NFL exec: McCoy over Murray every time

i feel like thats stretching it. no one is worried about miles on him week 1 of this year but here or with the eagles a 5 year deal is a big commitment to a guy with a lot of carries. thats not to say hes over the hill, but even you must admit hes had a ton of touches.

Oh, I fully admit he has a lot of carries. What I was trying to say was no one was concerned about that number, especially in Philly, until the trade. It was never an issue because of the way he ran and his lack of injuries in the NFL. But as soon as he got dealt to Buffalo, that narrative changed to McCoy not only having a lot of miles -- but being on the decline.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I fully admit he has a lot of carries. What I was trying to say was no one was concerned about that number, especially in Philly, until the trade. It was never an issue because of the way he ran and his lack of injuries in the NFL. But as soon as he got dealt to Buffalo, that narrative changed to McCoy not only having a lot of miles -- but being on the decline.

I would also like to point out that McCoy's "decline" year was for 1300 yards. He'd had a record year the year before but I wish all of our RBs "declined" like that.

i feel like thats stretching it. no one is worried about miles on him week 1 of this year but here or with the eagles a 5 year deal is a big commitment to a guy with a lot of carries. thats not to say hes over the hill, but even you must admit hes had a ton of touches.

Isn't it only three years worth of guaranteed money? Which is all that matters anymore.

i might go McCoy if I draft late in the first. At some point all the bellcow RBs are gone and its RBBC.

I really like McCoy from a fantasy perspective esp if you are PPR. For one the Bills defense is going to be good enough where they will be in close games thus they will most likely be running the ball throughout the game. Bills O-line is a concern but I think Kujo and InCog will be useful additions along with an improvement in coaching and scheme. The Bills also will likely have a conservative passing game and will be dumping it down to McCoy a lot.

I would also like to point out that McCoy's "decline" year was for 1300 yards. He'd had a record year the year before but I wish all of our RBs "declined" like that.

I'd also like to point out that the Eagles offensive line was decimated by injuries and suspensions. The narrative in Philly is that McCoy didn't fit Chip's system and danced too much...but nobody had that issue the year before when he had half a line...in Chip's system. The way Eagle fans have thrown him aside and speak about him as though he were a bum is disgraceful. He didn't ask to be traded, in fact he was pissed when he was.

I'd also like to point out that the Eagles offensive line was decimated by injuries and suspensions. The narrative in Philly is that McCoy didn't fit Chip's system and danced too much...but nobody had that issue the year before when he had half a line...in Chip's system. The way Eagle fans have thrown him aside and speak about him as though he were a bum is disgraceful. He didn't ask to be traded, in fact he was pissed when he was.

:beer:

Well, McCoy avoids contact like the plague, so I guess he does have that going for him. His body isn't as beaten up as Murray's. But McCoy relies on speed and elusiveness to get his yards. When guys like that start to lose a step, the fall is usually hard and fast.

Guess it all depends on what kind of offense you want to run. If it's a ground and pound style offense, Murray is my choice every time. But if it's more a west coast offense where the RB will be catching the ball a lot too, I'd go with McCoy easily. He's deadly in open space and makes guys miss.

Kiko plus Murray is greater than Shady. The eagles improved their team. So did the Bills.

They were also able to sign Ryan Mathews because of the McCoy trade. They now have a young stud linebacker and the scariest rb corp in the league because of that trade. Not bad at all.

Edited by KDS73

Well, McCoy avoids contact like the plague, so I guess he does have that going for him. His body isn't as beaten up as Murray's. But McCoy relies on speed and elusiveness to get his yards. When guys like that start to lose a step, the fall is usually hard and fast.

Guess it all depends on what kind of offense you want to run. If it's a ground and pound style offense, Murray is my choice every time. But if it's more a west coast offense where the RB will be catching the ball a lot too, I'd go with McCoy easily. He's deadly in open space and makes guys miss.

They were also able to sign Ryan Mathews because of the McCoy trade. They now have a young stud linebacker and the scariest rb corp in the league because of that trade. Not bad at all.

None of us have seen Kiko play since his second ACL injury to the same knee. Is he 100%? Will he be able to get back to the same level? Assuming he comes back at 100% is hopeful at a minimum.

Ryan Matthews hasn't been able to stay healthy for his whole career so assuming that he will be healthy this year is again, hopeful.

bull ****. The only team that fears Romo is rhe Cowboys.

Great comment. The fans in TX that I know also fear Romo and would be happy to move him to which I have only ever replied with our starter for your straight up.

Great comment. The fans in TX that I know also fear Romo and would be happy to move him to which I have only ever replied with our starter for your straight up.

there are only a handful of teams whose fans are actually happy with their QB. Andy Dalton played in the celebrity softball game in Cincy before the all-star game and was mercilessly booed. Broncos fans can't wait for manning to retire. Charges fans think Rivers is done. I don't know how it feels to hate my playoff franchise QB. I want to hate my franchise Playoff QB.

Kiko plus Murray is greater than Shady. The eagles improved their team. So did the Bills.

Kiko is a joke. So overrated it's not funny. Damaged goods and way over-hyped.

there are only a handful of teams whose fans are actually happy with their QB. Andy Dalton played in the celebrity softball game in Cincy before the all-star game and was mercilessly booed. Broncos fans can't wait for manning to retire. Charges fans think Rivers is done. I don't know how it feels to hate my playoff franchise QB. I want to hate my franchise Playoff QB.

LOL I want to hate my franchise Playoff QB also. In fact some of us already do! :devil: But I still have hope in EJ.

Or Tyrod.

Or

None of us have seen Kiko play since his second ACL injury to the same knee. Is he 100%? Will he be able to get back to the same level? Assuming he comes back at 100% is hopeful at a minimum.

Ryan Matthews hasn't been able to stay healthy for his whole career so assuming that he will be healthy this year is again, hopeful.

Yeah, I think Chip Kelly has a lot of faith in his sports science program to get guys healthy. Which, I have to admit, seems to be working for the most part. Worked wonders for Jeremy Maclin last year anyway. He was coming off his second ACL tear in the same knee and had a great year.

Funny how no one in Buffalo thought so until he got traded.

I think plenty of people thought that prior to his trade. Based on overall performance and games missed due to injury.