More Good PR For Florida State QB's

LB3

The guy 5' 9" 150 pound Hans Solo is accused of domestic violence against is 6' 8" 280. Just sayin.'

And she was arrested and jailed for it.

Like I said or meant domestic violence is not the answer and hitting a women should never happen, what I'm saying is there is a double standard and if it was a player on the men's team he would not be playing.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely. He clearly started the whole thing by grabbing her (and pushing her against the bar before that).

The whole thing is trashy - the bar and the people involved (and wtf is up with that bartender with the overalls and no t-shirt, btw?). But that guy looks like yet another dumb aggro jock with a sense of entitlement characteristic of an FSU football player.

Watch the video again. She barrels into the guy on her right at the bar, while Johnson is trying to get the other woman to move. He doesn't acknowledge the blonde, but she's certainly keen on making sure he's aware that she's there. Her entire body language is all about confrontation.

He clearly lost control, but let's not give blondie a pass for creating the situation.

Both were in the wrong. She threw a punch. Because a female threw the punch doesn't exempt her from consequences. At the same time, one would hope he could walk away, get a bouncer to handle her, etc. in either instance it would take maturity. He's what? 18? And drinking. Alcohol and its effects play a large part in this as well. The manager of the bar needs to explain why underaged people are in the bar in the first place.

Yes, he's wrong. I have no problem w/ him getting consequences. However, we don't need to present her as blameless. She is also wrong for swinging on him. Everybody should keep their hands down. A punch, slap, kick will usually lead to one in return. Not every guy has the maturity, foresight or worse, the desire to walk away. A woman should never think she can be physical in anger w/a guy because he's not supposed to react.

The racial potential? Who knows what's real at this point, but I can tell those who ask "because she called him a name it justifies..?" My friend, It's beyond being called a name. From multiple personal experiences, when someone calls you a !@#$ the anger goes from 1 to 1 million immediately. It's like someone coughed up every bit of sickness in their lungs and spit in your face. And one's reaction to it isn't always the most well considered in the moment.

This is a good post

It's very different than the ray rice thing imo but a lot of people seem to be tying them together.

I don't blame Florida state for booting him. I wouldn't be angry/horrified if he got another shot elsewhere... maybe with some stipulations, apology, anger mgt, whatever

I'm just glad my FSU son managed to stay out of camera view.

This is a good post

It's very different than the ray rice thing imo but a lot of people seem to be tying them together.

Yes, good post. The two are guilty of stupidity, but his offense is obviously inexcusable and warrants exactly what he's getting.

And it's like the Ray Rice situation in that he struck a woman in the head, and it would not be nearly as bad had it not been captured by a camera. That's sad to say, but I really think it's true.

Honestly. If i am going to hit someone in the head. i am attempted to hurt them severely.

that is an issue! push shove yell name call? That's one thing.

But when someone is going to strike another they surely mean to inflict harm.

He wasn't raised right.

and might be stupid.

I thought going to bars and drinking was supposed to be fun?

The colleges really need more lifestyle coaching and disciplines with these kids.

I hate to say it but they need to do more parenting with these youngsters. Develop good behaviors and healthy routines.They certainly charge enough to warrant it !

lots and lots of kids come out of college better for it socially.

its when the money/status shows up it gets weird.

The more this stuff gets exposed the better. I think.

Edited by 3rdand12

Watch the video again. She barrels into the guy on her right at the bar, while Johnson is trying to get the other woman to move. He doesn't acknowledge the blonde, but she's certainly keen on making sure he's aware that she's there. Her entire body language is all about confrontation.

He clearly lost control, but let's not give blondie a pass for creating the situation.

She definitely looks like a sloppy drunk. But he had absolutely no right to grab her wrist. A normal person would have laughed at her and moved on.

She definitely looks like a sloppy drunk. But he had absolutely no right to grab her wrist. A normal person would have laughed at her and moved on.

She cocked her arm as if to hit him. He grabbed it to prevent that but she hit him with the other arm.

She was defending herself after he grabbed her wrist and wouldn't let go.

Taking a lame-ass left-handed swing ain't the way for that. Screaming "take your hands off me right now! Right now!" at the top of her lungs while breaking the pinky of the hand that's holding hers much more effective.

Like I said or meant domestic violence is not the answer and hitting a women should never happen, what I'm saying is there is a double standard and if it was a player on the men's team he would not be playing.

Can't disagree.

My father boxed for a while and so did I when young. He taught me that unless you're in the ring or cornered, you never hit anyone. Use your brain & leave.

The only exception is when you help someone in trouble.

Yep, This, pretty much. I would be ashamed of her if that were my daughter in the video. Among other things she's been taught you don't fight unless you need to, and if you feel the need to defend yourself, you play for keeps. Don't flail around, break something.

Well, he is a 19 year old drunk punk with a cannon and enormous first strike capability. So there's that.

Then bad move on her part trying to prevent him from getting to the bar and striking him first.

Then bad move on her part trying to prevent him from getting to the bar and striking him first.

Agreed. In fact, even though I only watched the video one time, it seemed to me there wasn't one decent action taken by anyone in the entire thing. I could be wrong as I wasn't really concentrating on the people surrounding them. But they both seemed like jerks, the bartender just walked away. No one seemed to diffuse it.

It was a terrible dumb "decision"/reaction... but the kid is 19... I remember seeing all sorts of crazy stuff at college bars especially as underagers. He has to be held to a higher standard though having the responsibility of getting a full ride and being a 'celebrity' on campus. Also no idea on his upbringing either.

Girl looks like an obnoxious awful puddle but I do not think she did so much to make that response anywhere close to necessary... especially from a guy with so much to lose.

Ray rice was a grown man. Also hit his partner and it wasn't in a hectic bar scene. Makes the act in that case seem more psychopath and fits the bill of domestic violence.

Darby not helping his case to represent the Bills with class and dignity.

http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015/07/07/bills-cornerback-under-fire-for-response-to-fsu-assault/29821723/

I think he was perfectly correct in what he said. He said it's never right to hit a girl at all, but that the girl should face some consequences for her behavior.

I happen to agree on both counts.

Agreed. In fact, even though I only watched the video one time, it seemed to me there wasn't one decent action taken by anyone in the entire thing. I could be wrong as I wasn't really concentrating on the people surrounding them. But they both seemed like jerks, the bartender just walked away. No one seemed to diffuse it.

Girls friends seemed to be acting decently afterwards, concerned for their friend, trying to get her help.

But she felt her life was in serious danger? Come on, man.

If she didn't, she certainly should have in hindsight.

It was a terrible dumb "decision"/reaction... but the kid is 19... I remember seeing all sorts of crazy stuff at college bars especially as underagers. He has to be held to a higher standard though having the responsibility of getting a full ride and being a 'celebrity' on campus. Also no idea on his upbringing either.

Girl looks like an obnoxious awful puddle but I do not think she did so much to make that response anywhere close to necessary... especially from a guy with so much to lose.

Ray rice was a grown man. Also hit his partner and it wasn't in a hectic bar scene. Makes the act in that case seem more psychopath and fits the bill of domestic violence.

Both are scumbags but to me, assaulting a complete stranger is more indicative of psychopathic behavior. But then again, I'm not a psychologist.