying, ‘Look, what you said would happen didn’t happen, so we’re going to go with anyone who hasn’t been elected.’ ”

.https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/time-for-gop-panic-establishment-worried-carson-and-trump-might-win/2015/11/12/38ea88a6-895b-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishful thinking on the part of WAPO and the DC elite.....................And a good quote from Gov. Haley

Time for GOP panic? Establishment worried Carson or Trump might win

By Philip Rucker and Robert Costa

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, herself an outsider who rode the tea party wave into office five years ago, explained the phenomenon.

“You have a lot of people who were told that if we got a majority in the House and a majority in the Senate, then life was gonna be great,” she said in an interview Thursday. “What you’re seeing is that people are angry. Where’s the change? Why aren’t there bills on the president’s desk every day for him to veto? They’re saying, ‘Look, what you said would happen didn’t happen, so we’re going to go with anyone who hasn’t been elected.’ ”

.https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/time-for-gop-panic-establishment-worried-carson-and-trump-might-win/2015/11/12/38ea88a6-895b-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html

This is exactly what I said was going to happen.

According to other Republicans, some in the party establishment are so desperate to change the dynamic that they are talking anew about drafting Romney

Yeah because he was such a strong candidate last time :rolleyes:

This is the Post trolling the GOP, I am sure that just a handful of the elites even considered this,

but it makes a great headline to distract from other things.

Of Course the GOP debates are not the only news...........................From Vox (of all places)

THE NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME PROGRESSIVES: Vox: Say, why is the DNC scheduling debates when no one watches?

“It’s pretty clear at this point that Wasserman Schultz wants to bury the debates to protect Hillary,” Ed Morrissey writes at Hot Air. “But that also makes clear that the DNC chair thinks Hillary needs protecting, too — a tacit admission, at least, that she’s a poor candidate who’s likely to blow a lead like she did in 2008. Shouldn’t that be a message to other Democrats that they’re heading into disaster … again?”

What are they going to do at this point? Biden has signaled he’s ready to spend more time with his family when January 2017 rolls around, and even if one of them makes a full court press on Saturday, I don’t think anyone in the audience at Drake University or the person watching at home* is going to confuse Martin O’Malley or 74-year old Bernie Sanders with then-47 year old Barack Obama in full budding rock star mode.

This is exactly what I said was going to happen.

I 100% agree with this.

It's a real issue where voters feel betrayed and are pissed off at the career politicians and are looking to the outside for someone to take control of this.

IMO That is why if Jeb or kasich or any other establishment-esque candidates are the nominee I guarantee republicans lose. There is 0% chance they will get the turnout needed.

That is why the GOP establishment is freaking out they are worried their good ol' boy network is going to come crashing down as by and large voters are increasingly turning away from them to other alternatives that might actually do something and not just be democrat-lite.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

He is far from being charismatic but, he was right on most everything he said. Unfortunately that doesn't make for appealing sound bites, and well, he has a horse.

And don't forget the jet ski. Definitely the jet ski.

And that damned dog on top of the car.

He could have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the horse, the jet ski and the pesky dog.

This will come down to Cruz vs Rubio.

Everyone not named Trump/Carson is fighting for the same block of voters (maybe not Fiorina supporters). That's a huge block and as these other candidates drop out, they will not go to Trump/Carson.

That's why so many candidates are hanging in--they want to see what happens as people fall off.

Trump and Carson represent an unhappy group--but few in either camp will defect to the other. They will leave for only more mainstream people.

he's absolutely insane. but his delivery is soft-spoken, so i guess that makes it desirable :doh:

Ben Carson: My sources 'better' than White House on Syria

Washington (CNN)GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson said Friday that he has better sources than the White House about the situation in Syria, sticking by his claim that China is involved in the fighting there.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/13/politics/ben-carson-obama-china-syria/

he's absolutely insane. but his delivery is soft-spoken, so i guess that makes it desirable :doh:

Washington (CNN)GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson said Friday that he has better sources than the White House about the situation in Syria, sticking by his claim that China is involved in the fighting there.

Well Obama used the information his Intel gave him and deduced that ISIS the JV squad. So take that for what it's worth.

And Cuba is in Syria so I guess anything is possible at this point.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Carson knows nothing of government and has a batschit crazy streak to be sure.

Carson knows nothing of government and has a batschit crazy streak to be sure.

Career politicians "knowing" the workings of government haven't done is any favors or fixed anything so that's irrelevant.

And being batshit crazy is a matter of perspective. Many would consider aborting an unborn child, thinking there are 57 states, hanging around with domestic terrorists, attending an anti America church and in general race baiting and divinding at every opportunity to be catsuit crazy but who's keeping track.

Career politicians "knowing" the workings of government haven't done is any favors or fixed anything so that's irrelevant.

And being batshit crazy is a matter of perspective. Many would consider aborting an unborn child, thinking there are 57 states, hanging around with domestic terrorists, attending an anti America church and in general race baiting and divinding at every opportunity to be catsuit crazy but who's keeping track.

Knowing the workings of government is pretty important if you're the top of the executive branch, don't you think?

Do you see that "Obama Bad" is as Pavlovian and unhelpful as "Bush Bad?"

Knowing the workings of government is pretty important if you're the top of the executive branch, don't you think?

Currently, in the US, the phrase, "...workings of government..." has the makings of a really neat oxymoron.

No. Not necessarily. That is what minions of advisors are for. I want someone who can lead, and someone who gets it.

Well when Obama in his own words admitted to wanting to fundamentally transform our country, I do not like his vision for what he wants the country to become and I don't share his contempt for America being great.

Bush made mistakes. Obama is actively trying to diminish America's exceptionalism and that's my problem and what drives my dislike of him.

No. Not necessarily. That is what minions of advisors are for. I want someone who can lead, and someone who gets it.

Well when Obama in his own words admitted to wanting to fundamentally transform our country, I do not like his vision for what he wants the country to become and I don't share his contempt for America being great.

Bush made mistakes. Obama is actively trying to diminish America's exceptionalism and that's my problem and what drives my dislike of him.

My side point on Obama Bad is that we were talking about Ben Carson, and you went on a diatribe about Obama. The lefties did the same thing for years during Bush. Stick to the topic.

On that topic, if you support Carson because you think he's a proven leader, that's your call to make. On the issues (pretty much all of them), he's shown an at-best shallow understanding and that makes sense: He's a brain surgeon who is new to the world stage. But I totally understand that people want an outsider, and perhaps a more civil outsider than Trump.

Edited by Observer

• 1 month later...

Another debate tonight.

Unfortunately, it is a given that the CNN 'moderators' will simply be trying to start a fight between Trump and Cruz, or Cruz and Rubio.

Hopefully none of them will fall for it.

but the media has zero interest in showing any Republican in a good light.

Can CNN Get Cage Match It Wants?

Edited by B-Man