Allahu Cakebar!!!

Seems more believable than Walmart supporting ISIS.

It's not the fact that they "Support ISIS." It's the fact that they're willing to make that cake but not a confederate cake of all things.

I mean, really? Have you SEEN the people in Wal-Mart?

It's not the fact that they "Support ISIS." It's the fact that they're willing to make that cake but not a confederate cake of all things.

I mean, really? Have you SEEN the people in Wal-Mart?

Generally these places have a policy of not doing anything obscene, including hate speech. So I'm voting that the cake maker was ignorant of what the ISIS flag looks like, not that Wal-Mart/or the employee took some stance to print out ISIS as some defense of free speech, or support of ISIS.

The whole thing is dumb.

Edited by Dorkington

Generally these places have a policy of not doing anything obscene, including hate speech. So I'm voting that the cake maker was ignorant of what the ISIS flag looks like, not that Wal-Mart/or the employee took some stance to print out ISIS as some defense of free speech, or support of ISIS.

The whole thing is dumb.

Is the confederate flag "hate speech?" Or merely a sign of redneck pride?

For that matter what is "hate speech" anyway?

Is the confederate flag "hate speech?" Or merely a sign of redneck pride?

For that matter what is "hate speech" anyway?

Depends on who you ask... I think it has pretty racist connotations, myself. I don't care if private companies sell it or not, personally. Most companies will avoid potentially offensive items due to the litigious nature of our society. I don't care to see it used in official government matters, though. But again, those are all my personal views.

As far as the definition? I'm sure there's a dictionary that can help you with that, and then you can interpret it from there.

Depends on who you ask... I think it has pretty racist connotations, myself. I don't care if private companies sell it or not, personally. Most companies will avoid potentially offensive items due to the litigious nature of our society. I don't care to see it used in official government matters, though. But again, those are all my personal views.

As far as the definition? I'm sure there's a dictionary that can help you with that, and then you can interpret it from there.

Direct yes or no question: Should ALL forms of speech be allowed?

Direct yes or no question: Should ALL forms of speech be allowed?

I generally support free speech for the individual, but free speech does not come without consequences.

The government, however, is supposed to do it's best to represent the people, so if the government flies a flag that is symbolic of oppression, slavery, segregation, lynching, etc to a great percentage of it's people, I think that's ****ty and should be changed.

Sorry I didn't play by the "yes or no" rules, things aren't always so clean cut.

Ignorant employees doing ignorant things? Because they probably have to work like 3 jobs to pay their bills?

Because only in the 21st USA have people had to work hard and long hours to achieve their goals. It is a cruel society we live in. For instance in 13th century Portugal, you could wake up in the morning five days a week, go catch a fish and live like a king with weekends off. This is just one of many examples. You should have lived in the 4th century BC in the geography now known as Libya. Dude it was like a giant party all day and all night. I guess you're just unlucky to be born right here, right now.

Because only in the 21st USA have people had to work hard and long hours to achieve their goals. It is a cruel society we live in. For instance in 13th century Portugal, you could wake up in the morning five days a week, go catch a fish and live like a king with weekends off. This is just one of many examples. You should have lived in the 4th century BC in the geography now known as Libya. Dude it was like a giant party all day and all night. I guess you're just unlucky to be born right here, right now.

We as a society have the capability to to not *need* such conditions. Different times call for different needs.

In this case, they are. All speech should be allowed. Grown-ups =/= children, and we don't need the state telling us what we can and can't say.

Well, since you stated it so factually, I guess I can't argue with that. Cheers. :beer: