Clemson OT Isaiah Battle to enter Supplemental draft

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically we gave away Stevie and threw in the Chiefs game for nothing?

Oh, well. At least we learned our lesson, not to trade for running backs that Chip Kelly no longer wants. Oh, wait . . .

haha

I would consider using a 3rd no chance he lands to the Bills in the 4th.

If the Bills want him they will have to bid a 3rd

CBF

Just remember Seantrel had first round talent and dropped to us in the 7th. I don't know how much he would be able to help a team this year, with the strength issues he has. I'm guessing whoever takes him will have a practice squad player or a gameday inactive all year.

Just remember Seantrel had first round talent and dropped to us in the 7th. I don't know how much he would be able to help a team this year, with the strength issues he has. I'm guessing whoever takes him will have a practice squad player or a gameday inactive all year.

Good point

CBF

haha

I would consider using a 3rd no chance he lands to the Bills in the 4th.

If the Bills want him they will have to bid a 3rd

CBF

At first, I thought a 3rd or 4th as well. But I think he'll slide with those issues. So hopefully a 5th or 6th works.

lol - maybe we don't have a 6th because of Cassel trade? I thought it was a 7th.

Ha, Maybe he knows Cassell isn't making the team? So it's a forfeit instead of a trade?

Edited by qwksilver

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2m2 minutes ago

Good chance Clemson T Isaiah Battle is picked up today, but I did talk to multiple teams that do not like the off-field risk vs reward

It's kind of crazy to me the difference in how teams approach the supplemental draft compared to the regular draft. As far as I can tell, Battle's off-field issues are pretty minor compared to plenty of guys who end up being high draft picks. It seems to me Battle offers a pretty low risk/high reward for a 3rd or 4th round pick, especially since he won't have any pressure to start in year 1.

I guess it call comes down to what the "real story" is behind his decision. Since I don't know anything about him, I really don't care if the Bills try to get him.

It's kind of crazy to me the difference in how teams approach the supplemental draft compared to the regular draft. As far as I can tell, Battle's off-field issues are pretty minor compared to plenty of guys who end up being high draft picks. It seems to me Battle offers a pretty low risk/high reward for a 3rd or 4th round pick, especially since he won't have any pressure to start in year 1.

I guess it call comes down to what the "real story" is behind his decision. Since I don't know anything about him, I really don't care if the Bills try to get him.

as far as I know, he tested positive or was caught with pot. I also read he has been kicked off the team or was about to be before he decided to declare for the supp draft. Typically teams don't cut good players just for one pot offense. So I feel like there must be more to the story. Any Clemson fans out there? Edited by YoloinOhio

as far as I know, he tested positive or was caught with pot. I also read he has been kicked off the team or was about to be before he decided to declare for the supp draft. Typically teams don't cut good players just for one pot offense. So I feel like there must be more to the story. Any Clemson fans out there?

Ah, I really haven't been searching out any info, but I had only seen that he may have been caught with pot and was possibly in the dog house regarding some on the field issues (punching someone if I remember right). Big difference between that and possibly being kicked off the team. Thought I read he was expected to be the starter on a very solid Clemson OL this year.

Anyway, I assume Dabo has given all the relevant info to the teams asking for it. I doubt there will be any real surprises.