Time For A Serious Discussion Re Illegal Immigration

Both liberals and conservatives suggest fining businesses....

Wonder how lobbyists feel.

I'm not just talking about fining them. Fining people is what liberals do to get lobbyists to fund their campaigns.

I'm talking about really going after these businesses aggressively. Physically show up on their doorsteps or, as the case is blatantly obvious in California, in their fields.

One by one. If they have illegals, shut them down and line them up for an audit. Move on to the next field. Shut them down and line them up for an audit.

Watch what happens after three months of this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides this OP being completely racist - "The following link will state that by 2050 this country will be 29% Hispanic. "As a country, are we ok with this?" What? or better WTF? Are we Ok with Jews coming, or blacks?....maybe these people are just ...humans....

I wonder if the Natives were posting in the 1500's..."you know by 1700 88 percent of this country is going to be Euro?"....

As well - Who is "we" - us white immigrants?....divinely guided to an already inhabited by the land becuase God wanted us to have it? Or are you Native American?

Why don't you do some homework and start with some facts...like the fact that net Mexican immigration in the US has NOT CHANGED over the last 8 years,,,,that;s right as many have left as have come in.....so much for that porous border huh?

Maybe these "latins" (is that what us "Merican's officially call them) - are citizens and are having kids....you do know - you have to be a citizen to vote right?

This is the knee jerk, simple minded reaction that I would expect from you. Everyone else took my OP seriously and responded in kind. You, on the other hand, tried to smear me with the racists comment and turn this thread into something that it was never intended to be. Well, it should be obvious from the other comments that you have failed. As far as your other remarks I would respond and point out your ignorance but frankly speaking you are not worth my time. There isn't much worse than a sheep in a wolf's clothing.

Did someone really just suggest genocide as a solution to porous borders?

Seriously? Did that actually just happen?

You bleeding heart.

What would you have Americans do? Watch these illegals sneak into the country and pump out their anchor babies, with each baby allowing the parents to grab more welfare money even though the parents are illegal? And then should Americans watch these anchor babies grow up to become adults with conferred citizenship (simply because their parents illegally snuck in) who can vote for more welfare for themselves and pump out more babies who will then grow up to vote for more welfare, etc etc etc?

No, sir, that family tree needs to be pruned and pruned from the top where the original sin occurred.

Do you deny that to preserve the future health of this republic, my Hola-caust idea is better than trying to "win them over." I can't see how you'd disagree, but maybe you ARE an Hola-caust denier.

Edited by Ozymandius

You bleeding heart.

What would you have Americans do? Watch these illegals sneak into the country and pump out their anchor babies, with each baby allowing the parents to grab more welfare money even though the parents are illegal? And then should Americans watch these anchor babies grow up to become adults with conferred citizenship (simply because their parents illegally snuck in) who can vote for more welfare for themselves and pump out more babies who will then grow up to vote for more welfare, etc etc etc?

No, sir, that family tree needs to be pruned and pruned from the top where the original sin occurred.

Do you deny that to preserve the future health of this republic, my Hola-caust idea is better than trying to "win them over." I can't see how you'd disagree, but maybe you ARE an Hola-caust denier.

A) You were wearing a white sheet and matching hood as you typed this;

B) You have posted the ultimate troll comment;

C) You are one sick puppy; or

D) All of the above.

I'm not just talking about fining them. Fining people is what liberals do to get lobbyists to fund their campaigns.

I'm talking about really going after these businesses aggressively. Physically show up on their doorsteps or, as the case is blatantly obvious in California, in their fields.

One by one. If they have illegals, shut them down and line them up for an audit. Move on to the next field. Shut them down and line them up for an audit.

This... I run a pretty decent sized landscaping company in Virginia.

I don't have a hidden house packed full of illegals who I pay 5.00 a hour to do my dirty work like some of the big boys do as they rake in 30-50k a month. It's so blatant and no government entity seems to give a shhhhhhhht.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I was more thinking fines would be a first strike sort of thing, second strike is either larger fines, or audits, third strike arrests... something along those lines. Fines are the easiest way of saying "we see you, don't do this" and I feel like most people would get the message unless the fine was less than what they save by using illegals (hence make the fines a decent chunk of money), and then go from there for the worse cases.

You can tell by how those laws don't get passed.

Always frustrating.

You bleeding heart.

I think you are being a tad harsh. Before going full-on Hitler maybe we could come up with a modified version of your plan. We pass a law making it illegal for illegals to have a baby on U.S. soil. In order to gain widespread support for this plan we throw a bone to the libs and offer free abortions to any illegals. Everyone is satisfied. We conservatives get our desire to reduce the influx and creation of new dem voters, the libs get their baby skull crushing lust fulfilled and Planned Parenthood gets more baby parts to sell while simultaneously losing their government funding.

OR

We forbid citizenship for any baby born to illegals on U.S soil and aggressively make immigration raids and deport the illegals while fining the schit out of the employers and/or giving them some jail time.

I am unwilling to risk the future of this republic on the gamble that Jeb and/or future Republican leaders can convince Hispanics to vote for them.

Progressives are just too good at identity politics. I mean, Republicans have gradually lost the Asian vote over the years. If the GOP can't even get Asians to vote for them, what hope do they have to convince Hispanics?

And if you try the "win them over" strategy and lose, that's a wrap for this country. The future will belong to progressivism -- loss of freedoms, disastrous economics, and imprisonment of Evangelical Christians.

No, I have zero belief in the "win them over" strategy. Any solution to the problem of illegal immigration must involve reducing their present numbers in the USA, not just stopping the influx.

And when I say "reducing their present numbers," I mean by any means necessary. Do you love America? Then I have one word for you: Hola-caust.

You bleeding heart.

Did Tom's post above go over your head? Wrap your head around the concept of immigration and illegal immigration. The reason there's illegal immigration is the simplicity of laws not keeping up with the economic demand for cheap unskilled labor. You cannot bottle up the natural laws of supply & demand, just like you can't realistically contain expanding gas in a container.

As to the hideous final solution to the immigration problem, keep fighting the demographic tide and continue to alienate the fastest growing demographic. So by your admission, you don't want to win over Hispanics, you lost Asians and certainly blacks. With an attitude like that, tell me again how GOP will win a national election?

Did Tom's post above go over your head? Wrap your head around the concept of immigration and illegal immigration. The reason there's illegal immigration is the simplicity of laws not keeping up with the economic demand for cheap unskilled labor. You cannot bottle up the natural laws of supply & demand, just like you can't realistically contain expanding gas in a container.

As to the hideous final solution to the immigration problem, keep fighting the demographic tide and continue to alienate the fastest growing demographic. So by your admission, you don't want to win over Hispanics, you lost Asians and certainly blacks. With an attitude like that, tell me again how GOP will win a national election?

Genocide. That's how.

I was more thinking fines would be a first strike sort of thing, second strike is either larger fines, or audits, third strike arrests... something along those lines. Fines are the easiest way of saying "we see you, don't do this" and I feel like most people would get the message unless the fine was less than what they save by using illegals (hence make the fines a decent chunk of money), and then go from there for the worse cases.

Progressively slapping their wrist just a little bit harder does nothing. This isn't an 8-year-old who needs how to say 'please' and 'thank you.' These are thriving businesses lining their pockets with the money they're not using for payroll taxes, and donating a lot of that money to liberal politicians to keep the borders open and the labor cheap.

Go in. Fine them big. Shut them down. Audit them. Then get the next farmer. And the next motel. And the next construction site.

Why would you NOT want to go full Elliot Ness on them? What would your reasoning possibly be?

Progressively slapping their wrist just a little bit harder does nothing. This isn't an 8-year-old who needs how to say 'please' and 'thank you.' These are thriving businesses lining their pockets with the money they're not using for payroll taxes, and donating a lot of that money to liberal politicians to keep the borders open and the labor cheap.

Go in. Fine them big. Shut them down. Audit them. Then get the next farmer. And the next motel. And the next construction site.

Why would you NOT want to go full Elliot Ness on them? What would your reasoning possibly be?

You answered your own question: " donating a lot of that money to liberal politicians"

I don't think these businesses are skirting taxes on these employees.

You bleeding heart.

You're a special kind of asshat.

This... I run a pretty decent sized landscaping company in Virginia.

I don't have a hidden house packed full of illegals who I pay 5.00 a hour to do my dirty work like some of the big boys do as they rake in 30-50k a month. It's so blatant and no government entity seems to give a shhhhhhhht.

Of course the government cares. Who do you think spent your money putting up that "Day Laborer Pick Up" sign at the spot where the illegals congregate every morning?

Ted Cruz and other Senate Republicans are pushing an aggressive immigration crackdown, proposing tougher penalties against foreigners who repeatedly try to enter the United States illegally.

But there’s stiff resistance — from fellow Republicans.

The GOP rift — a drama that’s playing out within the Senate Judiciary Committee — has opened up around the question of mandatory minimums, a sensitive topic that’s also central to the broader debate on Capitol Hill about reforming the nation’s criminal justice system.

And the divide could undermine Republican attempts to respond to the death of Kathryn Steinle last month on a San Francisco pier, allegedly by an undocumented immigrant from Mexico — a killing that’s ignited the issue of immigration in Congress and on the campaign trail.

On one side are Republicans such as Cruz, who’s promoted his so-called Kate’s Law on the 2016 stage, powerful Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa, and Sen. Jeff Sessions of Alabama, who commands significant influence on immigration among hard-liners. They are all lobbying for legislation that would enact a mandatory minimum prison sentence of five years for immigrants who try to re-enter the country illegally after being deported.

“It is legislation that ought to pass 100 to nothing,” Cruz told POLITICO in a brief interview. “Every senator, Republican and Democrat, should support keeping this nation safe from criminal illegal aliens.”

Throw them in prison? Will their families get green cards to come visit them?

The immigration debate is one I don't understand. Anytime a politician wants to tighten up the border or throw out the criminals or whatever he is painted as a racist who hates brown people. However, I never see the other side favor open borders which would seem to be the alternative to keeping people out, let them all in.

Why do Republicans hate amnesty so much? Reagan did it. Seems they would like it if their patron saint did it.