'I was born a poor black child'

So you're saying racism has been wiped from the face of the US? :lol:

You're saying that being black doesn't make them different. It's their upbringing, their parents, schools and socio-economic background that determines who they are. I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm talking about how they've been treated because of their skin color. You know...their experiences.

Are you being intentionally obtuse, or do you just not know the difference between individual racists and institutional racism?

Institutional racism, which no longer exists, would impact the group that was being systematically discriminated against.

Individual racists impacts are very limited, and impact only individuals; and given that there are individuals of all races who are racist, these experiences are not unique to the blacks.

And again, I'll note you haven't responded to this: "Map out "the black experience" for me. Be sure to include specific details about how the experiences of Colon Powell's children are more similar to those of a black inner city child than to those of James Mattis, and how the experiences of a black child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Alabama are vastly different from those of a white child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Louisiana."

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your definition of racism is horribly broken. youre not alone, you picked it up by listening to popular culture, which could not be more wrong in how it defines racism. i dont even have to look for your age and i can tell you identify with the millennial culture bc thats where this thoroughly broken definition resides and gets its evil life

thats why i keep urging you to start reading, bc you are so blatantly ignorant of the vital issues on this topic. ignorance doesnt mean stupid, it means you just dont know. like a child that doesnt know how to tie their shoes yet, they arent dumb they just havent learned that part of life yet. thats you and the topic of 'racism'. you are simply not knowledgeable and dont realize what you dont know

there. is. no. racism. in. anything. i. ever. say.

you will find that odd, perhaps even funny. but it is a fact. i am not racist, i hold no racist views, and i have dedicated my life to help lift people of color up where they needed it throughout my existence. i MARRIED A FKG BLACK WOMAN for gods sake. not to mention all the volunteer work ive done over the years. and of course the deep and emotionally intimate relationships ive had with many black folks over the years, including right now as we speak. so your statements that i could possibly be espousing racist views are childish in their naive simplicity. please just abandon that tack bc it will get you nowhere

your definition of racism is just flat out broken and you desperately need to re-educate yourself. i suggest you start with the books by taleeb starkes (a black man), jesse lee peterson (a black man), and thomas sowell (a fkg super brilliant black man)

Now that's racist, you blowhard.

lmao. of course it is

see ppl, this is what we are facing. this is what got us into this horrible mess

its just like back when i was fighting old fashioned white racism. the ppl back then couldnt see it either. everything was fine and if you disagreed they branded you. 'what are you, some kind of ni99er lover?'

now its everything is racist. if youre white (or even black, check out youtube) and speak up about real truths that are plaguing us its youre racist'

yes. of course i am

this is our enemy, people. this brings us donald trumps. we couldnt have a better example. reject neoracism

i suggest you start with the books by taleeb starkes (a black man), jesse lee peterson (a black man), and thomas sowell (a fkg super brilliant black man)

if i buy you guys a book will you read it?

im a disabled poor guy but i would be happy as hell to shell out a measly five bucks to try to get you to walk into the light on this issue

i read somewhere that this book was required reading in some college courses. i never checked that out but i can see why it would be. there is a faction out there that freely admits we have a problem with too many black ass holes right now. note this is similar to the problem we USED to have with too many white ass holes that werent getting called out for their ass holery. this is a legitimate problem that just keeps hurting our black communities and thus the collective at large

mr starkes is just an average black man, accountant i think, that got tired of the blatant bull ѕhit and started writing books calling out ass hole blacks for what they are. his first one is mostly about the violent ass hole blacks, his second is about the race grievance exploiters like al sharpon and blm. hes very very blunt, he chooses to just call that violent faction ni99ers, similar to chris rock. in fact, all these authors i mention call out that ass hole faction, though they do it in different ways with different terms. but they are pointing out the poison that currently infects too much of our blackness for what it is

this is just a reality that we have to admit. mr starkes is blunt, while mr sowell is brilliantly more subtle. i would love to buy you some of his books but they are much more expensive. and mr starkes does do a good job with his sledgehammer approach, too. at least it would get you started to thinking about how to push yourself past this ridiculous mental block that blacks are above any criticism or its racist

oops forget the link

51cvvpM8KqL._AC_US160_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Un-Civil-War-Confronting-Subculture-African-American-ebook/dp/B00BMHY5R4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488468075&sr=8-3&keywords=taleeb+starkes

if you promise you will actually read it i will send you a voucher to get this on your device. just pm me your email

Edited by Meathead

lmao. of course it is

see ppl, this is what we are facing. this is what got us into this horrible mess

its just like back when i was fighting old fashioned white racism. the ppl back then couldnt see it either. everything was fine and if you disagreed they branded you. 'what are you, some kind of ni99er lover?'

now its everything is racist. if youre white (or even black, check out youtube) and speak up about real truths that are plaguing us its youre racist'

yes. of course i am

this is our enemy, people. this brings us donald trumps. we couldnt have a better example. reject neoracism

I don't think we are in a horrible mess at all. Never were. But you do. Because you're married to a black. You're an expert. More than most believe there isn't an issue with race in this country. Go find your bull **** quack polls to say I'm wrong but there isn't a race problem in this country.

Are you being intentionally obtuse, or do you just not know the difference between individual racists and institutional racism?

Institutional racism, which no longer exists, would impact the group that was being systematically discriminated against.

Individual racists impacts are very limited, and impact only individuals; and given that there are individuals of all races who are racist, these experiences are not unique to the blacks.

And again, I'll note you haven't responded to this: "Map out "the black experience" for me. Be sure to include specific details about how the experiences of Colon Powell's children are more similar to those of a black inner city child than to those of James Mattis, and how the experiences of a black child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Alabama are vastly different from those of a white child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Louisiana

You don't care how racism impacts individuals only groups? Once again having zero desire to talk to a black man about his experiences as a black man makes you a very boring, shallow and closed minded person. That has been my point all along here.

And I've not addressed your mapping our the black experience for you because it's asinine. I suggest you ask Colon Powell and James Mattis about their experiences growing up. Oh that's right. You have zero interest in talking about a black man's experiences as a black man.

And again, I'll note you haven't responded to this: "Map out "the black experience" for me. Be sure to include specific details about how the experiences of Colon Powell's children are more similar to those of a black inner city child than to those of James Mattis, and how the experiences of a black child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Alabama are vastly different from those of a white child of a single mother living in a trailer park in Louisiana."

Yikes.

if i buy you guys a book will you read it?

im a disabled poor guy but i would be happy as hell to shell out a measly five bucks to try to get you to walk into the light on this issue

i read somewhere that this book was required reading in some college courses. i never checked that out but i can see why it would be. there is a faction out there that freely admits we have a problem with too many black ass holes right now. note this is similar to the problem we USED to have with too many white ass holes that werent getting called out for their ass holery. this is a legitimate problem that just keeps hurting our black communities and thus the collective at large

mr starkes is just an average black man, accountant i think, that got tired of the blatant bull ѕhit and started writing books calling out ass hole blacks for what they are. his first one is mostly about the violent ass hole blacks, his second is about the race grievance exploiters like al sharpon and blm. hes very very blunt, he chooses to just call that violent faction ni99ers, similar to chris rock. in fact, all these authors i mention call out that ass hole faction, though they do it in different ways with different terms. but they are pointing out the poison that currently infects too much of our blackness for what it is

this is just a reality that we have to admit. mr starkes is blunt, while mr sowell is brilliantly more subtle. i would love to buy you some of his books but they are much more expensive. and mr starkes does do a good job with his sledgehammer approach, too. at least it would get you started to thinking about how to push yourself past this ridiculous mental block that blacks are above any criticism or its racist

oops forget the link

51cvvpM8KqL._AC_US160_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Un-Civil-War-Confronting-Subculture-African-American-ebook/dp/B00BMHY5R4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488468075&sr=8-3&keywords=taleeb+starkes

if you promise you will actually read it i will send you a voucher to get this on your device. just pm me your email

If you've accurately encapsulated the central thesis of this book, then I think I'll pass. No use in wasting my time considering an argument that's bunk on its face.

You don't care how racism impacts individuals only groups? Once again having zero desire to talk to a black man about his experiences as a black man makes you a very boring, shallow and closed minded person. That has been my point all along here.

And I've not addressed your mapping our the black experience for you because it's asinine. I suggest you ask Colon Powell and James Mattis about their experiences growing up. Oh that's right. You have zero interest in talking about a black man's experiences as a black man.

You're more obtuse than a 140 degree angle, and given your second paragraph, you're a complete fraud as well given that you can't pin down what makes the "black experience" so unique that it would be worth discussing.

Yikes.

Name the racist institutions, and then explain how and why they are racist.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Yikes.

If you've accurately encapsulated the central thesis of this book, then I think I'll pass. No use in wasting my time considering an argument that's bunk on its face.

take bee man up on his offer. Curious to see

You're more obtuse than a 140 degree angle, and given your second paragraph, you're a complete fraud as well given that you can't pin down what makes the "black experience" so unique that it would be worth discussing.

I may be a fraud but at least I care to hear about people's experiences. You do realize that is the ONLY point I've been making here right. Talk about being !@#$ing obtuse.

I may be a fraud but at least I care to hear about people's experiences. You do realize that is the ONLY point I've been making here right. Talk about being !@#$ing obtuse.

A fraud who can't read, apparently.

I've been stating from the beginning that I love hearing about the experiences of individuals.

Hey, look everyone! Critical Race Theory.

A fraud who can't read, apparently.

I've been stating from the beginning that I love hearing about the experiences of individuals.

Then who said this? Your alter-ego? Someone sign in under your name? Were you drunk?

I have zero interest in having a conversation with a black man about his experiences as a black man.

A black man is an individual right?

Name the racist institutions, and then explain how and why they are racist.

Honestly, it's most of them. Although some of them are suffering from "residual" institutional racism: aka what used to be codified set the stage for where we are today.

Things like criminal justice (drug policy, policing models, brutality, sentencing, slave labor protected by incarceration, etc), housing policy, voting policy, redistricting, etc. All have and/or had (to a degree such that the effects remain relevant) serious racial inequities.

Frankly, something as basic as the "institution" of civil discourse in this country has serious racism issues.

If you'd like to discuss any of these issues, I'd suggest making a separate thread and we can (hopefully) have a productive discussion.