Iran Nuclear Deal Reached

In summary, Iran will be allowed to refine as much Uranium as it wants, to any grade it wants, as long as they promise not to stockpile it.

They are also allowed to buy missile technology, including ICBM's, but must comply to inspections for eight years.

This is like giving a toddler a gun and telling him he's not allowed to pull the trigger.

The Bills better win the Super Bowl soon.

I thought I had several more decades to witness that event if I ate healthy and exercised and stuff.

Nope.

Forget the salary cap for future seasons. Just backload the crap out of every deal and put a winner on the field.

Mods, please move this thread to the main TSW forum. TIA.

Broaden your scope - the deal has been generally praised

Everything Obama does is generally praised...until the details come out. And you can quickly see people in his own party showing caution, because they know once the Rose Garden speech is done and Barry's on the back nine, they're left to defend it. People like Schumer. And Gillibrand.

Or do you need links to, y'know, broaden your scope?

Why. It seems like only yesterday everyone praised Barry for trading five hostages for an military deserter.

Broaden your scope - the deal has been generally praised

The deal's being generally praised because it was reached. Not because it's any good - I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about a single detail of it yet. It's all "Huzzah! We made a deal!"

The deal's being generally praised because it was reached. Not because it's any good - I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about a single detail of it yet. It's all "Huzzah! We made a deal!"

You know what else was generally praised?

The Edsel.

You know what else was generally praised?

The Edsel.

The only praise I ever heard for the Edsel was "You could put some hair on the front and call it the Ethel."

Someone'll probably need to explain that to baskin and gatorman.

The deal has been generally praised? Yeah, sure if you had worked for a left leaning administration or foreign policy think tank or if you are European.

From what I've read, the deal legitimizes Iran's right to pursue nuclear technology and research on advanced centrifuges after the 8th year and unlimited production on nuclear fuel in the next 15 years. It lifts the weapons embargo for import and export not only on conventional weapons but ballistic missiles. Even The presidents Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of state just last week thought that was a horrible idea. It Frees up over a hundred billion dollars to a regime that is hell bent on expanding it's dominance in the region through proxies. They are actively fighting against forces we support on a couple different fronts and will undoubtedly only get worse.

The president says that we will have unfettered access to their nuclear sites, even though that was a patently false statement, we have to ask for permission to gain entry and they still would have the ability to delay those visits.

Do you really believe that countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Syria etc will just sit idle? This will only accelerate the possibility of a nuclear arms race.

What about our allies in the middle east? You think this will help our relationships with them? What about those Sunnis in Iraq that are not fans of ISIS but dislike the Shias even more? A lot of these Sunnis are the ones we hope become part of the resistance to ISIS, but with a deal like this it only makes it less likely.

There are so many things to pick a part with this deal, it's ridiculous.

The deal has been generally praised? Yeah, sure if you had worked for a left leaning administration or foreign policy think tank or if you are European.

From what I've read, the deal legitimizes Iran's right to pursue nuclear technology and research on advanced centrifuges after the 8th year and unlimited production on nuclear fuel in the next 15 years. It lifts the weapons embargo for import and export not only on conventional weapons but ballistic missiles. Even The presidents Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of state just last week thought that was a horrible idea. It Frees up over a hundred billion dollars to a regime that is hell bent on expanding it's dominance in the region through proxies. They are actively fighting against forces we support on a couple different fronts and will undoubtedly only get worse.

The president says that we will have unfettered access to their nuclear sites, even though that was a patently false statement, we have to ask for permission to gain entry and they still would have the ability to delay those visits.

Do you really believe that countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Syria etc will just sit idle? This will only accelerate the possibility of a nuclear arms race.

What about our allies in the middle east? You think this will help our relationships with them? What about those Sunnis in Iraq that are not fans of ISIS but dislike the Shias even more? A lot of these Sunnis are the ones we hope become part of the resistance to ISIS, but with a deal like this it only makes it less likely.

There are so many things to pick a part with this deal, it's ridiculous.

I'll just disagree with "myself" here. I think the general idea here is to ease tensions in the area. I sort of see this more as a "Nixon going to China" moment. The things you pointed out about this helping Iran in its proxy wars could be true, or it could be the first step in reeling those things.

One aspect of the prospective agreement states that if the nuclear energy inspectors wish to examine a site they must ask Iran's permission. If Iran refuses, a committee will be formed and the matter taken under consideration.

Aretha Franklin said it best, "Who's zoomin' who?"

One aspect of the prospective agreement states that if the nuclear energy inspectors wish to examine a site they must ask Iran's permission. If Iran refuses, a committee will be formed and the matter taken under consideration.

DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!

Any deal's better than NO deal!

Like I said, Barry is "generally praised" whenever he does something like this, until people start looking at the details, and then the critics are suddenly heard. It started with Obamacare and Stimulus, and continues to this day.

I would suggest his legacy is in the schitter, but by the time the left gets done purging the country of anything tied to a confederate flag, Barry will be known as the greatest president ever simply because he managed to get all other presidents disqualified as presidents.

Kinda like how he won the Senate.

Given all the trouble in that part of the world, a large explosion which enlarges the Mediterranean sea and turns Africa into a large Island might not be a horrible thing. On the other hand, it might be better for the rest of us if all of those inhabitants stayed put.

I'll just disagree with "myself" here. I think the general idea here is to ease tensions in the area. I sort of see this more as a "Nixon going to China" moment. The things you pointed out about this helping Iran in its proxy wars could be true, or it could be the first step in reeling those things.

So this whole thing was just done to ease tensions in the area ? And it's the same as Nixon going to China?? So this whole deal was just to open up conversations? Welcome back ya tool! :thumbsup:

Obama mouthpieces go full gatorman on MSNBC, telling untruths to get buy-in.

This deal looks like a real winner.

National Review breaks it down, and...well...remember what I said about how everything Obama does is 'generally praised' until details are released?

But look on the bright side. It's probably better that we directly help Iran develop it's nuclear technology. I mean...what could go wrong?

So one "ally" operates a decades old occupation and ethnic cleansing campaign while killing kids on the beach playing soccer and whole families in UN shelters with high tech weapons, and the other was characterized by our state department as "a cash machine for terrorists", and we're supposed to give a $#&@ what they say?

Edited by JTSP

So one "ally" operates a decades old occupation and ethnic cleansing campaign while killing kids on the beach playing soccer and whole families in UN shelters with high tech weapons, and the other was characterized by our state department as "a cash machine for terrorists", and we're supposed to give a $#&@ what they say?

Yes, the Israelis are an advanced civilization that positively contributes to the world who happens to be surrounded by a bunch of religious fanatics who wish them harm. Whereas the leadership of the Iranians want to expand their reach by investing in terrorist proxies throughout the region so that they can destabilize the Middle East in order to gain more power. Not surprising that you side with the country who chants "Death to America"

Yes, the Israelis are an advanced civilization that positively contributes to the world who happens to be surrounded by a bunch of religious fanatics who wish them harm. Whereas the leadership of the Iranians want to expand their reach by investing in terrorist proxies throughout the region so that they can destabilize the Middle East in order to gain more power. Not surprising that you side with the country who chants "Death to America"

JTSP has been very clear: the only good Jew is a dead Jew.

Unlike gatorman, who is open to his dead people being either Jewish or American.