RIP Curtis Brown

eball

If I remember correctly, on Sept 24, 1978, my first Bills game, Curtis returned a 104 yard kickoff straight at my scoreboard endzone seat for a TD. The Bills won 24-10 and as a result, I will never forget that moment in my personal Bills history.

One of my favorite '70's Bills. Got to meet him once when he and one of the DBs (Mario Clark maybe?) visited my school. He seemed to be having a great time as a pro football player--very much a shame how that ended up hurting him in the longer run.

RIP Mr. Brown

During the season, he lived in my cousins neighborhood. During a visit from California (I think it was the season where he lead the Bills in rushing / '79), they were going to knock on his door so I could get an autograph (or whatever they had planned). Me, being a shy kid of 11, didn't want to go up. So it didn't happen, thus a big regret. He always a favorite of mine. RIP Curtis Brown.

Dead at 60...Curtis was an underrated "role playing" RB for the Chuck Knox-era Bills.

Oh my gosh! Terrible news. No doubt he was underrated! I can still hear Van Miller yelling his name as he slashes off-tackle for 8 yards! I loved this guy on the Chuck Knox teams. And those were some wonderful teams. RIP sir... You will never be forgotten...

Honestly, I can't believe this thread isn't three pages yet. That is pretty sad news as well. Maybe too many of you are too young to remember..

Honestly, I can't believe this thread isn't three pages yet.

I was thinking the same thing...Brown took over OJ's HB slot when OJ was traded to SF and was a member of the '80-'81 Knox playoff teams. Brown had a nice, solid career in Buffalo and was taken much too soon.