[closed]Source: Bills inquiring about Mathis

http://www.wgr550.com/Source-Bills-inquiring-about-Mathis/21624799

I apologize if this has been posted already. According to the article we are trying to determine what his expectations are before we consider. Evan is an absolute beast at Guard but I just have a bad feeling there may be some type of medical issue as to why he was released that is not being discussed. Could just be me I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling there is a knee injury or something involved here. If he is healthy I think we will stick with what we have now as releasing Chris Williams and saving 2 mil will not really help much. Ritchie has always impressed me as a guard and I think Jon Miller is going to be a stud as well.

http://www.wgr550.com/Source-Bills-inquiring-about-Mathis/21624799

I apologize if this has been posted already. According to the article we are trying to determine what his expectations are before we consider. Evan is an absolute beast at Guard but I just have a bad feeling there may be some type of medical issue as to why he was released that is not being discussed. Could just be me I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling there is a knee injury or something involved here. If he is healthy I think we will stick with what we have now as releasing Chris Williams and saving 2 mil will not really help much. Ritchie has always impressed me as a guard and I think Jon Miller is going to be a stud as well.

I think this is now outdated.

In response to the OP the Philly perspective is that it was a culture thing, and that it's Chip flexing his muscles.

I think they mentioned last night that they were going to kick the tires on Mathis. No promises on getting him, especially since he wanted more money and we will be outbid, but a big part was the culture.

In response to the OP the Philly perspective is that it was a culture thing, and that it's Chip flexing his muscles.

I think they mentioned last night that they were going to kick the tires on Mathis. No promises on getting him, especially since he wanted more money and we will be outbid, but a big part was the culture.

Chip hs definitely thrown away lots of good talent. Thank you very much for the local insight on this.

My guess is the Bills reached out to him to see if he'd be interested in a one year deal - then his agent said well we're trying to get 2-3 years - the Bills said ok we just can't do that because we've got already tough decisions to make beyond this year but we do have a bit of room this year, so if your client can't find extended years call us.

Chip has been asked about Mathis recently and has said that basically: 1. Mathis has been on the trading block for the past two years 2. they have had zero offers for him. I don't think it's an injury.. Maybe a 'systematic non-fit'

Chip has been asked about Mathis recently and has said that basically: 1. Mathis has been on the trading block for the past two years 2. they have had zero offers for him. I don't think it's an injury.. Maybe a 'systematic non-fit'

He's been on the trading block for two years with zero offers?! That's doubtful to me.

Probably many offers, but zero offers that Chip likes.

My guess is the Bills reached out to him to see if he'd be interested in a one year deal - then his agent said well we're trying to get 2-3 years - the Bills said ok we just can't do that because we've got already tough decisions to make beyond this year but we do have a bit of room this year, so if your client can't find extended years call us.

Good post didn't think of this but makes sense

If there are any moderators here I need help. I was asked to change my screen name to a more family oriented appropriate one. I cannot remember my password and need it to be able to change my screen name. I either need it reset or just emailed to me. The name is Ty Webb's college room mate from Caddyshack that was caught night putting with the Dean;s daughter and was not meant to be dirty. I apologize if I offended anyone.

If there are any moderators here I need help. I was asked to change my screen name to a more family oriented appropriate one. I cannot remember my password and need it to be able to change my screen name. I either need it reset or just emailed to me. The name is Ty Webb's college room mate from Caddyshack that was caught night putting with the Dean;s daughter and was not meant to be dirty. I apologize if I offended anyone.

I'm sure the next thing you're going to tell me is a donut with no hole is a danish right? Edited by The Wiz

You failed to mention that Mitch was a great guy.