Bills Fans Ranked 28th

Stupid premise. Many tickets in larger cities are sold to corportate buyers who just treat it as a business expense. It's imposible to draw conclusions from that kind of economic disparity...

. Let's keep in perspective that it is conducted by a bunch of students with ZERO experience in the industry (at least I think but I only glanced at it).

Sadly, it wasn't. These guys should definitely know how to do better reseach than this....

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/about-us/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, it wasn't. These guys should definitely know how to do better reseach than this....

https://scholarblogs.emory.edu/esma/about-us/

At the very least it is done by guys with no industry experience. The sports business model is different. Tell me another business model where your assets are your liabilities? It's just different and these guys are idiots. Anyone that ranks Falcons fans ahead of Bills fans (done in Atlanta) knows nothing about football. Edited by Kirby Jackson

this is total utter BS. Bills fans are at least top 5, if not #1. I dare anyone to name a fan-base that would have multiple sellout games per year in a 72,000+ stadium if their team had not made the playoffs in 15 years. This is the only team that has fans that would do that. And a lot of Bills fans come from out of town for games, even during the 15 year playoff drought, and some (including me) sit through torrid 6-3 looses to the Browns when Dick Jauron is the HC.

Everyone here should pat themselves on the back. We are the best fans, and the NFL will see it when they see the Ralph rocking in the AFC Championship game!

Edited by RyanC883

As brutal as this article was, it should be noted that this, and the study it references, is entirely about marketing strategy, brand equity, and what it refers to as "fan equity." And, while it claims to adjust for market size, and income disparity among fans, as well as other economic factors, it only does so in a way that is relevant to marketing. There is no real metric for quality, or the "hard-core" nature of fandom beyond a fan's reliability as a profit center.

Yes smaller market share and less income to spend are signs of less fandom according to study; it is opposite of NFL revenue share program. Maybe Jerry Jones should ask Emory University to do study on NFL revenue share program to determine if it is 'fair' to high revenue teams. It will probably conclude that NFL should use 'trickle down' economics instead of revenue sharing.

One more thing, they factor in social media following (not engagement)!! I follow the Patriots does that make me a Pats fan?!?

Yes.

Yes smaller market share and less income to spend are signs of less fandom according to study; it is opposite of NFL revenue share program. Maybe Jerry Jones should ask Emory University to do study on NFL revenue share program to determine if it is 'fair' to high revenue teams. It will probably conclude that NFL should use 'trickle down' economics instead of revenue sharing.

Yes.

I follow every NFL team.

My wife thinks Im crazy being a Bills fan.

Steelers against reserves, Patriots Monday night ( thanks Mckelvin ), Monday night Dallas, KC ( Thanks Tuel ), 4 Superbowls ( thanks wide right ), Beating Pats 31-0 in week 1 and losing to Pats 31-0 in week 16. Knob Johnson, JP Loserman, Ryan Fitztragic........I wont even mention the Lateral.

Now this year we seem to have a stacked team and our go to guy at QB will be a career Journeyman.

Bills fans are the best. Everytime we think it cant get worse, it does!

Ive had so many premature Bills orgasm. I will wait until week 6 to decide if my heart goes for the ride or not......wait a minute, !@#$ it....Win week one and we are going 16-0 Baby!