CJ Spiller a Superstar?

Unbelievable some of the CJ hate I see here. Trashing him with numbers accumulated while hurt ? Yea that tells the whole story. Wonder if he's as bad as that crappy skittles eating rb we traded to Seattle.

Fail city. Go CJ!

Nobody here hates Spiller. There are just vastly different opinions on how to interpret what he's done to date. But absolutely no one hates the guy.

The bills allegedly were willing to offer a nice contract, weren't they?

I believe they offered him A contract.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiller was arguably the best offensive player in his draft and one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL before the Syracuse coaching staff showed up. Some of you put way too much stock into the opinions of Jacksonville Jags assistant coaches.

Barring injury, Spiller will have at least 1,200 total yards from scrimmage. PM me if you want to be some jelly beans on it. :)

I am with you. I also would like in on some action. How about over/under receptions 55, TDs 4.

The guy is in the PERFECT situation for what he does well. Being here it was like having Dwight Howard as your primary ball handler. It made no sense how he was used. Spiller's success will be as much (or more) about the situation as it is the player. He is the prototype for what they have done so successfully over the last decade.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Spiller was arguably the best offensive player in his draft and one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL before the Syracuse coaching staff showed up. Some of you put way too much stock into the opinions of Jacksonville Jags assistant coaches.

Barring injury, Spiller will have at least 1,200 total yards from scrimmage. PM me if you want to be some jelly beans on it. :)

Uhhh:

Dez Bryant

Rob Gronkowski

Demaryius Thomas

Jimmy Graham

Antonio Brown

Goldan Tate

I think you meant coming out of school he was. He isn't even top 5 for offensive skills positions in his draft class. He's probably not top 10 in all offensive position in his class with Iupati, Pouncey adn Okung

Uhhh:

Dez Bryant

Rob Gronkowski

Demaryius Thomas

Jimmy Graham

Antonio Brown

Goldan Tate

I think you meant coming out of school he was. He isn't even top 5 for offensive skills positions in his draft class. He's probably not top 10 in all offensive position in his class with Iupati, Pouncey adn Okung

Clearly you have no idea what Spiller could do.

For real though, this year will clear everything up. Until then, all we have to go from is what he's done and I'll be the first to admit that his body of work to date is not consistent with what he could do.

But nobody ever made the HOF because of what they were capable of.

Uhhh:

Dez Bryant

Rob Gronkowski

Demaryius Thomas

Jimmy Graham

Antonio Brown

Goldan Tate

Yeah, I meant at the type of the draft. A lot of those guys are hindsight now.

Yeah, I meant at the type of the draft. A lot of those guys are hindsight now.

yup -- graham and brown were not thought of anywhere near spiller. Dez was probably the only one, but came with baggage. Demaryus and Gronk seemed to be just that small cut below, though not distant.

Edited by NoSaint

I am with you. I also would like in on some action. How about over/under receptions 55, TDs 4.

The guy is in the PERFECT situation for what he does well. Being here it was like having Dwight Howard as your primary ball handler. It made no sense how he was used. Spiller's success will be as much (or more) about the situation than the player. He is the prototype for what they have done so successfully over the last decade.

Well, this was the same coaching staff that never threw a screen to Watkins even though he was arguably what he was best at in college.

yup -- graham and brown were not thought of anywhere near spiller. Dez was probably the only one, but came with baggage.

Yeah, all of those guys are the definition of hindsight. Gronk had back surgery and didn't paly his last year. Dez was a crazy person who mom might be a hooker. Graham was still new to football. Thomas played in an option offense, etc.

Spiller was a special player at Clemson. People get so caught up in positions. He isn't a typical back. That's why people are so high on him going to NO. Payton does not move a 6'7" career OT to G. He puts his players in positions to excel. I wil lbe absolutely shocked if Spiller isn't a major weapon for him.

The McCoy trade was the best thing that ever happened to his career.

a team with a legit passing threat (keeps defenses from stuffing the box) , and an offensive line capable of penetrating to level 2 are the ingredients spiller needs to become a superstar- if he hasn't lost a step from his injuries.

since the bills had neither of those conditions while he was here, his A-level talent and explosiveness was wasted.

his quickness made others seem as if they were in slow motion by comparison. such a shame.

a team with a legit passing threat (keeps defenses from stuffing the box) , and an offensive line capable of penetrating to level 2 are the ingredients spiller needs to become a superstar- if he hasn't lost a step from his injuries.

since the bills had neither of those conditions while he was here, his A-level talent and explosiveness was wasted.

his quickness made others seem as if they were in slow motion by comparison. such a shame.

Couldn't agree more

Edited by hondo in seattle

Didn't you just agree more the second time?

i would second the second agreement if that helped matters?

Spiller has one hell of second gear. he just kept grinding the shift. he can catch. he can run some routes. he can make defenses shift

but man when he nailed second gear, it sure was amazing to see.

i would second the second agreement if that helped matters?

Spiller has one hell of second gear. he just kept grinding the shift. he can catch. he can run some routes. he can make defenses shift

but man when he nailed second gear, it sure was amazing to see.

when he was drafted, i thought and hoped he would wind up being the best bills runner ever.

when he was drafted, i thought and hoped he would wind up being the best bills runner ever.

And he showed some great potential under Chan. just did not realize it. Marrones offense did not have a place for him, it seemed

Nfl.com suggests Spiller will enter the upper echelon of talent this year. It wouldn't surprise me as our coaching staff had zero clue as to how to use him. In fact it's amazing that Hackett has a job at all. Still, as I root for the dude to do well, it will be bittersweet if this happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000498478/article/the-superstar-club-in-2015-who-arrives-who-leaves

CJ Spiller will likely bet better from here on out compared to McCoy. I've accepted it, probably best the rest of you do as well.

Superstar...no. Star...maybe. Superstars don't need coaches to "figure out how to use them". There's no question if someone is a superstar.

That's a BS comment. Are you serious?

Are you saying that if Tom Brady went to the Cleveland Browns with the number 1 overall pick with Chris Palmer as his head coach, he'd have the kind of success he has now? LOL.

Same goes for Brees. Brees was good in San Diego but Sean Payton and his genius ways made him the offensive monster he is today.

Chan was and still is a genius and knew how to utilize his players. He was a god awful HC but to make Fitzpatrick and Spiller look like competent players should tell you that coaching has A LOT to do with a player's success.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

That's a BS comment. Are you serious?

Are you saying that if Tom Brady went to the Cleveland Browns with the number 1 overall pick with Chris Palmer as his head coach, he'd have the kind of success he has now? LOL.

Same goes for Brees. Brees was good in San Diego but Sean Payton and his genius ways made him the offensive monster he is today.

Chan was and still is a genius and knew how to utilize his players. He was a god awful HC but to make Fitzpatrick and Spiller look like competent players should tell you that coaching has A LOT to do with a player's success.

Brady and Brees would've been great in virtually any system.

Spiller was a class act all the way. Played hard every down he was on the field, and when he was able to get the ball showed what he is capable of.

Given that the Saints are not on our schedule, I am definitely rooting for him to have a monster season and finish runner up to McCoy for the rushing title in a Saints offense that will definitely maximize him and use him out of the backfield to offset the lack of Jimmy Graham.

Brady would never have got a chance in any system.

The Pats were nearly hamstrung by poor planning to play Brady. I forget the list of QB's they brought in to tryout on Monday after the injury but those QB's did not overwhelm, mostly because there were only crappy options at the time.

That the Pats stood with him at QB was amazing, purely amazing. He got lucky to get the opportunity and was hardly more then a game manager early on. With Belichicks defense there was no need for a flashy, shoot the field QB. Brady did not make mistakes and that's all it took.

Highly disagree. Belichick and Payton made them what they are today and if you don't see it then I don't know what else to tell you. Look at Cassel in 2008. 21 TDs and 11 INTs under Belichick?

Brees would be a "good to middle of the pack" QB if it wasn't for Payton. You can't be serious.

There's a difference between "good" QBs like Flacco, Tannehill, and then there's GREAT. Without Payton and without Belichick, Brady and Brees would be just another good QB in this league. Look at Brees's numbers before New Orleans and then while he was with Payton. Night and day.

Brady would never have got a chance in any system.

The Pats were nearly hamstrung by poor planning to play Brady. I forget the list of QB's they brought in to tryout on Monday after the injury but those QB's did not overwhelm, mostly because there were only crappy options at the time.

That the Pats stood with him at QB was amazing, purely amazing. He got lucky to get the opportunity and was hardly more then a game manager early on. With Belichicks defense there was no need for a flashy, shoot the field QB. Brady did not make mistakes and that's all it took.

Yup. Totally agree

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83