More Good PR For Florida State QB's

LB3

Except it's not what happened as per video. This is a polar opposite of the "she was wearing a short skirt" defense. This is a defense of a drunken aggressive female who gets a pass simply because she's a female.

To me that's what it looks like happened. Whether her little fist ball was her gearing up to punch him or her pointing back behind her toward the bartenders is irrelevant - he committed the first invasion of space between the two of them by grabbing her arm.

It's not like her hand was at her side and she was looking a different direction when he grabbed her wrist. Again, you are looking at this situation sober, and from a better perspective angle-wise than this 19 year old kid had.

Whether her hand was at her side or up toward her head - he invaded her space before she ever did.

You mean after she balled up her fist in a punching position?

Is that what that was?

If I decided to punch everyone who's ever bumped into me like that or worse in a bar I'd have a 3 page list of people...its not that serious, and clearly she only acted the way she did because her sense of entitlement has taught her that nothing would happen and she would be protected by all the "White Knights" rushing to her defense

Unlike his sense of entitlement - "get out of my way, I need another drink."

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me that's what it looks like happened. Whether her little fist ball was her gearing up to punch him or her pointing back behind her toward the bartenders is irrelevant - he committed the first invasion of space between the two of them by grabbing her arm.

Whether her hand was at her side or up toward her head - he invaded her space before she ever did.

Is that what that was?

Unlike his sense of entitlement - "get out of my way, I need another drink."

Oh, you mean his attempt to slide by her, which was hindered by her excessive weight? I'm sure it wasn't the first time someone couldn't get by her, she should be used to it. Stop being a "White Knight" and watch what happened. If this was a guy, he would have been in jail right along with him.

Edited by matter2003

You guys can blame this girl all you want with the "She hit him first!" defense. It won't fly in a court of law because from a legal standpoint she did nothing wrong. Being a loudmouth isn't illegal.

Of course not for Florida State athletics department would be out of business.

Oh, you mean his attempt to slide by her, which was hindered by her excessive weight? I'm sure it wasn't the first time someone couldn't get by her, she should be used to it. Stop being a "White Knight" and watch what happened. If this was a guy, he would have been in jail right along with him.

I'm not going to go there.

Not being a "white knight" - I'm looking at the video impartially from a legal perspective.

Really just digging in, aren't you?

I'm not going to go there.

Not being a "white knight" - I'm looking at the video impartially from a legal perspective.

Certainly not impartially. Johnson makes more contact with the girl on his left. The blond is the one who smashes into the bar, pushes the guy to her right which makes him turn around. Johnson doesn't push the blonde directly. He initiated contact trying to squeeze through to the open spot at the bar, which she was blocking. If she got upset at that common occurrence in a crowded bar, then she's the one that has issues. And that was clear with how quickly she turned around to confront him and instigate the altercation. There was no bartender in sight, so you can't argue that she was pointing to the invisible bartender. You also don't know what she was saying, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't to wish him luck on the season.

From a female perspective I think she should be held accountable for her actions just as he was. His reaction was unjustifiable and he was dealt with appropriately by the school IMO, and any charges forthcoming could hold further punishment. But I spent my 20s in bars where you get shoved around and there is very little space to be claimed. If she doesn't like it, she should stay out of those kinds of bars. I never felt the need to act like this girl when in that situation and she should face appropriate consequences as well. The argument I keep seeing is that if anyone says she should be held accountable too that somehow that means that person also feels she is "to blame" for the QB hitting her or that he was somehow justified. In reality, I haven't seen anyone say that, but rather that her actions were independently inappropriate. Some of the nastiest fights I have seen in bars have been between drunk girls. I don't care how big they are, they can get vicious. Was he scared for his life? I doubt it, but she did appear to try to go after him so of course he should have walked away but he didn't, and his natural reaction was to reciprocate. He's paying the price.

Certainly not impartially. Johnson makes more contact with the girl on his left. The blond is the one who smashes into the bar, pushes the guy to her right which makes him turn around. Johnson doesn't push the blonde directly. He initiated contact trying to squeeze through to the open spot at the bar, which she was blocking. If she got upset at that common occurrence in a crowded bar, then she's the one that has issues. And that was clear with how quickly she turned around to confront him and instigate the altercation. There was no bartender in sight, so you can't argue that she was pointing to the invisible bartender. You also don't know what she was saying, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't to wish him luck on the season.

I think you need to look at it again if you think Johnson doesn't push the blond directly...right into the guy on her right. Which may be who she's pointing at (although there is in fact a bartender there). I'm not going to speculate what she's saying.

jtKCxyY.gif

I think you need to look at it again if you think Johnson doesn't push the blond directly...right into the guy on her right. Which may be who she's pointing at (although there is in fact a bartender there). I'm not going to speculate what she's saying.

jtKCxyY.gif

Any reason you started the gif at the altercation and not just before? So much for being impartial.

Show the gif when both are walking up to the bar.

From a female perspective I think she should be held accountable for her actions just as he was. His reaction was unjustifiable and he was dealt with appropriately by the school IMO, and any charges forthcoming could hold further punishment. But I spent my 20s in bars where you get shoved around and there is very little space to be claimed. If she doesn't like it, she should stay out of those kinds of bars. I never felt the need to act like this girl when in that situation and she should face appropriate consequences as well. The argument I keep seeing is that if anyone says she should be held accountable too that somehow that means that person also feels she is "to blame" for the QB hitting her or that he was somehow justified. In reality, I haven't seen anyone say that, but rather that her actions were independently inappropriate. Some of the nastiest fights I have seen in bars have been between drunk girls. I don't care how big they are, they can get vicious. Was he scared for his life? I doubt it, but she did appear to try to go after him so of course he should have walked away but he didn't, and his natural reaction was to reciprocate. He's paying the price.

What consequences would be appropriate for her? Maybe she should be banned from the bar for being belligerent but that would be up to the owner(s). From this video alone, I see no illegal actions from her. Johnson, however, broke the law.

She also looks like she tries to knee him in the bagels.

Well according to the legal beagles here, it's because she was illegally restrained and acting in self defense.

Any reason you started the gif at the altercation and not just before? So much for being impartial.

Show the gif when both are walking up to the bar.

You don't have internet access? Find it yourself.

Well according to the legal beagles here, it's because she was illegally restrained and acting in self defense.

Yeah, imagine that.

You don't have internet access? Find it yourself.

I did, and that's what I was referring to.

Your gif does not show the events leading up to the altercation, and in no way disprove the point that she was the initiator of the altercation. It makes sense that you're looking at this from a "legal" standpoint. You're utilizing the classic lawyer maneuver of putting words in people's mouth by framing the argument in your context and hiding the full evidence. Johnson made a lot more contact with the girl on the left, and she had no problem with it.

I did, and that's what I was referring to.

Your gif does not show the events leading up to the altercation, and in no way disprove the point that she was the initiator of the altercation. It makes sense that you're looking at this from a "legal" standpoint. You're utilizing the classic lawyer maneuver of putting words in people's mouth by framing the argument in your context and hiding the full evidence. Johnson made a lot more contact with the girl on the left, and she had no problem with it.

Then post it. I didn't post a longer gif because I couldn't find one. Good Lord.

So because the other girl didn't have a problem with Johnson rudely shoving people out of his way to the bar, that means no one else should feel defensive or uncomfortable with it?

There's a difference between defending one's self and retaliation.

He decked her because he was pissed; not because he felt threatened.

Pretty clear that both should be charged. He's a scumbag, though.

Then post it. I didn't post a longer gif because I couldn't find one. Good Lord.

So because the other girl didn't have a problem with Johnson rudely shoving people out of his way to the bar, that means no one else should feel defensive or uncomfortable with it?

Here's the full video - go to 1:49 mark and judge for yourself on whether he pushed her hard enough to upset her delicate southern belle sensibilities.

What consequences would be appropriate for her? Maybe she should be banned from the bar for being belligerent but that would be up to the owner(s). From this video alone, I see no illegal actions from her. Johnson, however, broke the law.

Well...she called him a racial slur, then punched him.

That makes it a hate crime. Ten years in a federal prison.