Arizona Cardinals hire female coach

Good for them. Hopefully she has the credentials and does well with the Cards.

There could be worse things in sports than having more positive female role models in the sports world. As a father of two girls it would be nice for them to see more of that.

Interesting.

There is no skill set in football that the right woman couldn't teach.

The problem, of course, is that most women don't have the background as players or college coaches to land NFL gigs. And that's a huge obstacle with no obvious/easy solution.

Congrats to Jen Welter

This interview with her is making me love her. I get excited just listening to her talk about tackling technique. We have the same rugby background and the same philosophy on teaching tackling as an art form.

The innuendo is also absolutely hilarious.

Blondie at 1:34... That had to have been a set up. There's no way she said that legitimately.

This interview with her is making me love her. I get excited just listening to her talk about tackling technique. We have the same rugby background and the same philosophy on teaching tackling as an art form.

The innuendo is also absolutely hilarious.

Is the 6'8" woman she faced in woman's league available? We could give her shot on practice squad.

Interesting.

There is no skill set in football that the right woman couldn't teach.

The problem, of course, is that most women don't have the background as players or college coaches to land NFL gigs. And that's a huge obstacle with no obvious/easy solution.

Congrats to Jen Welter

She did play in an indoor league. There are few options for women to play football. I hope she does well. Coaching is about strategy and motivation and talent management. It takes leadership. If she has those skills she's ahead of a number of coaches who've recently darkened the doorways of the Ralph :D