Tebow Throwing a Football (Without Looking Like A Lunatic)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Replacing Barkley with Tebow would already be an upgrade at #3 qb for them. He can't possibly look any worse than Barkley has on that team. If nothing else, you know Tebow can get you TD drive or two with his running ability alone. Barkley has looked completely lost in the NFL.

Tim Tebow is a leader of men, it's as simple as that.

He is a man of God, and he speaks from his soul.

He took a team of absolutely spiritually broken boys at Florida to a championship.

People say "look what Peyton Manning did with those same Broncos".

I see what Peyton Manning did with those same Broncos--exactly the same thing that Tim Tebow did with the Broncos: win a playoff game or two, and then lose to a better team the next round.

Peyton Manning, arguably the best QB, did exactly the same thing, with pretty much the same (if not a slightly better) Broncos team.

Does that not make Tim Tebow, by default, equivalent to Peyton?

Statistics are the pursuit of science, which by default, stand in opposition to that which can't be quantified.

People will say, "Yes, but look at the scores! The Broncos won games with Tebow at QB scoring only 10 points a game!".

It is similar to another quarterback who also was seen as a "game manager" for a dominant defense: Trent Dilfer.

Dilfer is also similar to Tebow, sharing his open love for God.

People like to criticize these two men for being "bad" quarterbacks, yet they are phenomenal quarterbacks. They are able to rally a diverse group of men, and lead them to a greater cause, through their belief in God.

Rather than criticize Tim Tebow for his throwing mechanics or lack of "football skill",

One should appreciate a man who invites no glory upon himself, and uses his platform to praise God, and uses that faith to take an otherwise "NFL-irrelevant skill set," and achieve pretty much the exact same result as "the greatest quarterback of all time", when given his only opportunity ever at the NFL level to lead a group of men.

I want you to read that sentence again and ask yourself what it is that keeps you from wanting him on your team?

He took a team of absolutely spiritually broken boys at Florida to a championship.

I see what Peyton Manning did with those same Broncos--exactly the same thing that Tim Tebow did with the Broncos: win a playoff game or two, and then lose to a better team the next round.

Peyton Manning, arguably the best QB, did exactly the same thing, with pretty much the same (if not a slightly better) Broncos team.

Statistics are the pursuit of science, which by default, stand in opposition to that which can't be quantified.

People will say, "Yes, but look at the scores! The Broncos won games with Tebow at QB scoring only 10 points a game!".

It is similar to another quarterback who also was seen as a "game manager" for a dominant defense: Trent Dilfer.

People like to criticize these two men for being "bad" quarterbacks, yet they are phenomenal quarterbacks. They are able to rally a diverse group of men, and lead them to a greater cause, through their belief in God.

Rather than criticize Tim Tebow for his throwing mechanics or lack of "football skill",

One should appreciate a man who invites no glory upon himself, and uses his platform to praise God, and uses that faith to take an otherwise "NFL-irrelevant skill set," and achieve pretty much the exact same result as "the greatest quarterback of all time", when given his only opportunity ever at the NFL level to lead a group of men.

I want you to read that sentence again and ask yourself what it is that keeps you from wanting him on your team?

Well said.

He went 7-4 with Denver in the regular season (Including 5 wins coming when opponents scored 10 points twice and 13 points twice, and 15 points once clearly defense was the factor) and got lucky that despite losing in week 17 (with a win and your in caveat, and the Chiefs only scoring 7 points) that the Chargers beat the Raiders in week 17 to send the Broncos to the playoffs. Also the Broncos lost to the Bills 40-17 week 16 that year. Then in the playoffs after beating a Steelers (A team that completely played into the Broncos hands) the Broncos got smoked by the Pats* round 2 by a score of 45-10.

That's not a very impressive run if you ask me. The Broncos were such a stacked team that once Peyton Manning got there in 2012 they ran off a 13-3 record and had great years in 2013 and 2014. So stop with this "All this guy does is win crap", Tons of mediocre QB's have piggy backed off of great defenses to have a good stretch. But the Jets traded for him and he couldn't out duel Sanchez, the Pats* kings of reclamation projects couldn't do anything with him. I don't think he was blackballed. Teams understood context and what their eyes were telling them. The Broncos jumped on the chance to get Manning and dump a bad QB for a good one. Tebow didn't get any interest as a starter and landed on a team looking for a QB competition. He fizzled out on the Jets and then got another chance on the Pats* who passed on him. Hardly a blackball simple career progression.

I understand that Philly after a year or two of working on his mechanics might be a better situation for him. But don't think he got rubbed out of the league for no reason.

HS? Winner

Florida? Winner

Denver? Winner

Yes teams do get wins off of the defense, hence our 9-7 record last season. Everyone has their own opinion on people, but you can't take away from his accomplishments playing football. If you don't like him so what. I said "I" have rooted for the guy. I said "I" found his run with the Broncos fun to watch. You run out the 7-4 record over 16 and you're likely looking at 11-5 or 10-6. I said from my own perspective that it seemed he was blackballed and yes it really does seem people have an ax to grind with this guy. Yes he washed out with other teams and now I think he's in a good spot that fits his skill set. Good for him and I hope he gets a chance to put it together on the field.

HS? Winner

Florida? Winner

Denver? Winner

Yes teams do get wins off of the defense, hence our 9-7 record last season. Everyone has their own opinion on people, but you can't take away from his accomplishments playing football. If you don't like him so what. I said "I" have rooted for the guy. I said "I" found his run with the Broncos fun to watch. You run out the 7-4 record over 16 and you're likely looking at 11-5 or 10-6. I said from my own perspective that it seemed he was blackballed and yes it really does seem people have an ax to grind with this guy. Yes he washed out with other teams and now I think he's in a good spot that fits his skill set. Good for him and I hope he gets a chance to put it together on the field.

Tim Tebow succeeds when he is given a chance to lead by example, not simply asked to throw a football.

Of course he fizzled in NY: He wasn't the starter, and Rex Ryan was the leader.

Of course he fizzled in NE: He wasn't the starter, and Bill Beliceck is the leader.

The narrow mind views leadership from a quarterback position as: "how well does he throw the football".

The "expanded" mind of science views leadership from a quarterback position as: "under what circumstances does he throw the football well"

A different view point would be that leadership from a quarterback involves much more than what he does with a football, but what he does with a football team: is he the first one there, or the first one to leave? does he complain about work in the morning, or does he tell jokes and put people at ease? is he partying on saturday night, or having his team mates over for dinner and Halo? does he gossip about the coach, or openly support the leader of the organization and expect his teammates to as well? does he speak with love, or with jealousy and fear? is he a man worth believing in? is he a man of god?

Men like that have the innate ability to lead other men. It's why Tim Tebow wins championships. It's why he had the exact same results as the greatest quarterback of all time when given the reigns.

lol. He was never "blackballed." The media circus that followed him just became too big of a distraction for any team to want to deal with. It got to the point that the media distractions that came with him weren't worth the marginal skills he brought as a qb. If it's a guy like Peyton, Rogers, Brady, etc, then yeah, you deal with the distraction because those types of guys can win you a Super Bowl. But the Tebow if two years ago? Sorry, not worth it.

Perhaps Chip feels now that after two years of Tebow working hard with a throwing coach to improve his mechanics and accuracy, he's worth another look, and possibly worth dealing with the circus that follows him. Or perhaps he feels that if kept as only a 3rd string qb, the media won't be nearly as interested as before.

Tim Tebow succeeds when he is given a chance to lead by example, not simply asked to throw a football.

Of course he fizzled in NY: He wasn't the starter, and Rex Ryan was the leader.

Of course he fizzled in NE: He wasn't the starter, and Bill Beliceck is the leader.

The narrow mind views leadership from a quarterback position as: "how well does he throw the football".

The "expanded" mind of science views leadership from a quarterback position as: "under what circumstances does he throw the football well"

A different view point would be that leadership from a quarterback involves much more than what he does with a football, but what he does with a football team: is he the first one there, or the first one to leave? does he complain about work in the morning, or does he tell jokes and put people at ease? is he partying on saturday night, or having his team mates over for dinner and Halo? does he gossip about the coach, or openly support the leader of the organization and expect his teammates to as well? does he speak with love, or with jealousy and fear? is he a man worth believing in? is he a man of god?

Men like that have the innate ability to lead other men. It's why Tim Tebow wins championships. It's why he had the exact same results as the greatest quarterback of all time when given the reigns.

Cool story, bro.

I remember that heroic performance as a leader of men against the pathetic Buffalo Bills in December of 2011. I believe the 6-10 Bills turned him over four times and won by 20+.

God has nothing to do with it.

lol @ anyone comparing Tebow to Peyton though. I know some of you have wood for the guy because he prays to the same God that you do, but c'mon now. There's no comparison at all. They both play qb. That's pretty much where the similarities end.

Funny how people say the Bills have no QB. What does Philly have? Bupkus.

Injury concerns aside, I would happily take Bradford over anything the Bills currently have on their roster. If he can stay healthy, he's going to turn a lot of heads now that he has a decent team around him.

Edited by KDS73

Agreed Tebow appears to be a leader of men. But so is Jack Welch. So are Obama and McCain and none of them can be an NFL QB.

Word has been that Tebow really did have a problem with his delivery, and it really does seem like he may well have fixed that.

But that was never his main problem. His main problem has been reported as not being able to carefully diagnose defenses, understand route trees and offensive schemes on a deep level and use that knowledge to make extremely quick correct decisions with much consistency. He's addressed the delivery. That wasn't the hard part.

I'm rooting for him. The more good players the NFL has, the more exciting the product becomes. I have deep doubts he'll ever amount to as much as so many people hope he will.

Wow. Tebow might be a leader of men. I'm not sure. I've never seen him in a locker room, let alone a huddle. As an ex-army guy, I'd really like to see a guy when bullets are flying before I call him a leader.

As far as him being equivalent to Manning, you observe the flaw in that comparison yourself: Tebow was only scoring 10 points a game!

Tebow completed less than half his passes with the Broncos! His QBR (which measures how much a QB contributes to an offense) in 2011 when he started 14 games was paltry 29.5! EJ's worst year wasn't that bad.

The Broncos didn't win because of Tebow, they won despite Tebow.

People should not mock Tebow because of his faith. But people shouldn't exaggerate his football acumen because of faith either. The guy's just not very good. Even his QB guru, Tom House, says his passing - while much improved - is still not elite.

Tim seems like a nice young man and I wish him success. I hope House really did help his ability to throw with accuracy. But I'm glad Tebow's not a Bill. We have enough mediocre QBs already.

This weird pontification is more than offset by the much greater success of Tom Brady, who drinks the blood of virgins, and sacrifices small kittens on the Altar of Satan. :devil:

Tebow's mechanics have clearly changed. Video can be found by scrolling down in the story.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/07/23/tim-tebow-philadelphia-eagles-tom-house-quarterback-coach/30575803/

Obviously it will remain to be seen whether he can maintain consistency under stress. But this video is the first time I have ever seen him throw a football without the ridiculous exaggerated windup.

Would much rather have him than tyrod who has done zero in the league.

Considering Tebow has been working on his mechanics for the past three yrs it should be better. He will probably win the job there and end up winning a SB as long as Kelly is running the show.