Dominant Displays: Jerry Hughes vs. Joe Thomas & the Browns

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1562214-dominant-displays-jerry-hughes-vs-browns

In Week 13, Jerry Hughes made Joe Thomas look like an ordinary offensive tackle. Here's a look back at some of his best plays from the game.

Great post thanks for the review.

For the first time I noticed Thomas after the fumble score. He's in the middle of the field looking very disappointed and thinking the play was dead. His hands are on his hips; he's shaking his head; and thinking about how he just got beat again (and called for his third holding penalty). Meanwhile Jerry is making the strip, picking up the ball, and starting to run towards the endzone.

It's so cool to have a Def Line where the weakest guy got double-digit sacks two years in a row.

I think it just makes more sense to say that there simply is no weakness on our starting DLine. All of the guys are essentially on the same level.

I just bought a Jerry Hughes jersey. Love his game and am pumped to rock the 55 to the opener when he reminds his old team what they gave up on.

I think this serves as a cautionary tale as to why fans and media shouldn't give up on EJ Manuel after only two seasons. Jerry Hughes was considered a 1st rd bust with the Colts. Was it the coaching? Was it him needing four years to come into his own? Both? Not sure. But Bills fans would have packed Hughes' bags for him if the Bills had drafted him and got the same 3 year very low production that Indy did.

Call me crazy, but I still think that Manuel can clear the bar and make that huge jump in production just like Hughes did. He's got two years of seasoning and now has new coaches, it could actually happen almost the same way for him.

I think this serves as a cautionary tale as to why fans and media shouldn't give up on EJ Manuel after only two seasons. Jerry Hughes was considered a 1st rd bust with the Colts. Was it the coaching? Was it him needing four years to come into his own? Both? Not sure. But Bills fans would have packed Hughes' bags for him if the Bills had drafted him and got the same 3 year very low production that Indy did.

Call me crazy, but I still think that Manuel can clear the bar and make that huge jump in production just like Hughes did. He's got two years of seasoning and now has new coaches, it could actually happen almost the same way for him.

While in theory that is true, and I actually hold out hope for it, pretty much everyone thought that Jerry Hughes was a top talent pass rusher coming out of college and had all the ability in the world to be a good pro.

There are a lot of people who thought EJ just didn't have what it takes to be a good pro despite size and arm and athleticism. The jury is still out. But Hughes was put in the wrong defense and was behind two top notch players. Just because he was considered a bust I'm not sure we can equate the two.

I'm hoping EJ actually does have what it takes. Just not sure at all and wouldn't bet on it.

While in theory that is true, and I actually hold out hope for it, pretty much everyone thought that Jerry Hughes was a top talent pass rusher coming out of college and had all the ability in the world to be a good pro.

There are a lot of people who thought EJ just didn't have what it takes to be a good pro despite size and arm and athleticism. The jury is still out. But Hughes was put in the wrong defense and was behind two top notch players. Just because he was considered a bust I'm not sure we can equate the two.

I'm hoping EJ actually does have what it takes. Just not sure at all and wouldn't bet on it.

Hughes was drafted 31st overall and seen as kind of a project type of player. He wasn't predicted to become the scary OLB he's turned into, if he was he'd have been a top 10 pick.

Granted, Manuel did not have as much of the scouts' backing as Hughes did, but there are similarities. Enough so that I certainly would not count out Manuel developing into a franchise QB along the lines of getting to a "Flacco" franchise QB level.

I think the huge key here is seeing how Manuel does with these new coaches. If there's a drastic improvement in Manuel's play then we can all start to get excited about where this team is going.