EJ Manuel's film session games 1-4

ill just go ahead and leave this here for you to study. Offensive lines are not designed to block a defensive line consistently for longer than 3-4 seconds. Thinking that every offensive line is dallas cowboyesque is a fallacy. We were average when compared against other teams in giving time to protect.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/20/qbs-in-focus-under-pressure/

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/QB-pressure-pct.png

Interesting stats.... Pressure or no pressure orton was horrible.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was never given "time" consistently!!

PFF ranked them 30 out of 32

So did Corey Liuget!

Pff just ranked them the 11 best in terms of allowing pressure to the qb. So while they werent other worldy at setting up a run, the misnomer that they constantly allowed more pressure on our qbs than other qbs faced is just that a fallacy.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/20/qbs-in-focus-under-pressure/

Pff just ranked them the 11 best in terms of allowing pressure to the qb. So while they werent other worldy at setting up a run, the misnomer that they constantly allowed more pressure on our qbs than other qbs faced is just that a fallacy.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/20/qbs-in-focus-under-pressure/

Pff ranked them at the end of the season 30th best line. Run blocking 32nd Pass blocking 23rd. It's all in the eye of the beholder. By the way Pff just ranked them 11th best in terms of allowing pressure to Kyle Orton not the entire Bills team.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/

Pff ranked them at the end of the season 30th best line. Run blocking 32nd Pass blocking 23rd. It's all in the eye of the beholder. By the way Pff just ranked them 11th best in terms of allowing pressure to Kyle Orton not the entire Bills team.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/

I know where they ranked earlier. I now know that kyle orton faced the 11th lightest pressure in the league. So once again while they werent the best at everything they certainly werent the worse. If you read the article along with the informstion you will realize that tge qb holding on the ball for too long plays a part in the rankings. Hence enter EJ manuel.

I know where they ranked earlier. I now know that kyle orton faced the 11th lightest pressure in the league. So once again while they werent the best at everything they certainly werent the worse. If you read the article along with the informstion you will realize that tge qb holding on the ball for too long plays a part in the rankings. Hence enter EJ manuel.

Did they have rankings on QBs that see ghosts and go into the fetal position or slide 2 yds short of a first downs?

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Did they rankings on QBs that see ghosts and go into the fetal position or slide 2 yds short of a first downs?

Yeah and he was the 11 best protected qb that didnt have the same issues as Manuel. It helps if you are decisive with the ball and can go through more than one progression.

Yeah and he was the 11 best protected qb that didnt have the same issues as Manuel. It helps if you are decisive with the ball and can go through more than one progression.

No Orange! This is based on the fact that Orton was getting rid of the ball quickly on quick routes by receivers. Go watch the game film/tape. Deep routes were a minimum.

Ahh... you remember only what you want, I gotcha.

I remember balls sailing over, behind, and at the feet of our wrs. I remember orton coming in and sammy being interviewed and was looking forward to playing with orton. I also remember 2 years worth of manuel training in the offseason looking exactly like he did at fsu. But mostly i remember him being benched a decision of the hc backed 100% by the gm. Im not going to say its impossible thst hes improved;however, if he beats cassel out I will be suprised.

No Orange! This is based on the fact that Orton was getting rid of the ball quickly on quick routes by receivers. Go watch the game film/tape. Deep routes were a minimum.

I talked about this earlier. The more decisive the qb is with the ball the less pressure he faces, inversely the less decisive the qb is with the ball the more pressure he faces.

I remember balls sailing over, behind, and at the feet of our wrs. I remember orton coming in and sammy being interviewed and was looking forward to playing with orton. I also remember 2 years worth of manuel training in the offseason looking exactly like he did at fsu. But mostly i remember him being benched a decision of the hc backed 100% by the gm. Im not going to say its impossible thst hes improved;however, if he beats cassel out I will be suprised.

I talked about this earlier. The more decisive the qb is with the ball the less pressure he faces, inversely the less decisive the qb is with the ball the more pressure he faces.

So Kyle 11th was more decisive than Brady14th, Brees 16th, Rivers 20th, Luck 28th. Those rankings don't have the Texans game or the Chargers game included. I don't care if we had god himself(Brady) at QB it still wouldn't have been good. They were on EJ before he ended his dropback.

So Kyle 11th was more decisive than Brady14th, Brees 16th, Rivers 20th, Luck 28th. Those rankings don't have the Texans game or the Chargers game included. I don't care if we had god himself(Brady) at QB it still wouldn't have been good. They were on EJ before he ended his dropback.

noone said kyle was more decisive than those. Its a product of that and the oline blocking. Once again there is no need to act like ej wasnt a large part of the blame in that game. There is no denying jj watt is going to get his, however, when your qb is no threat at completing intermediate or deep passes consistently that backs those defensive players out of the box, the defense will continue to full on go after the passer knowing he is no threat and there is no running game because the box is stacked. If you noticed every time houston faced a qb that could throw the ball (not a checkdown) in the intermediate and deep part of the field last year they lost.

Spiller has no clue how to set up blocks on those screens. His football IQ is so bad. Worst oline in the last 30 years for this team. Worst coached Bills offense I've ever seen....including the Jaroun era. There was far more bad then good from EJ. The OP would brush off the check downs or bad throws as pressure or by design or no other options. That's just not true with all of them and QBS MUST make throws under pressure. And at times he does...there are flashes. I get the sense if he was coached in a manner of "just make plays...move around...have fun" that he'd stop being a robotic mess. Im not throwing in the towel on a 3rd year QB who's played 14 games bc our other options are very meh. We'll be better if he succeeds and I want to root for him. Here's to hoping the coaching makes this work.

This response is ONLY about the above bolded sentence.

Last seasons OL was pretty bad, but not even close to being the worst in 30 years. Remember Greg Jerman (THE worst OT I ever saw)? Joe Panos (who could barely stand up)? Jerry Ostroski sucked but even he wasn't the worst. I wish I had time to post the names of the rest of these disasters. Remember the free agent guard we signed from Carolina? Who was the 6th round pick from Houston? Players would hit out qbs late sometimes drawing blood, and this horror show wouldn't even help the qb up. Someone please help me here with some more names.

Compared to what we have seen since the mid nineties, this OL was better than average. Sad but true.

noone said kyle was more decisive than those. Its a product of that and the oline blocking. Once again there is no need to act like ej wasnt a large part of the blame in that game. There is no denying jj watt is going to get his, however, when your qb is no threat at completing intermediate or deep passes consistently that backs those defensive players out of the box, the defense will continue to full on go after the passer knowing he is no threat and there is no running game because the box is stacked. If you noticed every time houston faced a qb that could throw the ball (not a checkdown) in the intermediate and deep part of the field last year they lost.

They wrecked Joe Flacco and the Ravens in week 16. How does that fit your narrative?

Did they have rankings on QBs that see ghosts and go into the fetal position or slide 2 yds short of a first downs?

LOL

Ahh... you remember only what you want, I gotcha.

it is a prerequisite for being a EJ detractor aka people who say anyone else is better than EJ

Orange you glad we have so many trolls!!?!?!?

They wrecked Joe Flacco and the Ravens in week 16. How does that fit your narrative?

selective filtering Lemon (sour puss orange) was told that yesterday but chose to ignore it.

I'm sorry that was a bit rude calling him/her a sour puss

This response is ONLY about the above bolded sentence.

Last seasons OL was pretty bad, but not even close to being the worst in 30 years. Remember Greg Jerman (THE worst OT I ever saw)? Joe Panos (who could barely stand up)? Jerry Ostroski sucked but even he wasn't the worst. I wish I had time to post the names of the rest of these disasters. Remember the free agent guard we signed from Carolina? Who was the 6th round pick from Houston? Players would hit out qbs late sometimes drawing blood, and this horror show wouldn't even help the qb up. Someone please help me here with some more names.

Compared to what we have seen since the mid nineties, this OL was better than average. Sad but true.

Jon Carmen

Dylan McFarland

Terrence Pennington

Mike Gandy

Lawrence Smith

Mike Pucillo

Just off the top of my head

One game out of the many good qbs they faced. Ej manuel is no joe flacco rest assured.

LOL

it is a prerequisite for being a EJ detractor aka people who say anyone else is better than EJ

Orange you glad we have so many trolls!!?!?!?

selective filtering Lemon (sour puss orange) was told that yesterday but chose to ignore it.

I'm sorry that was a bit rude calling him/her a sour puss

Do you know what the word substance and relevance mean? If you do, do you ever post anything related to those two words? If not, try to i promise it wont hurt. Also ej manuel is ranked 49/50 qbs only qb he beat out is weeden.m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2330912-br-nfl-1000-ranking-the-top-50-quarterbacks-from-2014

Do you know what the word substance and relevance mean? If you do, do you ever post anything related to those two words? If not, try to i promise it wont hurt. Also ej manuel is ranked 49/50 qbs only qb he beat out is weeden.m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2330912-br-nfl-1000-ranking-the-top-50-quarterbacks-from-2014

You're citing a Bleacher Report article using their own cockamamie rating system?

You're quickly approaching tool status.

One game out of the many good qbs they faced. Ej manuel is no joe flacco rest assured.

You coming across as troll but Joe Flacco and EJ Manuel had very similar rookie year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/ManuEJ00.htm

Does it mean Manuel will be good as Flacco? Of course not. but it shows QBs need time to develop. There were plenty of people questioning Flacco before he won a SB.

You're citing a Bleacher Report article using their own cockamamie rating system?

You're quickly approaching tool status.

Possibly a Trool?