Bills Teammates Rave about Tyrod Taylor

Well that was a cop out of drastic proportions now, wasn't it?

I'm not sure why you think I'm the person that cannot handle the topic at hand, since you seem to be unwilling to engage in any type of reasonable discussion whatsoever.

All you've done is take shots at Manuel, call me a troll, tell me to stick to the topic of player's comments (when the topic is clearly centered around Tyrod Taylor), and then refuse to acknowledge when your original question was answered (despite being off-topic).

Nevertheless, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt (after calling me a troll).

Stick to the topic Troll!!!!!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a cop out of drastic proportions now, wasn't it?

I'm not sure why you think I'm the person that cannot handle the topic at hand, since you seem to be unwilling to engage in any type of reasonable discussion whatsoever.

All you've done is take shots at Manuel, call me a troll, tell me to stick to the topic of player's comments (when the topic is clearly centered around Tyrod Taylor), and then refuse to acknowledge when your original question was answered (despite being off-topic).

Nevertheless, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt (after calling me a troll).

Butt-face

I'm just looking forward to the clever nicknames that will be popping up for Tyrod's many endorsement deals. Tsquared, Double T, Touchdown Taylor and on on on. . . It's fun and on topic.

The comments by Bradham and Jax have been overblown. Taylor is too short and doesn't read defenses well enough. I expect Manuel to get the first shot as the starter because he has all of the physical tools. He has the most upside. He just needs the right system and play calling to play to his strengths. Taylor is just a tease.

Roman will use Manuel's athleticism to make him effective and efficient.

The Bills have so many weapons on offense now that the QB just needs to be able to get the ball into the hands of guys like McCoy, Watkins, Harvin, Clay, Woods, Jackson, Goodwin and let them make the big plays.

Manuel needs to be aggressive and he needs to run the ball this year when the opportunity presents itself.

It's total BS to think that Manuel will not be in a Bills uniform this year like has been rumored.

Roman's schemes and play calling will help Manuel to succeed immensely.

I like Manuel's chances now as well with a much better (and experienced) coaching staff.

Where is all the praise for the much improved EJ.

Haven't heard a peep out from the players....

Imo

no need for that Leroi.

whatever happens happens.

we need stick to just hoping , out of those 3 we get something we can field. hopefully two things. a starter and a solid back up !

Oh, I agree. I won't be upset at all if any QB plays really well for us, though my hope is much more for EJ or Tyrod just due to age and also skillset for Roman.

simple as that

I would love to see Taylor win the competition. I think this was just positive reinforcement by teammates

And there we have it !

Kids , its really just that simple.

Leroi your posturing is less than.

Those that have invested something to turn his head are wasting emotional effort and you should know better than to be baited.

see the avatar?

well chosen.

But i do love the forum!

Honestly , the kid might just have something.

Best Man wins. i believe that's how it will shake out.

Hate to say this. hate to. so non traditional. Let him run some plays gametime.

Read option or something.

If that could be real threat with Tyrod stepping in? Roman must be delighted and Rex has reason to saunter about with his proclamations of playoffs.

But if he really can overthrow Goodwin who beat his coverage 60 yds ? I want to know more.

Lordy lordy i look forward to training camp . This is the year i finally make it.

I promise!!

and playoffs baby!

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I have complete self control, plus I can actually read and comprehend, not just spew garbage.

I can handle anything, Can You?

There are several here who can't, and it's very apparent who those members are.

Now let's back on track, this thread was derailed by one of those extra sensitive members.

Thanks Bills fan 4 ever.

Imo

There are but few things that are worse for an intelligent and energetic internet forum than a Troll with Self Control.

Imo

Edited by Dibs

There's really only so much faith you can put into statements in OTAs, especially about QBs. That being said, Taylor is clearly running away with this and I've already penciled him in as the starter. I'm surprised they haven't just announced it already. Playoffs fellas, playoffs.

There's really only so much faith you can put into statements in OTAs, especially about QBs. That being said, Taylor is clearly running away with this and I've already penciled him in as the starter. I'm surprised they haven't just announced it already. Playoffs fellas, playoffs.

koolaid gulper!

save some for the rest of us NC !!

1. Cassel and EJ are same size they are both 6-4. EJ is more athletic. But your size comparison is wrong.

2. Cassel is slightly better career wise on completion %, so strike 2.

3. Cassel has 96 tds vs 70 ints. EJ is 16 Tds vs 12 ints. Cassel has a better TD to INt ration of 1.37 vs 1.33 - Again you;re wrong.

4. Cassel is 6.6 YPA vs 6.4 for EJ. Again you're wrong.

While the hope is one of the younger wins, you are off on all of your actual facts.

Try again with real facts to support your cause. Just because you say it on the internet doesn't make it true.

Playing referee here but you either missed or ignored this key parameter by Koufax: "Putting aside Cassel's one year starting in NE, his overall career completion %, YPA, and INT% are all worse than EJ's, without the physical upside or hope that he is young enough to get better."

So it is likely that Koufax was/is factually correct but you could certainly debate the merits of removing that particular season when discussing his career numbers.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

I am really hoping EJ wins the job. If you are in to reading tea leaves, however...pretty much interview that I have heard, where players are commenting on the QB's, with EJ they always say things like "that's my guy", or "he's my boy"...whereas with Taylor on Cassel they comment, positively, about their performance, or at least what they can honestly tell at this point of the off-season.

I think relying upon whatever player statements happen to get quoted by news media is sort of lower down on the accuracy level of prediction than reading tea leaves or using a Ouija board but that's just me. We don't know what questions were asked, we don't know what was said and not reported by a guy trying to "spin" up a story, and we don't know how what was said reflects a players real opinions.

Pretty well documented that Flacco would never allow it. Insisted the coaches never let TT play with the #1's in a game (reg season or pre) or practice. Team TT and the #2's beat Team Flacco and the #1's in practice often.

(....)

Funny how the MOST RECENT DATA is that the players (Graham, Nigel, Freddy) and coaches (Kubiak, Rex, Lee) are saying TT is the real deal

I'll be happy with whichever QB shows best in training camp and preseason being our starter.

That said, I would like to know where it is documented that Flacco would not allow TT to play with the 1s in any game or practice or that they beat "Team Flacco"

Can you share links, please? Or explain your source and basis?

QB throw against D, not against other QB, right? How does this make sense he "beat Team Flacco"? Was he playing against the Ravens 1's on D or the 2's?

I am also curious where any of the players and coaches have said "TT is the real deal". He has won praise for athleticism (no surprise), his throwing motion (good, he's worked on it), and accuracy (also good to hear) but it's a long step from praising a guy's accuracy and throwing motion in shorts in OTAs and saying "he's the real deal" as an NFL QB, which is something that can only be seen when the pads go on and it's live hitting. The quotes I've heard from Rex are more measured.

Edited by Hopeful