Allahu Cakebar!!!

We as a society have the capability to to not *need* such conditions. Different times call for different needs.

You have the right to live in dream land but in the long run it harms you. If your inclination is to rest on the laurels of the toil of countless generations of ancestors so that this particular generation can "relax" and do nothing for future generations, then IMO you have misplaced inclinations and a false sense of reality.

Anyway, can we at least agree that Joe did a great job when he picked the title of this thread?

Edited by 4merper4mer

You have the right to live in dream land but in the long run it harms you. If your inclination is to rest on the laurels of the toil of countless generations of ancestors so that this particular generation can "relax" and do nothing for future generations, then IMO you have misplaced inclinations and a false sense of reality.

Anyway, can we at least agree that Joe did a great job when he picked the title of this thread?

Then you clearly misunderstand me if you think I believe this generation should do nothing.

But yes, I agree on the title.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

A footnote in the Necronomicon states that its author, Abdul Al'Hazred, resented being called the mad arab, preferring instead to be called 'Abdul the I just get these headaches'....

A footnote in the Necronomicon states that its author, Abdul Al'Hazred, resented being called the mad arab, preferring instead to be called 'Abdul the I just get these headaches'....

I'm not surprised conservatives like us like Lovecraft seeing he was a racist.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not surprised conservatives like us like Lovecraft seeing he was a racist.

He was also an early supporter of Hitler, but damn he could write some great horror.

Talking about the negroes and mullatoes out in the swamps. Scary chit right there.

The black cat in Rats in the Walls had a rather offensive name.

Obviously there are a lot of great works by authors of bygone days who used language that would be found to be offensive today. Sooner or later, the dumbasses of the world will realize that it isn't just Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn that contain such racial slurs, but for now we don't have to worry because most people don't seem to read much anymore.

We as a society have the capability to to not *need* such conditions. Different times call for different needs.

Well, since you stated it so factually, I guess I can't argue with that. Cheers. :beer:

Except we're "enjoying" the product of your liberal ideology. Welcome to consequences.