AFCE defenses vs. Bills offensive weapons

I think that the reasoning makes sense for each team (the smugness of the Pats beat reporter notwithstanding). Watkins is probably the answer for the Pats & their garbage secondary.

I think the whole "the Jets have Revis and Cromartie, so don't worry about Watkins and Harvin" statement is a bit overzealous. Not sure if that guy watched Sammy vs. Revis last year, but getting open wasn't the problem.

I think the whole "the Jets have Revis and Cromartie, so don't worry about Watkins and Harvin" statement is a bit overzealous. Not sure if that guy watched Sammy vs. Revis last year, but getting open wasn't the problem.

Yeah, he gave Revis fits. His explanation makes sense though that they have been just atrocious against TEs.

The Pats apparently just take away whatever a team wants to do. That's been a staple of the Pats since Belicheck got there. I guess that I just didn't realize how dominant their defense has been in recent years. Shame on me

From an outside perspective, the Bills are probably pretty happy that teams will be able to focus on players not named Sammy Watkins. Will he see single coverage on the regular? I can't imagine any defense (even the amazing Belichik**) would be able to do that with success. I don't care who the QB is. It sounds like defenses will take your passing game lightly, let this be a reminder - Brian Hoyer won 7 games last year. He is not accurate and went undrafted, and had minimal weapons. Your receivers will make any QB look decent. Harvin played with Christian Ponder and lit it up, for chrissakes.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

I just think it is interesting how much Sammy Watkins is disregarded.....its actually a lol moment

- Getting Shady was huge........no doubt

- Percy Harvin is dangerous and has to be accounted for

- The bills finally have a good TE

- Also of note......Robert Woods is no slouch

But the dismissal of Sammy Watkins who has a really good chance to be the best buffalo bill wide receiver EVER and the things he can do is something I bet is the subject of a lot of filmwork sessions of DC's. Its not as simple as "just roll coverage Sammy's way and lets rush the passer"......teams WERE rolling coverage Sammy's way last year and Sammy......playing with injuries all year was STILL GETTING OPEN

A rookie who is going to get even better in his second year......THAT is what defenses really need to be worried about

ESPN AFCE beat writers explain which player each defense will focus on the most. Watkins not mentioned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/19167/afc-east-qa-which-bill-will-defenses-focus-on

Good read for sure. At the end of the day, each of these writers had to pick someone and they picked new members of the team. Is it unreasonable that teams will focus on McCoy? Of course not. The guy has been a perennial beast in the NFC and stands to touch the ball only less than the quarterback for the Bills. With review of the Jets, it's a no brainer that they're going to try to shore up what was bad for them last year. 14 TD's by TE's is an absolute torching for a season.

Sammy had a challenging first half against Revis in the first meeting last year. I can attribute that to several things, but from that point on, it looked like Sammy figured out a few things and was getting open consistently in the second half of that game and then in the first half in Foxboro. He turned Revis around a couple times. And he wasn't 100% healthy in either game to boot.

I think Watkins matches up well to Revis with his strength, quickness, and long arms. Gonna be a fun rivalry.

GO BILLS!!!

How can we evaluate "offensive weapons," without a starting QB? Somebody has to get the ball to Sammy for him to be a weapon.

Somebody will start at QB, just like two "somebodies" started last year. And yet, he was a weapon! It's a miracle.

I just think it is interesting how much Sammy Watkins is disregarded.....its actually a lol moment

- Getting Shady was huge........no doubt

- Percy Harvin is dangerous and has to be accounted for

- The bills finally have a good TE

- Also of note......Robert Woods is no slouch

But the dismissal of Sammy Watkins who has a really good chance to be the best buffalo bill wide receiver EVER and the things he can do is something I bet is the subject of a lot of filmwork sessions of DC's. Its not as simple as "just roll coverage Sammy's way and lets rush the passer"......teams WERE rolling coverage Sammy's way last year and Sammy......playing with injuries all year was STILL GETTING OPEN

A rookie who is going to get even better in his second year......THAT is what defenses really need to be worried about

We as Bills fans know what Watkins is because we witnessed flashes of it last year. I do not think a lot of other fans regard him as high as we do. I also think a lot of columnists and sports writers are waiting to see him put up a couple of big games.

Personally i like the 'no love' for Sammy right now. Let him go out there and show everyone what he is. If he is healthy i do not care who his QB is, Sammy will be the impact guy for the Bills.

We as Bills fans know what Watkins is because we witnessed flashes of it last year. I do not think a lot of other fans regard him as high as we do. I also think a lot of columnists and sports writers are waiting to see him put up a couple of big games.

Personally i like the 'no love' for Sammy right now. Let him go out there and show everyone what he is. If he is healthy i do not care who his QB is, Sammy will be the impact guy for the Bills.

good post Brother.

i too think its limited knowledge. about Sammy. so many folks look at stats and read and listen to others.

watch the kid play football. i was against the trade value big time. never the player.

watching him get acclimated was pretty impressive. kid has so much natural talent he could be stupid and win matchups. but he isnt. he is serious about the game.

as mentioned in some thread already.

I think the best way for the Bills to win is to win the mismatch. and beat the hell out of the opponent with all 11 players each play.

The reason why Bills are going to win the AFC east is because of coaching. By using all the potential play makers to their strengths and creatin confusion. allowing a Hogan to get wide open. or heck, an Easely a Dixon, an O 'leary