Clemson OT Isaiah Battle to enter Supplemental draft

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that require him to pass through waivers, like Dez Lewis for us? Or are circumstances different for supplemental draft picks?

He would have to pass through waivers. But teams aren't likely to open a 53 roster spot for him if he was released. It's possible but they would likely take that risk. Especially because they already drafted three tackles.

He would have to pass through waivers. But teams aren't likely to open a 53 roster spot for him if he was released. It's possible but they would likely take that risk. Especially because they already drafted three tackles.

This would be a gamble as they would allow the other teams to put a waiver claim on him and if he passed through that portion he would be essentially a Rookie Free Agent and allowed to sign on any team's practice squad...

But still surprised they invested a pick (even if it was a 5th) on another OL after drafting 4 this past year.

This would be a gamble as they would allow the other teams to put a waiver claim on him and if he passed through that portion he would be essentially a Rookie Free Agent and allowed to sign on any team's practice squad...

But still surprised they invested a pick (even if it was a 5th) on another OL after drafting 4 this past year.

Oh I know but that is a gamble they would take after talking with him. If he wasn't going to sign to their PS they probably wouldn't want him anyway. It's really a strange situation after drafting Robinson and then 4 more and then Battle. At least one of the tackles is playing OG now. They probably have Battle rated significantly higher than the #6 T they took so he might be the guy they cut and put on the PS.

I'm just saying I doubt a team would sign him to their 53 without having a chance to see what he can do.

Oh I know but that is a gamble they would take after talking with him. If he wasn't going to sign to their PS they probably wouldn't want him anyway. It's really a strange situation after drafting Robinson and then 4 more and then Battle. At least one of the tackles is playing OG now. They probably have Battle rated significantly higher than the #6 T they took so he might be the guy they cut and put on the PS.

I'm just saying I doubt a team would sign him to their 53 without having a chance to see what he can do.

Totally agree on that one....especially since not many spare OL are kept on the 53 in the first place..

Would that require him to pass through waivers, like Dez Lewis for us? Or are circumstances different for supplemental draft picks?

You'd have to sign him to the active roster, which sounds like a real reach given how raw he is right now...